Molicare?

jimmy4444

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Have molicare discontinued a lot of there plastic backed products, i only seem to come across clothed now, apart from the maxi slip, but there used to be so much more ?

Reactions: Jorelaxed
I believe they used to be called Super plus or something like that, they used to have a lite purple plastic backing and were really good.

Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle and Magicalgirl101
I'm sure Molicare till make the Slip Maxi which is plastic backed.

Reactions: PaddedMI
Molicare slip maxi is the only PE backed product Hartman currently offer, like most manufacturers they went cloth like in response to continence 'experts' thinking it was better because it was 'breathable'. Like Essity (Tena) they had to backtrack because no one bothered to speak to users and other experts and many people with sensory processing disorders couldn't tolerate the fundamental overnight change to the feel of their underwear. Cloth like backings remain due to most people finding them a little more discrete in terms of noise (if not odour control).

Reactions: bobbilly
I personally like both plastic backed and cloth backed nappies. I think Tena Proskin are better then Molicare cloth nappies though.

I do miss the older Molicare that was Lavender in color they was so soft and comfy and very dependable !

Reactions: jimmy4444
bobbilly said:
I'm sure Molicare till make the Slip Maxi which is plastic backed.
The Super Plus was (in Large) plastic backed and purple in color... the Slip Maxi is largely the same diaper. It is plastic backed and blue (in large).

ShortFirefly said:
The Super Plus was (in Large) plastic backed and purple in color... the Slip Maxi is largely the same diaper. It is plastic backed and blue (in large).
Now the Slip Maxi is made in Italy and longer then the 3 folded older slip.

bobbilly said:
Now the Slip Maxi is made in Italy and longer then the 3 folded older slip.
It's also less compressed and the wings don't have to be pulled away from the back when you open it up. The plastic is too thin and splits at the rear very easily though.

Reactions: bobbilly
ABUMichaelUK said:
It's also less compressed and the wings don't have to be pulled away from the back when you open it up. The plastic is too thin and splits at the rear very easily though.
Too bad as the molicare slip maxi was my 24/7 in 2015/2017. I don't use them as much now. Quality as gone down hill and I wrote to them just after they went shite and never got a reply.

Last edited:
bobbilly said:
Too bad as the molicare slip maxi was my 24/7 in 2015/2017. I don't use them as much now. Quality as gone down hill and I wrote to them just after they went shite and never got a reply.
Worth reaching out again, their nurse advisors have engaged really well with me and want (unused) damaged items to send to Germany to investigate- I think enough people have complained so they are sitting up.

Back