Moisturizer/ diaper cream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What’s the best way to prevent diaper rash/ irritation during the summer? Can you just use any moisturizer down there or should you use something specific?

Also how does it interact with baby powder? Can you even use them together?

Last edited:
I use 2 different types of creams in the warmer weather, the first is the medicated A&D ointment for at night and Aquaphor healing ointment for day / morning time diapers, the real important thing though with summer time is to air out your skin, I typically once the warmer weather moves in, cut my diaper time down so I'm in underwear during the day time, this gives my diaper region time to air out and prevents rashes / irritation.

Reactions: Beowulf
As Pampers4U I use two different creams. The first one I got with the kit they send you home from the hospital with. The nurses said that they use this Remedy Skin Care Cream a lot, especially in the skin drying winter environment. I use Remedy Cream as my diaper rash deterrent and if any discomfort begins to indicate an upcoming rash I switch to one of a couple of brands of diaper rash cream containing zinc oxide. Between these two types of cream I’ve managed to keep my tush rash free for the past four years with both urinary and bowel incontinence. If you’re going to stay (comfortably) padded, get creamed!

Mommy uses Johnson's baby lotion and baby powder on me and I never get rashes. 7 yrs straight I've been in diapers.

Use a good quality nappy rash cream, try to avoid powder at the same time s it can granulate with the cream and levae you sore in important places as well as where you have folds of skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back