• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Moderators (admins)????

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarg

Est. Contributor
Role
I have a question guys... i don't come onto this forum often but i've been wondering. Who are the admins? Do the admins control specific forum areas? Or is it just you are given power in all sections. Because i'm wondering if at all possible that i and/or rance become admins of stories-in-progress. It seems a unmonitored corridor of this website and i've been thinking about suggesting this for a while but i didn't frequent the stories too often back then... (Don't know if this is where i should put this, it seems more administrative to me than request-like)

P.S. On an off note, if i can't become a mod of that section is it at all possible for me to change my little thing below my name "blarg" to something other than VIP ??? Thanks

~blarg

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Webmaster: Moo
Admin: Peachy
Senior mods (forum): Charlie F and Kraiden
Junior Mods (Chat): Lukie, Trevor and me (Martin)
Junior Mod (wiki): Dannytheninja
Newsletter: Abigail, Pojo

No there aren't mods for specific forum sections.

You can change the title here. In that page go down to "Custom User Title" and you can fill it in there.

blarg

Est. Contributor
Role
I remember Kraiden used to go to the stories-in-progress often but he doesn't anymore... it seem sas if no mod dares venture there anymore!

Thanks for the link btw.
~blarg

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Why does there need to be a mod in that section? I can't see why having a mod will help anyone.

If there is any problems you can whistle them over and have them check it out. It doesn't mean if they don't browse it they won't deal with anything with mod powers in that section. We have the report buton and request forums.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I remember Kraiden used to go to the stories-in-progress often but he doesn't anymore... it seem sas if no mod dares venture there anymore!

Thanks for the link btw.
~blarg
You may not know this but you already have tools for user moderation, everyone does. they are: report post and rep. True, we can't ever see all threads all the time, hence why we need the community to help us. By reporting posts and if they're really bad to rep them.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Thank you for the thought, blarg! Unfortunately, moderation isn't one of my interests. :) And I can't necessarily suggest that I'd be good at it.

I think that of all parts of the site, the Stories section needs less moderation than many other parts, because the potential for conflicting conversation is lesser there.

Role
Private
Just to expand:

Moo does all the technical stuff for the site (and let's not forget RJ as well!)

Peachy doesn't do the technical, but instead makes forum/rule/username/aesthetic changes and is basically Moo's right hand man fruit.

Charlie and Kraiden deal with issues regarding posts/threads and various other things can be reported and deleted off here.

Trevor, Martin and myself deal with everything IRC chat.

DannyTheNinja is the techie/admin for the wiki and fixes up issues regarding that.

Abigail and Pojo deal with the monthly newsletter and collaboarte on that every month.

Should note though that Trevor, Abigail, Danny, Pojo, Martin and myself all have basic forum functions, like close/lock thread and kicking posts into moderation until a senior mod can get to them. And I think Martin has a few more features open to him as well.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private

Thanks for the link btw.
~blarg
Hey, I still go through every section of the forum. Just because I don't post doesn't mean I don't see it. :eek: *evil laugh*

blarg

Est. Contributor
Role
Kraiden is that doctor house lol? I just FINALLY realized who it might be lol... The reason for this moderator idea because i was thinking about revamping and exanding the writing section. Such as if you wish to post a story you need a X amount of critical posts in other stories... etc. And a moderator could moderate such things.

~blarg

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Such as if you wish to post a story you need a X amount of critical posts in other stories... etc. And a moderator could moderate such things.
I think that that sort of thing should be encouraged, not enforced.

I remember reading a thread made in the story forum probably back on TBDL that somebody had written that basically explained that sort of etiquette and was stickied.

I don't think that there needs to be a story forum mod, but I'm sure that if you were to write something like that (perhaps start it in the wiki so you can have input from other story forum users), then it would much appreciated.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
You may not know this but you already have tools for user moderation, everyone does. they are: report post and rep. True, we can't ever see all threads all the time, hence why we need the community to help us. By reporting posts and if they're really bad to rep them.
Good post. Eat reputation.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I have a question guys... i don't come onto this forum often but i've been wondering. Who are the admins?
The admins are: Myself, RJ, and Peachy.

blarg said:
Do the admins control specific forum areas? Or is it just you are given power in all sections.
Admins have moderation powers throughout the site, and on IRC.

blarg said:
Because i'm wondering if at all possible that i and/or rance become admins of stories-in-progress.
You probably mean 'moderators', rather than admins. They are two different things.

We don't generally appoint mods of individual sections, but if you feel there is a strong case, ask Peachy.

Staff Roles - ADISC Answers Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.