MatalicPebble

Lily Fathom
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I recently bought a couple packages of baby pacifiers to add to my collection. I love to have them hanging on my walls for a type of decoration. One of the packages had a unique design and I am not talking about the decorative part of the button. The button and shield seemed different then most. I then recognized this design. Most baby pacifiers are cemented together around the button that makes contact with the shield.
Mam pacifiers don’t do this which is why most use mam pacifiers to diy their own adult pacifiers. With careful precision you can pull them apart without shattering them. This was not a Mams pacifier though. To test this theory I carefully pulled at the clip to see if the button would moved. I was beyond ecstatic to see it did move. Although very little it was noticeable. I managed to pop the button off after a carefully removed clip. The clip suffered a small amount of damage but once I switched out the teat with an adult sized one it snapped back together perfectly.
I also tend to take corse grit sandpaper to provide texture to the flat side of the teat and a more fine grit for the marks on the button/shield from the pliers. I tend to tongue thrust to relieve the tension of anxiety. Especially when I am obsessing over something stupid I did. The texture on the teat helps for some odd reason. It does not take a lot of texture though. Just enough to feel different then the stem that I leave smooth.
“Do any of you modify pacifiers, decorate, or at the very least make a small change like I do with the teat?”

Last edited:
Well for the one and only (adult) pacifier I have was custom made with a MLP charecter on it. Stupidly i must have bit it a bit and it lacerated a bit of the teat. I don't think i could modify it to put a new teat on or something

RetroGamerGuy said:
Well for the one and only (adult) pacifier I have was custom made with a MLP charecter on it. Stupidly i must have bit it a bit and it lacerated a bit of the teat. I don't think i could modify it to put a new teat on or something
Mind sharing some pictures of it? If you can show me what the button on it looks like I might be able to tell how you could try to switch out the teat with a new one. If it’s just a decorated one that I am thinking of it might just be a matter of removing the button without damaging the glued on stuff.
If it’s an actual Pacifiers R Us modded paci it might not be possible. They tend to cement them back together in their process. I actually got carried away with one or two thinking the button would just pop off. Nope, so the teat ended up going into a new Mam shield.

when I get myself a new paci I wanna get my sona's face on it

I bought it off Etsy its a normal adult sized NUK paci. I would like to post a pic from my phone but it seems the pictures come out far too big to be posted here (im kinda bad with phone tech lol)

I think I know what pacifiers your talking about. Your not talking about the BigForLittle brand right? Otherwise you would have probably figured out how to fix it by now. Your best bet would probably be with a heat gun to soften any glue that is holding it together. I am assuming you did not pay more than $30 for it though. Just be happy its not a Pacifiers R Us type. I love them pacifiers and I have never found anything that comes close to theirs. They tend to cost $60 so, its aggrivating when they break. Luckily I always have rescued the teats by putting them into a new guard.
on another note
I been looking into a non-toxic way to make my own guards from carving heavy dense wood. Like walnut and cherry with some sort of natural drying oil for a varnish. I took apart a lot of baby pacifiers and broke most of them in the process of modifying them. I have a pretty good idea what the parts look like and how they are supposed to be put together.

I love the aww so cute ones. Theyre exactly the nuk style but with bigger shields and the quality is premium. Theyre great!!

Attachments

• IMG_20191107_080054_459.jpg
    IMG_20191107_080054_459.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back