baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
more than likely the power supply. If it's a CRT based projection screen, it could also be an issue with one of the flyback transformers...

Got a model #? I could dig around for a manual, see if I can find one.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Hrm, I couldn't find any manuals for free, but it does sound like the power supply from reading some posts from other people...you could probably remove the power supply or entire circuitry (they are usually removable so you don't have to bring the whole thing in) and take it to a repair shop. My uncle's projection TV developed a similar problem and was about $130 to recap the power supply.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Ok, thanks for the help. I turned up the same thing.

Something relay strange happen the other day when I tried to make it come on. I pushed the power button and the sound came on, but then the pic. actually showed for a few min, then it shut back off

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Im just gonna call Sears and have them come out and fix it

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Sears? I didn't know they do repairs like that. I would call a local shop, as they tend to know what they're doing more...

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Sears? I didn't know they do repairs like that. I would call a local shop, as they tend to know what they're doing more...
They do indeed do repairs like this, but my grandmother had a lot of problems with them so i found a local tv repair shop.

It $110 for them to come pick it up (also covers return)+ how ever much the part cost.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Interesting....how did the picture look when it worked for that short time?

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
it work like it would if it would stay on, it said video 1 in the right hand corner and was a black screen

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
I see, just wondering if you had a video signal going through it...would be interesting to see what of kind picture quality it had, but it sounds new so I imagine the picture tubes are still in good shape...

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
i hope the repair shop I talk to said it should cost no more than $200

Status
Not open for further replies.