Mind officially blown (Bambinos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Sorry, I'm sure this is a repeat post from someone.

As someone who only ever worn Attends and Depends (and some Molicare smalls that were too small, but I don't count that experience) putting on a Bambino Teddy for the first time was a mind-blowing experience. They are so thick and they have so much padding. Seeing pictures of them does not do them justice. I would post a side-by-side comparison, but I plan to never ever buy another pack of Depend fitted briefs after discovering the unbelievable awesomeness of Bambinos.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
Sorry, I'm sure this is a repeat post from someone.

As someone who only ever worn Attends and Depends (and some Molicare smalls that were too small, but I don't count that experience) putting on a Bambino Teddy for the first time was a mind-blowing experience. They are so thick and they have so much padding. Seeing pictures of them does not do them justice. I would post a side-by-side comparison, but I plan to never ever buy another pack of Depend fitted briefs after discovering the unbelievable awesomeness of Bambinos.

You can always rely on Bambino's for some true AB/DL diapers. Very good absorbent diapers. Special customized for that babyish feelings (Adult or babyfurs :p) I have not purchased but heard so many good things about them like their true AB/DL diapers are the Bianco's or the highly absorbent Bellissimo's. I'm glad your getting rid of the cup sized depends because the way those things look, probably not that much of a challenge that we possess towards them.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
If you find yourself ever in a situation where you can't buy Bambinos. Tena Super Fitted Briefs can handle alot of pee and are green-ish in color if that's your forte.

SleepyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Oh I know what you mean...went from depends to bellissimos.
If you think the teddies are thick...try these >.<

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I had the same reaction the first time that I tried an adult diaper that I bought online. Only thing I'd ever had before was Goodnites and Depends. Glad to see that you got some good ones. Yeah the Teddy Bambinos are amazing. I really need to order some more sometime.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
A head's up that the larges are huge. I didn't buy the mediums because it's important for me that my diapers cover my belly button and the general consensus was that mediums wouldn't do the trick. They do it and then some. Subtlty is not the name of the game with these diapers. And I don't mind.

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
just try a dry247, they are even more insane, imagine that... Its like wearing a pillow between your legs. Teddies are my favorite though, they feel more comfortable i think, I haven't tried them side by side though. They both have advantages none the less.

mattyd

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Welcome to the real world. I think a lot of folks have had the same kind of experience. Going from wearing Depends and store brand diapers and then finally making the transition to ordering real diapers online. There are so many diapers out there that have much better absorption and thickness. I wish the bambino diapers fit better, but as with most diaper makers, they assume everyone has skinny calves. Once you go to real diapers, you really can't ever go back to that old world. Then you probably will at some point start experimenting with boosters to have your diapers last even longer.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
... I wish the bambino diapers fit better, but as with most diaper makers, they assume everyone has skinny calves...

Have you tried Bambinos in a large? I'm a marathoner, so of course I have huge thighs. Now, they're much longer and cut much higher, so if you're cool with your diaper going past your belly button (as I have stated multiple times that I most certainly am) then just go up a size and make sure you get a snug fit.

AuraBlaze

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
It's threads like this that make me wish I had a bigger bottom. Bambinos are too big for me. I'd be swimming in them.

mattyd

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If they fit like Abena L4s or the large Absorbency Plus, then they would be way too big. I wear diapers to work often, so a shorter diaper is much easier to deal with. That's one of the things I really like about the northshore ones, they really hide well under my pants waist. Superio I have to wear a large in, but they aren't so big that you swim in them.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If you think the Bambino Teddies are good, wait till you get your hands on something like Dry 24/7, Nothshore Premium, Wellness Superio, and many others.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
If they fit like Abena L4s or the large Absorbency Plus, then they would be way too big. I wear diapers to work often, so a shorter diaper is much easier to deal with. That's one of the things I really like about the northshore ones, they really hide well under my pants waist. Superio I have to wear a large in, but they aren't so big that you swim in them.

I bought a sample of Abena L4s from Bambino at the same time that I bought the pack of Teddies and the Bambinos are only slightly shorter. Sorry, it looks like Bambinos aren't going to be a good daily use diaper for you. Now, if you're ok with lounging about the house in something big, that's another story. I got them pulled up to a nice snug fit and had the top tapes about 1.5" apart, which if I lost an inch or two on my waist would leave them touching.

I never wear to work or on any outings save long road trips, so I'm none too worried about discretion.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This thread makes me want to try dry 24/7, haven't had a chance yet.

But yes, the really thick diapers are pretty great. I think they're less than ideal if you want to go out or exercise while still having a diaper on, but for bedtime and lounging around, you can't beat'em.

I've also tried a doubled bambino (two biancos) and goodness that is heavenly thick. Basically impossible to make it leak, too.

KuroCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I guess I'm very used to Bellissimos, because I don't find them to be very thick. Yeah, they're thicker than most, but they aren't "can't close my legs" thick and they don't make you waddle. They're my favorites by far, however.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I got a sampler of Bellissimos and to be honest, I found them excessive. Don't get me wrong, there're great, but I doubt I'll find myself in too many situations where I'll actually use them to capacity since I wear for only a few hours at a time here and there...

Next week, though, I plan on getting some good use out of them; I'm having a minor surgery that will have me out of work for a week. I bought some footed pajamas, told my wife, and I'm going to scratch the surface of beimg diapered 24/7, if she tolerates it.

Dan09

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The only unfortunate side about trying something like bambinos?

Everything else seems awful now after you've tried them. o_O

I honestly can't wear something like depends anymore after having had teddies as my go-to diaper for so long. Which is in a few ways, a bit annoying. XD

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
The only unfortunate side about trying something like bambinos?

Everything else seems awful now after you've tried them. o_O

I honestly can't wear something like depends anymore after having had teddies as my go-to diaper for so long. Which is in a few ways, a bit annoying. XD

I haven't had that problem. I consider Bambinos to be at the top of my diaper heap but I still like to keep a variety around and each is good for their particular job. Bambinos are the best to me overall but not necessarily the best in all situations.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well, I have noticed that after wearing a lot of bambinos, it's possible to occasionally "forget" that you're diapered while doing other things, at least until you crinkle or shift and feel it in a new spot. Even something that thick can start to feel normal.

I do agree with Trevor, though, that having other diapers for other purposes is still good. Bambinos are a stay inside nighttime diaper. They're not as good as other diapers for secrecy, exercise, or going out and about, though you still can.

Status
Not open for further replies.