mixed drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover, , Other
i am starting this thread as a place to talk about mixed drinks and there recipes. your originals and well know recipes are welcome.

two i like are
1. A shot and a beer - typically this is 1oz of jager in a beer i prefer yuengling lager.
2. something i made up - 1oz vodka 1oz melon snapps 1oz sour and v8 splash shake over ice.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
As far as mixed drinks, I like Sailor Jerry and Coke Zero. When drinking beer I prefer Asahi Ichiban Shibori or Sapporo. I've just recently been exposed to yuengling, and I quite like it.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
coke and rum (sometimes with coconut flavored rum).

Also how can we forget the classic... jello shots!

bdb2004

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Let’s see... right now my favorite, which is nothing special, is probably grey goose and tonic... followed by a Dark and Stormy (Goslings Black Seal Rum and Ginger Beer) and as a random one I had that a bartender was making at a party was Baileys and Captains, which surprisingly tastes pretty good, basically you use baileys as the mixer and then just through in some captains, the amounts are flexible... gets you a bit intoxicated kinda quickly though... guess the whole having EtOH in the mixer part helps with that ;)

Lone_Wolf

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
my faves are:
1. Duck Fart -Kahlua,Bailey's, Crown Royal
2. Melon Ball- Midori, vodka, pineapple juice
3. Area 151 - Red Bull, Southern Comfort, peach schnapps, Hpnotiq
and last but not least my most fav......
4. Gargoyle- Absinthe (Pernod 136 proof), Rock Candy Syrup, Sweet and Sour

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think my friends and I actually invented a drink a while back. We call it the Redneck Car Bomb, and to do a correct redneck car bomb, one would drop a shot of Yukon Jack into a glass of Saranac Black and Tan. I don't know if you can get that beer everywhere, if not, one could substitute it with Yuengling Black and tan or Michelob Amber bock and that would work

Other than that, I like a good Mint Julep - though they are sort of a pain to make so I'll only have one if the bar makes them. And of course, another favorite is an extra dry gin martini - stirred, not shaken, with two olives

D

daria7483

coke and rum (sometimes with coconut flavored rum).

Also how can we forget the classic... jello shots!
You might enjoy this site then. Now, I haven't actually tried any of these -- I haven't had a jello shot in probably four years -- but I'm wondering if it might be time for a jello shot party.

The problem with that, though, is it's been my experience that you don't want to serve bright-colored fruity alcoholic drinks at a party you're hosting. It just doesn't end well, in terms of cleanup.

I don't really have any of my own recipes to add to this, but coconut rum and Coke has always been one of my favorites, as have margaritas and mojitos.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm a big fan of vodka and water or Jager and Red Bull (either "bombed" or just mixed). Daria, you're totally right about the whole cleanup issue -- bright drinks just shouldn't happen. ;)

Role
Private
No Sex On The Beach nor Screaming Orgasms for me!

Funny this thread should pop up! I went to a cocktail party just last night! XD

Anyway, I'm really not a fan of cocktails unless made up properly by someone who knows what the hell they are doing.

Nevertheless, here's a few of my favourites:

Hell Biscuit
White Russian
Mint Martini
Fruit Tingle
Lemon, Lime & Bitters
Irish Coffee
Dark 'N' Stormy
Liquid Nitrogen

I'm a big fan of vodka and water or Jager and Red Bull (either "bombed" or just mixed).
You should come down here. There are people who do "Jager Suicides" - Pour the Jaegermeister into a tall glass. Fill a shot glass with the Red Bull. Drop Red Bull into other glass and drink. Basically a reversed Jagerbomb. :p

element

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My favorite mixed drink is definitely a whiskey sour. 2oz of either Jameson or Maker's Mark (depending on my mood) with 1oz fresh lemon juice and 1oz simple syrup, shaken. Absolutely delicious. I'm also a big fan of a vodka tonic every once in a while, and depending on what I've got for mixers, I might mix something else up too. Oh, and when I'm having a party, I'll sometimes break out the Guinness/Jameson/Baileys for an Irish car bomb.

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
My favorite mixed drink is definitely a whiskey sour. 2oz of either Jameson or Maker's Mark (depending on my mood) with 1oz fresh lemon juice and 1oz simple syrup, shaken. Absolutely delicious. I'm also a big fan of a vodka tonic every once in a while, and depending on what I've got for mixers, I might mix something else up too. Oh, and when I'm having a party, I'll sometimes break out the Guinness/Jameson/Baileys for an Irish car bomb.
Damn, you beat me to it on whisk(e)y sours--great drinks. I prefer mine with less simple syrup than that, though.

