Modern nappies

Marting said:
Do most of you find plastic backed more babyish, or is it mainly about performance?
For me, both. As a baby I had plain plastic diapers, as did my baby brother. So that's what I associate as being the most babyish. And adult plastic diapers do still have the best performance.

Reactions: Marting
Slomo said:
For me, both. As a baby I had plain plastic diapers, as did my baby brother. So that's what I associate as being the most babyish. And adult plastic diapers do still have the best performance.
An adult diaper is also babyish if it has a landing zone, leak guards and elastic waistband.

Last edited:
Marting said:
Do most of you find plastic backed more babyish, or is it mainly about performance?

For a lot of AB/DLs, the "presentation" of a diaper is a big influence in what they want or buy. (compared to say, performance or features)

I suspect that the DL group places the most importance in appearance and feel. And that depends on what you have in mind when you think of "diapers". For most people that gets its strongest impression from their earliest memories of diapers, be they what they wore, what they thought they wore, or what they saw others wearing. (we're all very impressionable at a young age) Age is going to play a big part in that, as cloth was the most popular choice until around the 70's, when it turned to plastic, and then around 2000 it changed again to clothlike. What you remember is probably what you're going to prefer. This has been asked several times, and that's generally what it comes down to - people like what they remember from their past.

As for function, I thing that's going to be coming down to how much the individual intends to use their diapers... performance isn't worth paying more for if you don't use your diapers. I don't think that AB or DL makes very much difference in comparison to intended use. My best example there is AwwSoCute... they have good looking diapers, and are a good choice for those looking for the (relatively rare) pink diapers, as long as you aren't looking for good performance. They don't have front or rear elastic, the lower tapes are way too low, the tapes are one-chance, and iirc they don't even have leak guards. They're a cosmetic diaper basically, that fits very sloppy and leaks at the drop of a hat. But they have a very good AB look and feel.

Reactions: Marting
Marting said:
More babyish, more sensually pleasing, and more reliable/effective. The performance gap in favor of clothlike would have to be extreme to get me to waver. I think it's just a happy accident that what turns me on happens to be the best all around.

Back