Michelle

Orange

Contributor
Role
Private
Mini-update:

Capitulum novum:

Michelle sat slouched in the back of Cerise’s old Lincoln with her phone resting on her diaper reading webcomics as the car wound through the snowy streets. There was no one in the front seat; Cerise had insisted on Michelle sitting in the back for safety reasons. This annoyed Michelle, it had been quite a while since her parents had stopped relegating her to the back seat for the same reason, but the terms of the bargain she made were quite clear and she took the seat without complaining. She was slouched low as the seatbelt would allow. Despite the inherent darkness of a winter evening and the presence of her parka, she was apprehensive about been seen dressed as she was. Being spotted by any random passerby would be bad enough, let alone being recognized by someone who went to her church or school. She recognized that the chances of such an encounter were slim, but she considered the consequences to be grave enough to warrant maximizing every resource at her disposal.

It didn’t take long for her to realize she should have used the bathroom when Cerise had offered. The car’s suspension had not aged gracefully and every bump in the road seemed to goad Michelle’s bladder a little more. The longer she was in the car, the more she realized that this wasn’t something she could wait until they got home to take care of, which presented Michelle with a devilish dilemma:

She could either A) Go in to the store with Cerise and risk being seen traipsing around the place in footie pajamas and a painfully obvious diaper, but get to a toilet and do her business or B) wet her diaper in the car and deal with the consequences of that, whatever they may be. As much as an anathema as going in to the store dressed as she was would be, she also didn’t want to disappoint Cerise.

Michelle contemplated the seemingly impossible decision lying ahead-- the choice between letting her secret out and being seen by any number of complete strangers dressed in her remarkably immature sleepwear, or acting exceptionally immature and justifying how Cerise had been treating her. Michelle understood that Cerise wasn’t trying to be mean to her, and as angry as she got with her circumstances she recognized in her heart that she couldn’t blame her babysitter. Mrs. Roundtree had simply taken what Laura had told her and the evidence around the house and extrapolated from there, using her experience as a babysitter as a guide. Michelle wanted to prove to her that she was more mature than Mrs. Rountree’s initial impression, that the diapers and the pacifier were all some big mistake.

She traced the outline that the diaper created on her pajamas between her waist and thigh thoughtfully as the consequences of going inside the store barged into the forefront of her mind. Seated, even in her extreme slouch, the diaper created a large, unmissable bump around her waist and between her legs, causing her to sit with her legs splayed apart somewhat. She was able to touch her knees together, but only with conscious effort and even the just barely. She knew from experience that the situation wouldn’t get any better when she stood up, that as obvious the diaper was from the front, it was even more so from behind. Her pjs tried admirably to disguise all the extra padding on her butt and the lines of the diaper, but there is only so much an article of clothing can do in that regard. She considered the best way to make it to bathroom, once they made it to whatever store they were going to. Hopefully the bathroom would be in front, but even if it was, Michelle realized that Cerise would have to accompany her into the bathroom to help her get her pjs off. She visualized the very awkward situation waiting for her when the bathroom, likely to be a multi-stall affair, already had people in it. Having an audience while Cerise handled the zipper would be mortifying. However, a one-person bathroom presented its own challenges: to avoid the prior problem, Cerise would have to come into the bathroom with her. That, combined with her obviously diapered state, would give the entire store the impression Cerise was simply changing her diaper for her. Michelle nibbled at her thumb nail in apprehension, even without those problems, she had never tried refastening these diapers before and couldn’t be sure that the tapes would hold up being used a second time. She was sure Mrs. Roundtree wouldn’t allow her to go without protection, even if it was just for the ride back, so Michelle would either be stuck in a stall while Mrs. Roundtree purchased new diapers for her or, even worse, she’d ask an employee if they could retrieve a package of diapers for her to use since it was an “emergency,” and promise that she would pay after Michelle had put it on. It would be obvious to everybody whom the diaper was for once she left the bathroom and she was sure that exactly nobody would attribute the emergency change to faulty tapes.

Still, as doubt and trepidation whirled around in Michelle’s mind, a significant part of her was willing to accept the challenge. Since Cerise arrived, she hadn’t made it to bathroom once, and was determined to show her that she could, determined to show Cerise that she was big girl. A big girl who maybe sometimes needed pull-ups at night, but a big girl nonetheless.

Michelle was squirming in her seat as the old Lincoln trundled over a snow-covered curb, almost causing her to go right then, and into a strip mall parking lot, finding a parking space between a GNC and a Pizza Hut.

Michelle scanned her surroundings, diaper crinkling noisily as she pivoted in the car seat. It took her a minute, but she recognized the strip mall as the one that contained the A&SC Company store. The lot was roughly half-full and she didn’t see anyone outside. This is it, she thought, be brave.

“We’re here,” Cerise announced as she engaged the parking brake. “I’m leaving the keys in it, so please stay in the car until I get back unless it’s an emergency.” She cracked the car door open and stepped out onto the snow-dusted concrete.

“Hey Mrs. Roundtree…?” Michelle asked sheepishly.

Cerise paused halfway out of the car and turned to Michelle, “Yes dear?”

Michelle marshaled all the bravery she could find, pushed her nervousness to the back of her mind and summoned the strength she needed to go in and face whatever fate had for her. Her hand moved to the seat-belt release but she hesitated.

“Michelle?” Cerise prompted.

Just then, a maroon minivan pulled in to the parking spot adjacent Michelle’s door. She caught a glimpse of a collection of boys close to her age but tore her gaze away, not wanting to make eye contact.

“...” Come on Michelle, get out of the car, she thought, who cares what those boys think?

Michelle heard the minivan doors sliding open, followed by the tromp of shoes on pavement and boisterous conversation. Cerise gave her charge an impatient look.

“Oh, uh… nevermind.”

“Are you sure?” Cerise raised an eyebrow, “Do you need me to get you something else?”

Michelle responded quickly, “No, it’s fine, I can stay here.”

“Okay,” Cerise replied, a little skeptically, “I’ll be back soon.” She shut the door behind her.

Michelle glanced back out of her window. She watched as the group from minivan, revealed as two boys and two girls, all roughly Michelle’s age, and an older woman, likely the mother of one of the kids, filed through the glass doors into Pizza Hut.

They’re inside, now’s your chance, she told herself, you can still make it if you run inside and find Mrs. Roundtree.

Michelle’s hand returned to the seat-belt release button.

She can’t get mad if I go in, this is probably exactly what she meant when she mentioned emergencies.

She visualized charging through the doors, spotting Mrs. Roundtree and informing her of the situation.

Come on Michelle. Get up get up get up!

Fighting back the urge to pee was getting harder. She bit her thumb in concentration, willing herself to get up and go into the store. She took off the seatbelt, checked the on the group inside the Pizza Hut through the glass storefront but she couldn’t will herself into opening the door. She tried for another minute before giving up and sliding back down into the seat. She settled on waiting until Mrs. Roundtree returned, at which point she’d notify her of the problem and could bring Michelle inside to take care of it, and focused on holding it until that happened. She reasoned that with enough effort she could make it ten, maybe even twenty minutes before she had an accident.