Also a huge fan of margaritas (when made with good tequila--no point in bothering, otherwise), bourbon and coke (never JD, can't stand the stuff), and the occasional mojito.

Wish I could say I'd gotten into proper martinis, but I only like the vodka kind.

Also, anyone had tequila and grapefruit Izze? That's a lovely tall drink.

Mostly I drink beer, though. Too expensive to keep a well-stocked liquor cabinet, and drinking out costs a bomb.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You might enjoy this site then. Now, I haven't actually tried any of these -- I haven't had a jello shot in probably four years -- but I'm wondering if it might be time for a jello shot party.

The problem with that, though, is it's been my experience that you don't want to serve bright-colored fruity alcoholic drinks at a party you're hosting. It just doesn't end well, in terms of cleanup.

I don't really have any of my own recipes to add to this, but coconut rum and Coke has always been one of my favorites, as have margaritas and mojitos.
Frankly I never really drank. I had some alchol here and there but not nearly enough to affect me. At most I had a strawberry daiquiri in one sitting and that's it. Even that tasted a bit bad I guess since the rum wasn't really sweet enough for my own personal taste.

Anyways I am mainly attracted to drinking just for the art/science of mixing. If I was at all social I should become a bartender.

Triscuit

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
mmmm

i'm a vodka fanatic, but my favorite after-dinner drinks are Disaronno and Ginger Ale or a Nutty Irishman (Bailey's, Frangelico, and if desired, half and half).

Flanders

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I myself normally drink beer, but I do drink Screwdrivers every now and then. Jack and Coke is growing on me but It cant be more than a shot or two of Jack with the coke.

~Ned~

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
my faves are:
1. Duck Fart -Kahlua,Bailey's, Crown Royal
2. Melon Ball- Midori, vodka, pineapple juice
3. Area 151 - Red Bull, Southern Comfort, peach schnapps, Hpnotiq
and last but not least my most fav......
4. Gargoyle- Absinthe (Pernod 136 proof), Rock Candy Syrup, Sweet and Sour
Lone Wolf, where do you get the Absinthe? Is it still hallucinagenic like it was before WW I when it was outlawed?

I used to make a good martini. I used Tanquare if I could afford it and just a little bit of Martini and Rossi Vermouth. I also liked Black Russians: half vodka and half Kalua. Apricot Sours: apricot brandy and sour mix.

Hans

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Rum w/ Coke
Whiskey w/ Coke
Nutty Irishman
Nuts n' Berries (Chambord and Amaretto, shut up, it's tasty)
Screwdrivers (variation: OJ, Vodka, Mt. Dew Code Red)
Vodka w/ Limeade
White Russian

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Lone Wolf, where do you get the Absinthe? Is it still hallucinagenic like it was before WW I when it was outlawed?

I used to make a good martini. I used Tanquare if I could afford it and just a little bit of Martini and Rossi Vermouth. I also liked Black Russians: half vodka and half Kalua. Apricot Sours: apricot brandy and sour mix.
I had a friend who bought Absinthe, sans wormwood, in the Virginia. He bought his own wormwood and mixed the two, for an (apparently) hallucinogenic concoction. Dunno if this is either legal or safe, but it doesn't seem to have hurt him.

D

daria7483

Dogboy, absinthe is now legal in Virginia. You should be able to find it at your friendly neighborhood ABC. Frankly, I don't quite understand the excitement but to each to his own.

kapi

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
White Russian or Whisky Cola mostly.

Jägermeister with Coke works as well.
Regarding Cocktails I like rather fresh stuff without cream, like Caipirinha.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I mostly go for vodka mixed with anything, since I'm that cheap. Other than that I enjoy:

Jack and Coke. Lots of Jack.
Rum and Coke (especially Captain Morgan's Spiced Gold with a lime twist).
White or Black Russians
Vampire Coffee (which I only had once and haven't found again. Guess it was a bar special).

I always want a shot when I drink as well. I'm currently hooked on Flatline Shooters (1 part tequila, 1 part sambuca and 5-10 drops of tabasco).

Status
Not open for further replies.