Milk and betwetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prussic_aux

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've read on here and a few other places that milk makes you wet the bed.

Has this happened to anyone on here?

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Once and have tried it several times in the past, I would call it a "coincidence". I can't tell if it's true or not.

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I've heard that before, I was never able to find any truth to it though. When I was a bedwetter I tried not drinking milk before bed, but it didn't help. Didn't seem to matter what I drank before I'd go to bed, milk, water, or even nothing at all, I still wet the bed.

Now that I no longer wet the bed I often drink milk before bed and it doesn't seem to make any difference at all.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
...Seriously >_> Use common sense It will not effect you it is just like drinking water before bed. Same chance as that.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
...Seriously >_> Use common sense It will not effect you it is just like drinking water before bed. Same chance as that.

Hey...there are stranger things out there. I think it's a valid question.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I know of no scientific evidence one way or the other. However, I was expected to drink milk every morning and evening before I went to bed, for the calcium, until I was about 8, and I have never ever wet the bed. Only an anecdote, but if we get enough it is possible we could spot if there was a trend.

ShyBaby

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Well, it sounds like wishful thinking (for some, at least,) but no reason why we couldn't try it in the name of science. The good folk of Adisc are better prepared than most to try such things.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm a heavy milk drinker, but never experienced bed wetting from it. It may have only been coincidental.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I drank a lot of milk before but its never caused me to wet the bed. I also do drink more of it that the average person, and it has nothing to do with being a AB or anything like that. It's just a lot better then most sodas.

Rational

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hmm i tryed this a little while back. Fantasticly nothing!

tdlrfootedpjs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I heard that warm milk makes you wet the bed, but i wet almost every night anyways. So I have never got to try it out.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
i think this "myth" was started because warm milk before bed makes ya sleep better...deeper sleep = less likely to wake up if ya gotta pee

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby

What if there were certain enzymes in different drinks may cause different problems.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
last night I had a Chai Tea Latte which was like 60% milk and 40% Chai tea.

It was very hot/warm but I didn't bed wet. Also I doubt the temperature of the milk has any effect on the milk itself other then it being cold or hot.

Also cold milk is much better I think.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I heard something like this before, but it probably just a myth.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I never heard of that, but it's probably not true. If your a bedwetter, it really doesn't matter what you drink, if your going to wet the bed, you'll just do it, even if you don't drink anything before bed.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Man. That doesn't even make sense. At least, it won't make you if you don't already wet the bed. Use your head, people. :dodgy:

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
DLGrif - they want to sell product. There are some scientists who with enough money will look at the evidence and make it fit something. I am not saying that milk doesn't have an effect, but I would expect the goodnites website perhaps to over emphasis such things to get more sales. Not it is goodnites' allergist and pediatrician, NOT an independent person.

Status
Not open for further replies.