Only a couple minutes had passed when Michelle noticed the strain on her bladder start to dissipate and her diaper start to grow warm as it swelled up underneath her. Her relief was tempered by the disappointment of wetting yet another diaper, this time while fully awake. She tried to rationalize it, tell herself it was a fluke, bad luck, and that she would have made it had the van not arrived when it did, but she couldn’t shake how infantile she felt sitting in a wet diaper and Hello Kitty sleeper in the back of a car, waiting for her sitter to return from inside the store.

Michelle sniffled a little but stopped short of crying. Crying wasn’t something a big girl would do and she more determined than ever to realize that ideal.

Cerise didn’t take long inside the store and emerged toting a brown paper bag that she deposited on the passenger seat.

“I think you’ll like these new night diapers a lot better than the ones you have on,” she declared, “a young lady who worked there helped me pick them out after I told her a little bit about you. The store just started getting them in last week.”

Michelle winced when she heard that Mrs. Roundtree had told one of the employees about her. That fact alone almost made her glad she had stayed in the car. Almost. She thanked the older woman regardless and craned her neck to get a look at these new diapers she was talking about.

From her vantage point in the back seat, Michelle could only make out the top-most item in the bag but what she saw made her feel better. It was a package of diapers, twenty-four of them to be exact. Now earlier in the week, or even earlier in the day, Michelle would have detested seeing a package of diapers so clearly meant for her, but spending the last few hours in her quote “night time diapers” had changed her perspective.

From the markings on the package, she could tell these weren’t the super thick and crinkly “Maximum Absorbency” style of diapers she was wearing currently. Instead, they seemed to be made specifically for teens and featured phrases like “Discreet plastic backing” and “Accurate, comfortable fit” alongside such phrases as “Leak-proof” and “Day or night protection.” Importantly, they didn’t look nearly as wide or hefty as the ones she had on either. Michelle could make out another package in the bag as well, and though it was largely occluded by the first, Michelle inferred it was a jumbo pack of Goodnites by the purple colour scheme and cardboard construction.

Though it was clear that Mrs. Roundtree was still stuck on the idea of pull-ups during the day and real, tape-closing diapers at night, Michelle was glad that her time in the bulky, noisy “night time diapers” was about to come to an end. She’d still have to wear these new teen diapers tonight of course, but they were better than the alternative and tomorrow, with Mrs. Roundtree gone, she could go back to wearing Goodnites at night and only at night.

However, the good news presented Michelle with a bit of a dilemma. Should she admit her accident to Mrs. Roundtree in hopes of being allowed to wear a Goodnite until bedtime rolled around or stay in her current diaper until it’s time to get her new night diapers on, hopefully concealing the accident from Mrs. Roundtree in the process.

She shifted her weight around, trying to get a feel for just how likely a leak would be if she stayed in her diaper for the next couple hours, eliciting a cacophony of plastic rustling in the process. From that and her memory of how thick the diaper could get from when she poured water into at Aunt Meredith’s, she concluded that not only was a leak extremely unlikely, but that the diaper could even hold another wetting without making one any more likely.

As the pair drove back home the snow that had been falling all day started to get heavier and the wind picked up to match. Michelle was still turning over the dilemma in her mind when the Lincoln pulled into the garage and the garage door shut behind it, but not before a snowy flurry found its way into the garage and scattered her mother’s plastic planters across the floor.

Michelle hopped out of the car and took a moment to adjust to walking around in her diaper, which had gained a significant degree of thickness and weight since the last time she stood. She worried that her babysitter would notice the change, but Mrs. Roundtree didn’t seem to catch on, even as Michelle offered to take the bag inside for her.

“Thank you dear,” Cerise replied, “but I bought you a little surprise for tomorrow since I’m not sure when I’ll see you next. I wouldn’t want you catch a glimpse by accident and spoil the surprise.”

The concept of a surprise piqued Michelle’s interest. She scanned the paper bag intently for some sort of clue, but ended up with nothing more to go on that she already had by the time Cerise had brought the bag inside and stowed it in the guest bedroom.

Knowing any further sleuthing to be fruitless, Michelle resumed mulling over the diapers vs pull-ups debate, leaning towards the one that kept her prior accident under wraps. It was a testament to the absorbency of her diaper that, aside from the added weight and width that she was rapidly getting used to, she didn’t feel wet in the least. She laid down on the couch, turned on the TV and snuggled up in a blanket while Mrs. Roundtree returned to the garage to pick up after the winter wind.

Michelle was fully engrossed in America’s Funniest Home Videos when Cerise returned to the family room, barely registering the fact she was there until Cerise spoke.

“Okay hun, it’s time for a diaper check,” she announced, “Lay on your tummy for me please.”

Michelle’s heart sank and face flushed red. A diaper check? What?

Michelle couldn’t even remember the last time she’d had an actual diaper check. Discounting her parents asking her whether she was dry every morning, she certainly hadn’t had one in the past five years and she doubted they had ever occurred in the last ten. Even worse, she couldn’t imagine what Cerise would think when she discovered she was wet.

Not wet like you’ve been twice today, after waking up,
a tiny voice in Michelle’s mind reminded her, but wet after spending the entire time awake.

Michelle found her voice again as Cerise approached the couch, she had to try something.

“But why?” She asked, tone coming across with a bit more attitude than she would have liked, “I’ve never had diaper checks before.”

“Well honey it’s been over three hours since your last change,” Cerise reasoned, “and you haven’t gone potty once in that time.”

Michelle wanted to take issue with her usage of the word “potty,” and would have if there weren’t bigger problems to deal with at current. Cerise seemed to notice this.

“I’m sorry, gone to the bathroom in that time,” she corrected. “If you’re dry, it’ll only take a moment and then you can get back to watching TV and I won’t bother you any more.”

Michelle grumbled, clearly frustrated, but Cerise muted the TV and stood patiently between Michelle and the TV screen, making it clear that she wasn’t going to go away until she was done with the check. Michelle tried to wait it out for a minute longer anyway, but she couldn’t see another way out and at this point she was just postponing the inevitable.

She rolled over on to her stomach in surrender, feeling a tug at the back of her neck as Cerise undid the tab and pulled the zipper down her back. When it reached it’s nadir, Cerise let out a barely audible gasp.

“Michelle!” she said, making eye contact with her charge, “why didn’t you tell me you were this wet?”

Michelle’s frustration, obstinance and annoyance quickly sublimated into regret. Her eyes welled up and lip quivered in response before burying her head in the pillow.

“I’m sorry,” she said, voice trembling.

Cerise didn’t reply for a long while, Michelle’s sniffling punctuating the sound of the howling winter wind outside. She rubbed Michelle’s shoulder gently.

“No, I’m sorry,” she confessed, “I shouldn’t have snapped at you like that.”

Michelle lifted her head from the pillow and looked up at the older woman gingerly.

Cerise continued, “It’s not your fault you didn’t know. I know you wouldn’t willingly be walking around in a wet diaper for this long and you would have told me if you knew.”

