Moon Pictures

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
s-l2000(46).jpg s-l2000(75).jpg
Got quite a few of the Apollo missions; it's become a bit of thing for me (since the official photos tend to be low res or watermarked or tagged onto some agenda).

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Time for an old one:
2007_0930b0019 Large Web view.jpg

The ISS and the Space Shuttle 🥳
It's very hard to make out what's what and information at the time was scant, other than that the ISS was brought down into 'low' orbit to enable a meet up with the Shuttle in order to fit a new solar panel array and other stuff.
My guess is that the bright light is the ISS and the smaller, dimmer cylindrical object is a pod(s) or fuel tank detached for the operation (it was tumbling alongside). Just a guess, though.

Taken just using a bare-bones Fuji S9600 on a tripod.

Last edited:

amberp

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Wow, it's really wonderful. How did you even do that? It always seemed unreal to me. I adore space, I used to go with my children to watch rockets launch, but this dream, to take a pic of the Moon, seems impossible.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Wow, it's really wonderful. How did you even do that? It always seemed unreal to me. I adore space, I used to go with my children to watch rockets launch, but this dream, to take a pic of the Moon, seems impossible.
Maybe this'll help:

If you don't have, or don't want to fork out for a camera, you can use your phone-cam with clip-on lens kits like:
https://www.amazon.com/CoPedvic-Sam...ne&qid=1611081362&sprefix=clip+on+tele&sr=8-9

I'm a budget snapper, so I count getting a reasonable photo without spending big money as an achievement in itself.
Alas, though, big sensors and good glass are still costly to make.
I take most of my photos with 'bridge cameras' which, traditionally at least, keep costs down by using phone-cam sized sensors. They have all the function of dslr's and often with reasonable lenses. The photo of the ISS and Space Shuttle was taken with such a camera.

Kittyinpink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Time for an old one:
View attachment 48491

The ISS and the Space Shuttle 🥳
It's very hard to make out what's what and information at the time was scant, other than that the ISS was brought down into 'low' orbit to enable a meet up with the Shuttle in order to fit a new solar panel array and other stuff.
My guess is that the bright light is the ISS and the smaller, dimmer cylindrical object is a pod(s) or fuel tank detached for the operation (it was tumbling alongside). Just a guess, though.

Taken just using a bare-bones Fuji S9600 on a tripod.
Now I'm impressed.