Molicare sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I'm trying to figure out if Molicare medium will fit. I use the small which has a top size of 34" which is my size. I would like a little more wing and absorbancy; also the small can leak if I am not aimed properly, being that a man can go any which way. The chart shows medium starts at 35". Will I be swimming in this diaper?

Also looking to buy a sample but don't see that for sale. I buy on Amazon for the price. Would rather not buy there though.

XP Medical is out but also looks like they sell/sold a different line of Molicare?

Molicare went through some changes during that whole move to cloth-like backing, so I'm not sure if the super plus is a thing anymore.

As far as the sizing goes, their medium runs a little smaller than other mediums. If you can fit the small but it's tight, you'll probably fit the medium a bit loosely. Nothing that some creative taping can't fix though

When you're in between sizes like this it's always better to go with the larger size. You also want a snug fit, never a tight one. The waist band is also supposed to extend up to your waist line too (near your belly button). And as you found out, not having a diaper extend up high enough is just asking for leaks over the top.

Its the "slip super plus" that I have been using and like- its cloth backed. The is another Molicare called maxi brief which has different sizing. I am curious to try but don't want to buy a whole bag without sampling.

I use Molicare in size medium, and I have a 36 inch waist, The tapes land on the front edge corner of my hipbones. Cloth backed super and super plus. If that’s any help...

Small size easily fits me, but I also prefer the medium ones, because they feel big and nice and all...
The upper tapes cross in the middle of the front panel, the lower go down along the leg guards and the fit is snug and comfortable. You have a larger waist, than I do, so I think you should be fine, they won't be too big for you.

And by the way, about those "Maxi Briefs" — they are almost the same as Super Plus, only in blue and have slightly faster absorbency speed. They might also be a bit softer, although that may be my imagination...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back