Michelle was momentarily confused, but figured out what Cerise meant in short order. She wasn’t sure if it would be a good idea to correct the record. She was sure this way didn’t lead to her getting in trouble, and wasn’t so sure if the other way would pan out similarly, especially if it somehow came out that she was planning on disposing of the evidence without telling Mrs. Roundtree.

“I know it’s probably a little embarrassing for you, but this is why we do diaper checks,” she said. She sat with Michelle for several minutes, gently rubbing her shoulder as Michelle collected her emotions. Finally, she stood up.

“I think it’s time to get you into a nice fresh diaper. How’s that sound?”

Michelle nodded and followed Cerise up to the bathroom. Michelle was surprised when the diaper Mrs. Roundtree handed her was another of the super-heavy-duty ones had been wearing all evening.

“I have to run downstairs for a minute, but I’ll right outside the door to zip you back up when I’m done,” she said as she exited the bathroom, starting to close the door behind when she heard Michelle ask a question.

“Uh… Mrs. Roundtree,” she said, clearly feeling a little awkward about the ordeal, “Since it’s only 7:00, would it be okay if I didn’t put on my night time diapers until I have to get ready for bed?”

Cerise seemed to consider it for a moment. “I think it would make more sense to put them on now. It would be a waste if you didn’t end up using it. It’s not that you’re worried about running out of night diapers, are you?” She asked, “We have that whole other package I just picked up to go through yet.”

“I guess that makes sense,” Michelle couldn’t argue with her reasoning. She only half-expected to be allowed to wear a Goodnite so late in the night anyway, so she tried a different tactic. “Can I wear my new night time diapers then at least?” She tried to sound as sweet as possible.

Cerise chuckled, “I know you’re excited to try them on, but why don’t we finish up this package first instead of tearing into a new one, you’ll have plenty of time to wear them tomorrow night.”

“Please?” Michelle pleaded, “Pretty pretty please with sugar on top?”

Cerise smiled but shook her head, “That was awful cute, but I don’t think so. You’ll be okay without them for one night.” She started to close the door once more, but paused. “I’ll tell you what, if you’re that excited to try them out, I’ll give you a pair tomorrow morning and you can wear them during the day. Just don’t tell your Mom that I did.” She winked conspiratorially and closed the door behind her.

Michelle pouted. The last thing she wanted to do was wear night time diapers during the day more than she already had this weekend. She stared at the puffy white plastic item on the counter for several minutes, almost like if she stared at it long enough it would get the hint and go away, but it stayed on the counter and didn’t respond.

Oh fine! She thought, let’s get it over with.

She extracted her arms from her pajamas and tore the side of the diaper, lifting it off herself and pensively tossing it into the trash. She freshened up a little, keeping her feet in the sleeper’s booties so she wouldn’t have to try negotiating the bulk of the new diaper while balancing on one leg to get dressed. She opened the diaper sourly and laid it on the toilet seat before sitting on it and taping it up around her.

Despite her distaste for wearing diapers in general and wearing these diapers specifically, she had to admit that it felt really nice to change into a fresh one, especially after sitting in a wet one for as long as she had. She traced shapes in the air with her legs for a minute, savoring the feeling before she realized what she was doing, blushed even though nobody was watching and hastily started getting her pjs back on.

She got dressed as much as she could manage on her own besides pulling up the zipper, figuring she could save a little time if she just let Mrs. Roundtree take care of that. She exited the bathroom to find the older woman waiting for her. Michelle saw she had something in her hand.

Why does she have my pacifier? Michelle wondered. As the thought entered her mind, she corrected herself. No, it’s not my pacifier. Girls my age don’t have pacifiers. It’s Jazmyne’s pacifier that somehow got mixed into her luggage. She made a note to send it back to Jazmyne once her parents got home.

Cerise approached her in the midst of Michelle’s internal dialogue, clipping it to the front of pajamas next to Hello Kitty’s bow and letting it fall, bouncing lightly on the baby blue fleece. The act brought abruptly Michelle back to reality.

“But it’s not bedtime yet!” She blurted without thinking.

“No, it’s not.” Cerise explained, wearing a wry smile, “I suppose you thought I didn’t notice all that time you spent with your thumb in the mouth since you were in the backseat, huh?”

When Michelle remembered the incident, she mentally facepalmed, letting out a barely audible “oh.”

“But I wasn’t--”

“You don’t need to explain yourself to me,” Cerise cut her off in her warm but authoritative babysitter voice, “but now that you have your paci, you won’t need to suck your thumb anymore, ok?”

Michelle looked down past the pacifier and fleece Hello Kitty on her chest at her feet, feeling every bit as much the guilty child getting scolded as she looked. She briefly considering making the distinction between biting her thumb and sucking on it, but it was already quite obvious that line of argument wouldn’t get her anywhere.

Cerise modulated her voice back to where it was before Michelle started to argue, sounding pleasant and warm, even motherly.

“Now turn around for me honey so we can finish getting you dressed.”

Michelle did as she was told, pouting somewhat as the tab closed over the zipper. She unconsciously began moving her thumb to her mouth but caught herself before Mrs. Roundtree noticed.

“I’m going downstairs to read,” Cerise proclaimed, giving Michelle’s diaper a playful pat as she did so, “Let me know if you need anything.”

As she descended the stairs, Cerise said aloud to no one in particular, “Weather’s getting nasty out there, hopefully the young lady taking over for me can get here alright tomorrow morning.”

In all the hullabaloo, she had completely forgotten that Rachel was set to take over Mrs. Roundtree on Sunday. She studied herself in the long hall mirror. From Hello Kitty footie jammies and pacifier clipped on to them to the large, noisy diaper that was self-evidently around her waist, the thought of her friend seeing her as she was, especially after so long, rattled Michelle. Unfortunately, there didn’t seem to be much she could do about it. The pacifier she could probably take off before Rachel arrived, but she didn’t see a way that she could get her pjs, and more importantly, the diaper off on her own.

She trudged to her room, deep in thought, and sat crosslegged in front of her TV. After turning on the Gamecube she took a can of Cherry Coke from her secret stash under the bed. Perhaps some video games would take her mind off things for a while.

She sipped the Coke and watched the intro cinematic, then looked back at the can of Coke. Maybe she had an idea after all.

Tina

Contributor
Role
Sissy, Little, Incontinent
I like this story very much. Nice style and not too hard to read for a german reader. I know a 6year old diaper girl with the name Michelle and I'm curious about how similar the girls are when my real Michelle gets older.

Greatings from the other side of our planet. :)

nray999

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's great to see another installment. I definitely see where you are going with authoritative versus authoritarian, and Cerise definitely gets Michelle to do her bidding without the angry reaction. The last scene with Coke can leaves me wondering how much, or how little Michelle has learned since her earlier clever plans had success rate on par with Wile E Coyote.
As an aside, since it was never mentioned in the text, how old is Jazmyne? Based on the remark that she was almost too old for diapers and footies I was thinking kindergarten or early grade school. Anyway please keep up the pace, I'm eager to see both the "clever plan" and the surprise.

