Not open for further replies.

KcBabyJosh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
I have always enjoyed being buckled in to car seats, sitting in highchairs, and even the baby swings at the park. I always thought it was bondage. about a year ago I was in my car seat and had to go in a diaper. I loved it. I got a nuk 5 pacifier, more diapers, and did research on AB/DL. I do believe I'm an AB is there anyone else out there that loves both diapers and locks?

LilMonkeyAlex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I have only been on Adisc since March and have seen at least 3 threads on this PLUS there is an entire group about it. The consensus seems to be YES!!! There is a lot of correlation between ABism and BDSM.

Lexii

Est. Contributor
I hate the thought of chains, and whips and straight jackets, Ect but i love the thought of highchairs, Car seats, Swings, ECT. I wouldn't call it BDSM exactly, because it's not sexual.. I don't know thought x)

KcBabyJosh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
I hate the thought of chains, and whips and straight jackets, Ect but i love the thought of highchairs, Car seats, Swings, ECT. I wouldn't call it BDSM exactly, because it's not sexual.. I don't know thought x)

yea.... that seems to be where I'm different, it is sexual for me and other then the occasional chain I'm all about the highchairs, Car seats, Swings, ECT also. the biggest difference is once I get in them I have to be let out. just about an hour ago I was in my car seat I buckled myself in but my grilfiend had to give me the keys so I could get out.

Bigbabybret

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
yea.... that seems to be where I'm different, it is sexual for me and other then the occasional chain I'm all about the highchairs, Car seats, Swings, ECT also. the biggest difference is once I get in them I have to be let out. just about an hour ago I was in my car seat I buckled myself in but my grilfiend had to give me the keys so I could get out.

Sounds like you may like self bondage a bit as well...google it if you don't know what it is...

I also like the idea of being in something that you cannot remove yourself.

This does seem to be one of the ab bondage cross over items that is real common.

I guess being put into you highchair, crib, carseats, or swing and there you are till someone let's you out is very calming or relaxing. Weird. But not being in charge is what I like.

B
P.s. I've gotta get some ab time soon..been too much adult mode lately .

slannen20

Est. Contributor
I must say i agree.
High chairs and car seats would be a lot of fun.
I once saw this video of a guy who was tied down to a bed with a ridiculous amount of buckles and straps, and ever since then i've wanted to do the same.
Mostly because of how over the top it was!

A

alu

I recon it the feeling of safety when being "locked up" that feels good.

onecho

The Reluctant Lord of Liminal Space
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
I definitely see the connection. I'm not big on locks and whatnot, but the real issue at-hand can be boiled down to control. In regressing, we set aside the self-reliant (for the most part) facade of an adult and exchange it for helplessness, but also contentment. We allow our concerns to fall away because we, for once, are able to. As kids, we're taken care of and if we fall, we know we'll be caught.

BDSM plays directly off of the idea of forfeiting control over your person and becoming completely vulnerable to another. Mind you, I'm not into whips, leather or any of the other accessories that oft come to mind upon mention of the initialism. However, the more I think about it, these additions really only serve to enhance the emotional desires at the heart of the act.

In much the same way, through returning to childhood, we give up the emotional concept of control. Letting go of the physical aspect (bladder control, etc.) enriches the experience and allows for that feeling of resignation and, in essence, submission to our child-like lack of ability to be amplified.

So, I think that the idea of being locked in-place, held down and so forth ties in very logically to the emotional fulfillment we seek in ABDLism. While I wouldn't consider BDSMism and ABism to be synonymous, they definitely share a common emotional thread.

tuscan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think a great many of us enjoy a certain amount of restraint. I used to even get a thrill from the 5 point harnesses fitted to my landrover (they are a necessity for off-roading) whether or not I was diapered. I think part of the additional excitement of being restrained whilst wearing diapers is that as adults we do not HAVE to use our diapers, we could simply remove them and use a bathroom, if we wished to do so. This option is not available, if you are restrained and have given the means of release to another person. Perhaps this duplicates the feeling of dependency which we had as children.

LittleNicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Even being in a back-zipped sleeper gives a feeling of being restrained, as you have to rely on someone else to release you, especially if it's too tight. I enjoy roleplaying as a toddler who knows he has to go potty, but can't 'escape' from his outfit...

Altric

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I love using my vintage lock collection like this! My sleeper has a choker chain in the collar of it so that my brother was able to lock himself in when he owned it. When he gave it to me, he included the choker. I usually remove it, but I sometimes have fun by locking myself in the sleeper, then mixing the key in with a lot of other keys so when I want to get out, I have to hurry to find the right key by sorting through about 100 or so keys to find the right one!

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Personally, I love locks, to the point where I'm a hobbyist locksmith with a key-cutting machine. I pinned and re-keyed the locks to my house. I know how to pick locks. My latest fascination had been with RFID and electronic applications.

I also love bondage. It might be that my love of bondage drives my love of locks, or vice-versa. It's kind of a chicken-egg thing I suppose.

I also am an AB, and I love diapers and high chairs and other toddlerish trappings.