Orange

Contributor
Role
Private
Wow!!!!!!!!! this keeps on getting better!
I appreciate the props! =] Thanks for keeping up with the story man, you're almost always the first one to comment. :D

I like this story very much. Nice style and not too hard to read for a german reader. I know a 6year old diaper girl with the name Michelle and I'm curious about how similar the girls are when my real Michelle gets older.

Greatings from the other side of our planet. :)
Thanks for reading. I've tried to rein in my normally rather baroque style of writing for more economical prose. I feel like it still comes across in the occasionally overcomplicated sentence structure, but it allows me to push out chapters faster and makes the story less work to read. I'd never considered it's implications regarding someone for whom English isn't their mother tongue, but I'm glad it's not too much of a slog! =] Thanks for reading!

It's great to see another installment. I definitely see where you are going with authoritative versus authoritarian, and Cerise definitely gets Michelle to do her bidding without the angry reaction. The last scene with Coke can leaves me wondering how much, or how little Michelle has learned since her earlier clever plans had success rate on par with Wile E Coyote.
You'll just have to wait and see. ;) There's a little twist coming up soon.

As an aside, since it was never mentioned in the text, how old is Jazmyne? Based on the remark that she was almost too old for diapers and footies I was thinking kindergarten or early grade school. Anyway please keep up the pace, I'm eager to see both the "clever plan" and the surprise.
Six or seven, I don't remember exactly. Thanks for keeping up with story btw! :cheers:

PuppyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Oh great!, Michelle has a plan. Cause those always work out so well. ;)

Thank you for sharing.

babycakes

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
A great update and another cliffhanger! I swear this is my favorite story in this genre. You have an amazing ability to keep the tension around even in otherwise lite moments. The last scene intrigues me and I can imagine several scenarios. I can't wait to see what unfolds. Thanks again for all your work.

Orange

Contributor
Role
Private
Ruff draft:

---

"I think you've had enough video games for one night sweetie."

Hearing Cerise's voice broke Michelle's concentration on the game in front of her. She paused it and turned around, belatedly remembering to remove the pacifier from her mouth in the process. Cerise was leaning against the doorframe-- Michelle wondered how long she'd been standing there.

Seeing that she now had her charge's full attention, Cerise continued, "And anyway, it's about time for you to brush your teeth and finish up getting ready for bed."

Michelle glanced at her bedside clock. It read 8:52, not quite nine, when she normally had to start getting ready, but not early enough to make an issue of either. She made a face but muttered her agreement.

Cerise smiled, "that's a good girl. Now let's get your diaper checked so you can go brush your teeth."

Michelle looked up at her sitter, confusion plastered across her face. Another diaper check?

"Also, you can shut off the TV since you won't be using it. There's no need to waste electricity by leaving it on until bedtime."

Michelle stood up to go shut off the TV, immediately feeling the full weight of the wet diaper sagging between her thighs. As the television blinked off she heard her babysitter cry out.

"That's a wet diaper waddle if I've ever seen one," she said, surprise apparent in her tone, "So how about we skip the diaper check and go straight to getting you a new nighttime diaper?"

Michelle jumped a little when she felt Cerise feel her thigh with the back of her hand. "Looks like you had a little leak too," she sighed, "I'll have to go get your other jammies out of the dryer." Michelle winced at the disappointment she heard in the older woman's voice. She'd only meant to wet it enough to be able to wear her new diapers tonight, not soak it to the point of leaking. She'd only used it twice, how was it possible that it was already leaking?

Michelle wracked her brain for an answer as Cerise guided her to the bathroom but could only remember those two times, and she neither of them felt substantial enough to cause a leak in diaper this thick. She had a fleeting memory of an amorphous pressure building up in her bladder after those two times, but she held it and it had gone away... she had held it, hadn't she? Try as she might, she couldn't remember.

Cerise detached the pacifier and unzipped Michelle in front of the bathroom door, whistling quietly in amazement when she got the zipper down far enough to see the diaper underneath.

"You might as well brush your teeth while you're in there, I should have everything ready by the time you're done," Cerise said, "just leave your pjs on the floor and I'll take care of them."

"Ok," Michelle replied while closing the door behind her, hoping she didn't come off as churlish as she thought she might have. She pulled off her Hello Kitty sleeper, noticing for the first time where the wet spots clung to her thighs, and tore off her diaper, letting it drop to the floor with a wet plop. She cleaned herself up and brushed her teeth, turning the night’s events over in her mind as she did so. For the first time, she realized that not only had made to the bathroom once since her Mom had left, but she hadn’t even been able to tell Mrs. Roundtree when she was wet. Whether it was leak she had shortly after the sitter had arrived or the incident after returning home, Cerise had always discovered herself. It annoyed Michelle how Cerise’s diaper checks had robbed her of the chance to be responsible and tell the woman whether she was wet on her own, but she could at least take comfort in the fact that, even though things hadn’t exactly gone according to plan, she wasn’t going to have to wear those big, babyish diapers any longer.

She briefly considered what it meant that getting to wear a thinner, more discreet diaper to bed felt like such an accomplishment, but she pushed the thought out of her mind. Better not to dwell on such things, she thought. When she was done brushing her teeth, she raided the linen closet for a new towel to drape around herself (there was no way in hell she was walking back to her room naked) and exited the bathroom.

Upon entering her room, the first thing she noticed was that Cerise had changed her sheets. She had moved to her bed after the additional bulk caused by wetting her diaper made sitting on the floor uncomfortable and the leak must have soaked through the fleece of her pajamas onto the bed. Her multicolour pinstripe sheets and green comforter had been replaced with the only other clean set she had available: the pink Disney Princess bedding set she had retired when she was eleven. The new comforter featured near life-size renditions of Cindarella, Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Belle backed by the dark pink silhouette of the Disney castle and white paisley detailing for contrast. The sheet continued the theme, with nearly the entire coterie of Princesses displayed through a checkerboard of vignettes. Despite how much she felt this added another level of insult to what was already a day full of injury to her sense of maturity, given that all her current sheets were either in the wash or going in soon, there wasn’t much she could do to remedy the situation. She noted with approval that the package containing her new diapers had been set next to her nightstand and turned her attention to the bundles laid neatly on her bed.

One she recognized as her blue sleeper with happy clouds. She rolled her eyes when she remembered her Mom decreed that her collection of normal, front-zipping footie pajamas was off-limits for tonight due to her hiding the accident she’d had the day before. After tonight, she couldn’t imagine she’d wear either this cloud print one or the Hello Kitty one she’d been wearing up until now again any time soon. In fact, she planned on relegating them to the bottom of her pajama drawer first thing after she changed out of them tomorrow morning if she could.

Next to the sleeper was a bundle almost the exact same color pink as her sheets. This, of course, must be one of the diapers she’d been waiting to wear since her and Cerise got back home. As she got closer, she noticed the baby pink in center of the diaper was bracketed by a splash of hot pink on either side and the whole thing was decorated with images of unicorns, tiaras and stars.

Funny, Michelle thought, she hadn’t imagined they would be so girly. She remembered the outside of the package being pretty gender neutral. She glanced back at the package for clues and after staring at it in confusion for several seconds, realized something was amiss-- not only was the package as gender-neutral as she remembered it, it wasn’t even open!

Michelle’s gaze shot back to the mystery diaper on her bed. Closer inspection revealed that it was roughly as thick as the ones she’d been wearing up til now, the ones that her aunt had bought her, but where had it come from? Michelle clearly remembered Cerise coming out the store with just Goodnites and the package of diapers adjacent her nightstand. She couldn’t imagine there was space in the bag for a third package of diapers. Had her aunt bought her a second package she didn’t know about?

Cerise interrupted her train of thought, “Is everything alright?” She was sat in Michelle’s desk chair, having refaced it towards the center of room.

“What’s that?” Michelle asked, voice tense.

Cerise responded with her trademark patience, “What is what, sweetie?”

“That!” Michelle almost yelped the word, pointing at the diaper with one hand and holding up her towel with the other.

“Your new diaper?” Cerise asked.

“No,” Michelle’s voice was firm, “That! On the bed!” She pointed again, harder this time, feeling her point wasn’t coming across.

“Yes, your new diaper,” Cerise repeated, clearly quite confused by the question.

“THAT is my new diaper?” Michelle could scarcely believe it.

“That’s what I said, honey,” Cerise was still very confused, but figured her charge would clear that up soon.

“B-but,” Michelle started, paused, and began anew, “No. You said I’d like the new diapers better than the old ones... that they’re more appropriate for me.”

“I did say that Michelle,” Mrs. Roundtree stated, her even, patient tone contrasting with Michelle’s building emotion, “These are specially designed for girls your age who have trouble staying dry at night. They are made to fit the female body better than unisex briefs and have a just little bit extra padding in all the right areas to stop leaks. Plus they are way cuter than those boring old white ones you’ve been wearing. I think you’ll like them a lot better than your old nighttime diapers once you get a chance to wear them for a bit.”

“But they’re just as thick as the other diapers!” Michelle blurted out.

“Of course they are honey,” Cerise said, “What kind of babysitter would I be if I didn’t know what capacity diapers you need?”

“If I really needed diapers that size, then why did you get me those!?” Michelle thrust out her hand towards the package next to the nightstand, pointing incriminatingly.

Cerise looked at package, then back to Michelle, then back to the package one more time before it dawned on her.

“Oh honey...” she said in that special way women reserve for when someone’s particularly misguided, “You didn’t really think I’d let you wear something like that to bed right after leaking through your previous nighttime diapers in less than three hours, did you?”

Michelle blinked, processing the situation, as Cerise continued. “You need something that can last from when you go to bed to when you wake up and the way you’ve been going those diapers wouldn’t last you more than an hour or two,” she explained, “Daytime diapers are meant to be changed several times throughout the day, but hopefully these new nighttimes diapers will hold until you change out of them in the morning.”

Michelle felt a little like she was slapped in the face, “Daytime diapers!?” She exclaimed. “What happened to my Goodnites!?”

“You ran out, so I picked up these instead,” Cerise answered. Michelle was amazed at her ability to say the sentence as it was the most normal thing in the world. When Cerise registered the amazement on Michelle’s face, she took a conciliatory tone, "I know it's not what you're used to, but you can't expect me to keep letting you wear Goodnites during the day after leaking through them twice in one day."

Michelle wasn't ready to concede, the consternation she had felt about her treatment throughout the day was coming to a head. Her denials got louder with every word and she was nearly shouting at Cerise. "But that's not fair! I was asleep both times!"

Cerise's tone took on a slightly harder edge in response, "That's true. However, you just proved that even when you're awake you can wet enough to leak through your night diapers, which are way more absorbent than your goodnites and even the daytime diapers I bought you. I think it's very reasonable of me to expect you to wear them after everything that's happened today, but I won't force you to wear them if you'd rather be obstinate and raise your voice at me. I'm sure having you wear your night time diapers during the day instead would work just as well-- better even.” She paused to let the point sink in, adding after a moment, “Of course, if you decide that you won’t put those on either, I’ll have to call your parents and get permission to change you myself until Rachel gets here.”

Michelle realized that she was skating on thin ice, so she took a moment to rein in her emotions and steady her tone before replying, but she wasn't going to give up that easily.

"Okay, but can I try wearing Goodnites later on in the day if I don't leak?"

Cerise shrugged, "That will be up to the young lady taking over for me, but I'd advise her against it."

"What if I can stay dry all morning long?"

"Like I said Michelle, it's not up to me."

"But will you tell Rachel it's okay to let me wear Goodnites if I do?"

"Nope," Cerise said matter-of-factly, "there's more to proving you're ready to wear pull-ups during the day than just staying dry for a couple hours. Pull-ups are for children who can usually make it on their own, but every now and then can’t quite make in time and frankly, I don't think you're there yet... you haven’t made it to the potty once since I’ve been here and it’s not like I haven’t been asking you."

Michelle had so many emotions running through her at once she didn’t know what to do herself. Part of her understood Cerise’s reasoning and another part wanted to curse her out because of it. One part swore she’d never, ever wear either the nighttime or daytime diapers and another part wanted to put them on to just get this whole situation over with and still another just wanted to sit there and cry. The emotional conflict within Michelle manifested on her face in a deep pout and far-off stare.

Cerise noticed her pouting and sat down on the bed next to her, placed her hand on Michelle's knee and squeezed it contritely. "I know it's not what you wanted to hear and please understand I'm not doing this to punish you. I know it's not your fault, but think of it like a medical problem: say you were out playing and got a nasty cut. You put a band-aid on it, but the band-aid wasn't enough to stop it from bleeding and falls off. You put another band-aid on and the same thing happens, again and again. Do you keep putting band-aids on, even though they keep falling off and getting blood everywhere or do you wrap your cut in gauze and go see a doctor if it gets too bad?"

"I'd go to an adult for help," Michelle said quietly, understanding the analogy but feeling to bitter to play along.

"Exactly," Cerise said, "And this adult is telling you that more band-aids aren't going to work."

Michelle fell deeper into her pout in response. "They worked just fine before," she said under her breath.

"Well then I think it's about time you went to see a doctor, but we can't keep sticking band-aids on the problem until then."

Michelle’s response was inaudible. The babysitter placed her arm around her charge’s shoulder and squeezed her tightly. Michelle started sniffling. Though Michelle was looking away from Cerise, she knew that her eyes were welling up and she was fighting back a cry. In response, the rubbed Michelle’s shoulder gently, catching the few errant tears falling down Michelle’s cheeks with the back of her hand and whispering words of comfort. They sat there until Michelle had collected herself, which took a while, and then for some time after that.

When Cerise was sure Michelle had cried herself out and was in better spirits, she patted the girl’s back and withdrew her hand. Glancing at her watch, she broke the silence.

“It’s getting close to your bedtime honey,” she said, “are you going to put your diapers on yourself like a good girl or do you need me to do it for you?”