The thing is, AB stuff and bondage are intrinsically linked, and the only real differences are in the trappings. Being strapped into a bondage chair or being strapped into a high chair? Both are removal/surrender of control, just different flavors. Same for being strapped into a high chair. Being put into a cage or being put into a crib are the same functionally, it's just different flavors of the same thing.

The big distinction that renders the differences greater than the sum of the parts is entirely in mindset. There's a huge difference between a (adult) toddler or baby being strapped into a high chair, which is done to keep them safe and aid in caring, versus being strapped into a high chair as an adult wearing childish clothing because they're being humiliated or controlled or treated "unwillingly" as a toddler, versus someone being strapped into a bondage chair. Same goes for cribs and cages, et cetera. Really, whether a high chair is a babyish thing or an adult thing or a bondage thing is all up to you and your headspace.

Personally, I enjoy the occasional "enforced" toddlerhood, like having my diapers locked on, for instance. Beyond that, though, although I want a highchair and crib, I want them to be toddlerish/babyish, possibly with the potential for discrete locking. But, I don't want a crib that's just a cage with childish color or a highchair that has chains or big huge padlocks.

Sure a crib and highchair are functionally the same as a bondage chair and cage, the trappings are what set the scene and headspace.

onecho

The Reluctant Lord of Liminal Space
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Even being in a back-zipped sleeper gives a feeling of being restrained, as you have to rely on someone else to release you...

I would LOVE a back-zippered sleeper! I get exactly what you're saying. :)

KitsBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
I definitely see the connection. I'm not big on locks and whatnot, but the real issue at-hand can be boiled down to control. In regressing, we set aside the self-reliant (for the most part) facade of an adult and exchange it for helplessness, but also contentment. We allow our concerns to fall away because we, for once, are able to. As kids, we're taken care of and if we fall, we know we'll be caught.

BDSM plays directly off of the idea of forfeiting control over your person and becoming completely vulnerable to another. Mind you, I'm not into whips, leather or any of the other accessories that oft come to mind upon mention of the initialism. However, the more I think about it, these additions really only serve to enhance the emotional desires at the heart of the act.

In much the same way, through returning to childhood, we give up the emotional concept of control. Letting go of the physical aspect (bladder control, etc.) enriches the experience and allows for that feeling of resignation and, in essence, submission to our child-like lack of ability to be amplified.

So, I think that the idea of being locked in-place, held down and so forth ties in very logically to the emotional fulfillment we seek in ABDLism. While I wouldn't consider BDSMism and ABism to be synonymous, they definitely share a common emotional thread.

I really like the way that you wrote that. Very well-said.

I think that ABDL and BDSM are like two sides of the same coin. Or perhaps more accurately, like Yin and Yang; since there are many crossovers between the two. Both involve the transfer of status, control, and responsibility. But, the approach is different.

ABDL generally takes a more positive approach, while BDSM generally takes a more negative approach. There is also an obvious difference in terminology between the two that set very different tones:
The person in charge: ABDL: Caregiver, Daddy, or Mommy; BDSM: Dominant (dom), Master, or Mistress
The person controlled: ABDL: Baby, Child, "Little One"; BDSM: Submissive (sub), Slave, or simply "It"

Although light BDSM can be fun and playful, hardcore BDSM strongly emphasizes humiliation, fear, pain, and subjugation.

One particularly apt example is the way that diapers are used. We all know that diapers are used in ABDL play. But, diapers are also used in some BDSM play. In BDSM, the diapers are used as a tool to humiliate the sub through forced soiling. Rather than providing any care or understanding, the dom taunts, belittles, and punishes the sub.

Another striking example is the use of colors. Colors are important because they are an effective way to set an emotional tone. Most BDSM paraphernalia is black or metallic silver. In contrast, most ABDL paraphernalia is white, or any other color of the rainbow (usually pastel, but never black, unless you count certain plushies).

Although they both touch on similar feelings, I think that BDSM is a much less healthy approach than ABDL. I don't believe that wallowing in negative emotions and "dirtiness" will help anyone. But ironically, BDSM is a much more popular kink and society is more aware and accepting of it.

KcBabyJosh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
Sounds like you may like self bondage a bit as well...google it if you don't know what it is...

I also like the idea of being in something that you cannot remove yourself.

This does seem to be one of the ab bondage cross over items that is real common.

I guess being put into you highchair, crib, carseats, or swing and there you are till someone let's you out is very calming or relaxing. Weird. But not being in charge is what I like.

B
P.s. I've gotta get some ab time soon..been too much adult mode lately .

yes I do enjoy self bondage but not as much as locking myself in and not having a way out at any time.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I like car seats and other child safety locking mechanisms. But I don't think it has to do with being BDSM, it's just your care givers making sure your safe. Thus proving they do care about you which in turn makes you happy.

B

BabyJayk

All of you seem so much more in tune with this than I do I have just two questions.

1. Where could one procure a car seat large enough to hold a certain 5'5" female? (Looks at KaydeeRoo with evil grin)
2. I seem to enjoy tieing people up more than I enjoy being the one tied up (its nice sometimes, just not the same) What does that make me?

Sorry if I am thread-jacking.
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.