Michelle frowned, but she picked up the diaper that lay next to her on the bed. “I’ll do it,” she replied quietly.

“Good girl,” Cerise stood and ruffled her hair playfully, “There’s one more thing before I leave you to it.”

She arrived at the bag from A&SC Co. and retrieved something from within.

"These came free with the package of diapers," Mrs. Roundtree explained, holding out what looked to be an opaque purple make-up bag, "I wasn't expecting to have to use them, but given what just happened, it’s rather serendipitous that they were included. I think it would be best that you wear them tonight.”

Michelle screwed up her eyes at the object in Mrs. Roundtree’s hands, trying to figure out what it was.

“Have you ever worn plastic pants before?” Cerise inquired.
Michelle shook her head. She’d heard various parents throughout the years mention them in passing, but never gave much thought to what they were talking about. She could infer they were supposed to help stop leaks, but wasn’t too clear on the rest, aside from the fact that babies often wore them. The sight of them stirred up the part of her that wanted to tell Mrs. Roundtree off, throw the disgustingly pink diaper at the wall and refuse to wear it or any other diapers Mrs. Roundtree could find, but her rational mind tamped the feeling back down. She knew it would only lead to Mrs. Roundtree taking matters into her own hands and diapering Michelle herself. If that happened, she wasn’t sure if she’d be allowed to put on her own diapers again until the babysitter left.

“In that case, why don’t tell me when you’ve finished putting your diaper on and I’ll come back in and help you with it.”

With that, Cerise left the bedroom and closed the door behind her. Michelle stared blankly into the crinkly piece of plastic in her hands, absently tracing the outline of a unicorn. The prints were awfully large compared to the few other printed diapers Michelle had seen, making it look more like an overgrown baby diaper than one meant for the teenagers as it supposedly was. She turned it over in her hands, examining it in detail, before shaking her head.

What am I doing? She thought, just put it on and get this over with.

Michelle pulled the diaper between her legs and carefully taped it on. Once she finished, she kicked and twisted a little, evaluated the feel of it wrapped around her. At first blush, it was pretty much the same as the diapers her aunt had bought her. The plastic rustling noise accompanying her movement was just as loud and the top of the diaper still ended near her belly button, but she noticed there was slightly less padding in front. However, the diaper seemed to make up for it by being slightly wider and thicker between her legs and around her butt, a hypothesis she proved when she tried to force her knees together, finding it more difficult than it had been with her other “nighttime” diapers.

Michelle’s inquest was interrupted by a knock at the door and Mrs. Roundtree asking if she was ready.

“One second!” Michelle responded as she quickly retrieved her towel from the floor, covering her breasts with it before beckoning Mrs. Roundtree in.

Cerise chuckled when she saw this. “It’s nothing I haven’t seen before dearie, but if I’ll stand behind you if makes you more comfortable.”

Plastic pants in hand, she circled around behind Michelle and crouched down, holding them out near Michelle’s bare feet.

“Step in with one foot,” she directed. Michelle hesitated, a little taken aback that Mrs. Roundtree was actually dressing her, but ended up obeying gingerly, wanting to avoid another conflict with the babysitter and eager to be done with it. “Good,” Cerise remarked as Michelle’s foot found it’s way through the hole, allowing her to pull the garment up slightly. The cacophony of plastic crinkling the process generated caught Michelle off-guard, she hoped it would be quieter once it was safely in place. “...and now the other… Good.”
Cerise pulled the set of plastic pants up Michelle’s legs and set to work adjusting the elastic on the waistband and leg gathers, making sure there were no openings that a potential leak could exploit and explaining her process as she went.

Satisfied there were none, she stood. “…and that’s about how it should look when you’re done.”

Michelle looked down at the semi-transparent purple plastic encasing her diaper, blushing at her babyish attire.

“Thanks Mrs. Roundtree...” she said awkwardly, “but I think I could’ve figured that out myself.”

“I’m sure you could have,” came Cerise’s reply, “but now you can be sure of what you’re doing for next time.”

Michelle really hoped there wouldn’t be a next time. Meanwhile, Cerise collected Michelle’s sleeper from the bed and held it out in front of her. Michelle stepped in obediently, cringing as the plastic pants adapted to the movement and silent hoping that the thick fleece of the sleeper would deaden the crinkling at least a little bit.

Cerise helped manuver Michelle’s other foot inside the sleeper and brought up her waist, guiding her arms through the sleeves and tugging it snug before drawing the zipper up her back and finally buttoning the security tab. She gave Michelle a playful pat on the bottom

“All done,” she proclaimed. Michelle took back her seat on the bed, finding that the sleeper did in fact mute the noise of the plastic pants, though not as much as she had hoped.

“Oops, I almost forgot,” Cerise said to no-one in particular. She retrieved the pink pacifier from Michelle’s desk and clipped it to the front of her sleeper, letting it fall against her stomach. “Now you’re all done.”

It wasn’t until she heard the distinctive click of the pacifier clip that Michelle realized that Mrs. Roundtree had dressed her, instead of leaving her to dress herself. More than that, she realized that she had let Mrs. Roundtree dress her and gone along with it without a second thought. In the moment it felt like the perfectly natural thing to do and now she wasn’t sure what bothered her more: that she had let the older woman dress her without a second thought or how little it bothered her that she had.

She checked her watch. “You’ve got about twenty minutes before bedtime sweetie,” she said, “I’m going to make a quick run to the kitchen if you need me before then.”

Cerise exited Michelle’s bedroom, leaving the door open. Michelle finally gathered up the courage to take a look in her floor mirror. The most surprising thing about her reflection was how little seeing it made her uncomfortable. She was worried she’d see a baby staring back at her, but there wasn’t. Sure, between the pacifier, footie pajamas and the plainly obvious diaper underneath, she couldn’t deny she looked a little infantile, but the same raven hair she’d always known fell across her shoulders, even if it fell upon a smiling fleece cloud and the same bright, intelligent green eyes met her gaze.

She searched her mind for an apt description of the presence she saw in the mirror: A little babyish yes, but also… cute?

At that moment, a powerful gust of wind blew past, causing the windows to shudder and disrupting her reverie. She turned away from the mirror, stretched and stood up, resolving to find some remotely entertaining way to occupy the twenty or so minutes she had before lights out without video games or television. However, as milled around the room deciding what book to read, the bulk of the diaper felt a little less strange between her legs, the constant rustle of the plastic pants felt a little less noticeable, and snuggled in the warm embrace of her footed sleeper, the fact she couldn’t take it off on her own felt a little bit less like a problem.

Michelle settled on “Inkheart,” as she was in the middle of reading it through a second time. The first had been when she was much younger, and though she had moved on to more “adult” literature, it still held a special place in her heart. She sprawled onto the bed, cracked the well-worn spine and found the page she’d left off on, but every time she started a sentence, her mind would drift back to reflection on the past few weeks.

A certain nagging thought in the back of her mind blossomed as she did so. For all the time, effort and forethought she had put into her clever plans to thwart her parents, Aunt, Mrs. Roundtree and the consequences of her own actions, they hadn’t really got her anywhere better than where she started. In fact, several of them had blown up in her face and actually caused bigger problems than the ones they were purported to solve. Michelle dwelled on this thought for several minutes, turning it over and probing it in her mind, imaging how the events of the past two weeks would have played out had she done things differently.

She was on the cusp of a conclusion as Mrs. Roundtree rapped on the doorframe.

“It’s ten o’clock,” she said, “that means it’s time for lights out honey.”

“Okay,” Michelle replied. She laid Inkheart on her nightstand and crawled under the covers, tell-tale rustle accompanying the burst of activity. Cerise watched Michelle clamber into bed from the doorway, smiling as she turned out the lights.

“Goodnight Michelle,” she said sweetly, “sleep well and dream well.”

“Goodnight Mrs. Roundtree,” Michelle replied, “you too.”

Cerise was still smiling as left the room, leaving the door open just a crack to let a little light from the hallway in. She descended the stairs to sound of the wind howling wildly outside and stretched out on the couch, cracking open her own book just as the phone rang.

Last edited:

windelbuu

Contributor
What a great chapter. I always love reading Michelle's new adventures and I have read the story several times. I check for updates almost every day and whenever there is a new chapter I try to read it as slowly as possible afraid that it will be over soon.

I can only hope you find the time and desire to continue her story for a long time.

Thank you!

PuppyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Awwwwe! That was so cute. I like that Michelle is starting to realize that her plans always backfire.
Its not something that you normally see in a hapless diapeed protagonist like this.
I'm really looking forward to seeing where this go's, there's still a mystery involving the diapers/pacifier.

Thank you for sharing. :)

nray999

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Thanks for getting out another chapter so soon. As usual the characterization is spot on as reality breaks through the wall of denial. I've seen similar situations with my own teenage daughter where eventually she stops resisting on principle and actually looks at the situation.
One continuity note for you is that based on chapter 7 in the A&SC store Michelle actually has 3-5 back zip sleepers since there are two mentions of Laura grabbing a butterfly series off the rack, one right before Michelle tries on the locking one and another as she heads to the register on the way out. That works out as 3 butterfly and one monkey series on the day, and the fate of the monkey series is unsaid at this point.
I think Michelle's acceptance of being dressed at the end is part surrender, and part practicality, back zip stuff seems easier to be dressed in than to dress oneself in.
Also, is Michelle's raven hair dyed or natural? I think black dye fits her edgy punk style, and her natural color is dark blonde like most Polish women and she thought it was boring.
Anyway please keep going since you've left us on another cliff hanger, and having made a breakthrough I'm eager to see if the holidays bring another encounter with her aunt, cousins, and least favorite sitter.

Jeffy25

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Michelle now into daytime diapers. Quite the turn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orange

Contributor
Role
Private
Thanks for getting out another chapter so soon. As usual the characterization is spot on as reality breaks through the wall of denial. I've seen similar situations with my own teenage daughter where eventually she stops resisting on principle and actually looks at the situation.
One continuity note for you is that based on chapter 7 in the A&SC store Michelle actually has 3-5 back zip sleepers since there are two mentions of Laura grabbing a butterfly series off the rack, one right before Michelle tries on the locking one and another as she heads to the register on the way out. That works out as 3 butterfly and one monkey series on the day, and the fate of the monkey series is unsaid at this point.
Thanks for the props, a degree of realistic reaction is important in a story this long, where suspension of disbelief in such things is much easier when the story is shorter. It also prevents overuse of plot mechanics. Regarding the number of back-zip sleepers, I just checked back and I had those sections where she picks extra sleepers off the rack deleted on the master copy, but apparently they remained in the document when I copy-pasted it. To clarify, Michelle has two butterfly-series sleepers and one monkey-series at this point in the story.

I think Michelle's acceptance of being dressed at the end is part surrender, and part practicality, back zip stuff seems easier to be dressed in than to dress oneself in.

Also, is Michelle's raven hair dyed or natural? I think black dye fits her edgy punk style, and her natural color is dark blonde like most Polish women and she thought it was boring.
Anyway please keep going since you've left us on another cliff hanger, and having made a breakthrough I'm eager to see if the holidays bring another encounter with her aunt, cousins, and least favorite sitter.
Dyed, it would naturally be dark brown though. She's not a full-blooded Pole. Roughly sketched, her father is an indeterminate blend of Polish and eastern Slav and her mother is a blend of Central-European/Scandanavian.

And maaaaaaaaaan, every chapter's gonna end on a cliffhanger til it's done. :p

Michelle now into daytime diapers. Quite the turn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yessir, thanks for reading. <3

- - - Updated - - -

Awwwwe! That was so cute. I like that Michelle is starting to realize that her plans always backfire.
Its not something that you normally see in a hapless diapeed protagonist like this.
I'm really looking forward to seeing where this go's, there's still a mystery involving the diapers/pacifier.

Thank you for sharing. :)
Like I said to nray, in a story this long it's important to have at some dynamism in the main characters. Prevents the beating of dead horses. If I can let you in behind the emerald curtain for a moment, the mainspring of the story is Michelle's struggle to balance her desire to grow up and become independent without surrendering the comforts of childhood that's she always known and relied on while realizing that both sides come with inextricable consequences, some she likes and some she hates.

Regarding the pacifier and diapers, all will be revealed soon. ;]

And as always, thanks for reading. <3

What a great chapter. I always love reading Michelle's new adventures and I have read the story several times. I check for updates almost every day and whenever there is a new chapter I try to read it as slowly as possible afraid that it will be over soon.

I can only hope you find the time and desire to continue her story for a long time.

Thank you!
Well unfortunately there's only a few additional story arcs planned. Two or three (depending on where you demarcate the beginning of one arc and the end of another) are pretty substantial, one is more moderate in size and one is a mini-arc that will likely only be a single update long. I've been writing this story for forever and given by the time those arcs are done it will probably be significantly longer Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (It's already awful close to the length of the Sorcerer's Stone), I'll be happy to see it done. Afterwords, perhaps an e-book with a few illustrations, but I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

I do very much appreciate that you've read it (and more than that, enjoyed it =]) so many times, like I've said before, I started writing it for myself but have continued it for you guys. When I'm done, hopefully someone else takes up the mantle, there's plenty of talented writers on this site. =]

fyunch

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
This is a really delightful story. The attention to detail in motivation and causation along with the slow pacing make it a treat to read. Thank you!

babycakes

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Your writing continues to be a delight and this is the first story I check on whenever I log on. Not meant to be pushy, just a compliment. You have a flair for realism that is truly remarkable. I can't wait to see where the day diapers and pacifiers lead as well as the plastic pants, which seem to ramp up Michelle's infantilization to new heights. Could an addition to Michelle's nighttime wardrobe be coming? Also, while plastic pants do help prevent leaks, the only "foolproof" means of avoiding leaks is more padding under the plastic pants. Can't wait to see where this leads, if anywhere.

I am confused by the leak in the sleepers that results in the addition of plastic pants. An excellent idea, mind you. In your Feb. 17, 2017 posting Michelle and her mother visit the A&SC Company store. The sales woman states, “’I'll start out with what is by far our most popular model, the butterfly series sleeper. … First, they're made from polar fleece treated with organic waterproofing on the outside of the garment, so in case of a leak the pajamas may get wet but the bed won't.” I thought this meant that the butterfly sleeper would not get wet on the outside. Based on the ending of your Aug. 29 update, Michelle is put in the butterfly back zip jammies by Cerise. Yet, in your August 31 update, Cerise states, “‘That's a wet diaper waddle if I've ever seen one,’ … Michelle jumped a little when she felt Cerise feel her thigh with the back of her hand. ‘Looks like you had a little leak too,’ she sighed…” At this time Michelle was still zipped into her butterfly sleeper and therefore Cerise shouldn’t have been able to detect a leak on the back of Michelle’s thigh until she had released the tab and unzipped the sleeper as Cerise does two paragraphs later. Am I incorrect that Michelle was still zipped into a butterfly sleeper at the time the leak was detected? Again, many thanks for your writing efforts.

nray999

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think the waterproof treatment on the sleepers is something that was in the posted draft and got dropped from the current version. I had a similar conversation about how many Butterfly Series sleepers Michelle had because the earlier posts mention grabbing sleepers off the rack, but that was edited out. I think that makes sense given the importance of leaking in the plot development.
Belatedly, I will say that Orange's comment about the conflict between moving towards adulthood and returning to childhood has me wondering if there's a psychological component to Michelle's surge in wetting in addition to any physical issues. Either way I'm hoping for an ebook version of the complete story so it's fully edited and easily read. Also I really want to know about that phone call.

Jeffy25

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I still check frequently to see if this and another story on this site will see another update (I'm hopeful).

Any chances of an update coming?

punkboy19

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Little
I share Jeffy's feelings. Michelle's (and Ally's) adventures in back-zipping PJs are simply too cute for words. I've read both stories twice in the last week and I really fell in love with the idea of back-zip PJs.

I can't wait for the next chapter, but I will, as long as it takes! <3

OmiOMy

A padded elfin enby
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
I just caught up this story in one sitting and I just have to say bravo! I'm loving the Tale of Michelle. It's cute and sweet and funny, all in the right beats. You know how to sling some ink. :)

Orange

Contributor
Role
Private
Mini-pupdate!

Kabanata sampung, unang bahagi

“Wake up sleepyhead.”

Michelle stirred in her bed, opening her eyes just long enough to read her bedside clock.

7:30? It's Sunday, she thought, and closed her eyes once more.

"Come on Michelle, it's time to get up"

Michelle groaned when the lights came on, but otherwise stayed static. Only half-conscious, the thickness between her legs told her she must have wet an awful lot overnight, but given the choice of getting up and changing into a dry pull-up and going back to sleep and dealing with it later, she'd gladly pick the latter. She squeezed her eyes shut against the light and started to drift back to sleep.

"Michelle!" Someone was shaking her shoulder. It was a gentle shake, but enough to pull her back into consciousness again. She opened her eyes and blinked the sleep away, straining to focus against the brightness casting her bedroom in harsh relief.

A figure was hunched over her. A woman. She spoke, "C'mon sleepy head, you don't want to miss breakfast."

It took a second for Michelle to recognize the figure as Mrs. Roundtree. When she did, she yanked her thumb from her mouth, hastily wiping it on her pink comforter.

Cerise just chuckled when she noticed this. "Michelle, I can't really be upset with you for sucking your thumb in your sleep," she said, booping her nose, "I still expect you to keep out of your mouth during the day, of course, but I understand that it's hard for you to help it when you're sleeping."

Cerise got up from where she was kneeling next to the bed.

"Up and at 'em," she pronounced, "breakfast is almost ready and we need to get you into a dry diaper before we can start eating."

Michelle groggily looked down at her torso for the zipper, but all she saw were happy clouds staring back at her from a sky blue background. A look of confusion crept across her face as Cerise motioned for her to flip over on to her belly. She complied, noticing a loud, distinct crackling sound coming from her diaper as she did so.

When she heard it, the events of the previous night came back to her-- the leak, ensuing argument and the new, ultra-girly night-time diapers and the pair of purple plastic pants she wore over them. She remembered the Disney Princess sheets now on her bed and how the pajamas themselves zipped up the back instead of in front like the ones she was used to.

As if on cue, she felt Cerise unbutton the security tab, a rush of cool air on her back as the zipper came down and a slight tug at her waist as the babysitter moved her plastic pants out of the way to see if stars and tiaras that covered her diaper had disappeared.

"Would you look at that," Cerise said, clearly surprised. Michelle bit her lip, wishing that Mrs. Roundtree would spare her the commentary and get to changing her.

Let me get to changing myself, Michelle corrected herself. Gosh she was tired.

"You're all dry!" Michelle felt the plastic pants return to their initial position. "Good job Michelle, I'm proud."

I'm not wet? Michelle thought, is the diaper really just that thick? Cerise gave her short, congratulatory squeeze on her bare back before zipping her back up. Michelle's heart leapt at the praise, bathing in a warm fuzzy feeling and cracking a smile despite a cynical voice in the back of her mind chastising her for how elated she was at simply waking up in a dry diaper. She'd done it hundreds of times before without such an absurd feeling of accomplishment, it said, why should now be any different?

"Since you're dry, you might as well stay in your jammies until after breakfast," Cerise said, "no sense in letting breakfast cool down any more than it needs to."

Cerise got up and Michelle sat up in bed. She gave Michelle's knee another quick squeeze, looking her in the eye.

"I knew you could do it," she told the girl, who beamed in response. She stayed seated on the bed as Cerise left, still lightly smiling before she shook her head back to reality.

She checked her phone, just pulling up Facebook when she heard Cerise shout from the kitchen that it was time for breakfast. Given that Mrs. Roundtree didn’t seem the type to be particularly enthusiastic about phones at the breakfast table, she returned it to her nightstand and waddled out of her bedroom, taking some time to readjust to walking in such a thick diaper.

She stifled a yawn as she negotiated the stairs, the combination of sleepiness and wearing a diaper whose thickness she still wasn't quite used to making the task more difficult than it really needed to be. Michelle hoped that Mrs. Roundtree would let her have some coffee with breakfast; she hadn't slept well the night before. In fact, she hadn't slept at all until close to one in the morning, a fact she partly blamed on the thickness of her diaper making sleeping on her side a nigh-impossible balancing act, though the rational part of her mind reminded her it probably had more to do with the caffeine in all the Coke she had drank. Once midnight rolled around, she was so desperate for sleep that she even tried suckling on the pink pacifier she was wearing, and she was a little embarassed to admit to herself that it worked, though she also blamed it for the strange dream she had. She tried to recall it, knowing that it would otherwise be lost to the void by the time breakfast was over. She had a goal of keeping a dream journal, and though she rarely actually wrote down her dreams, she always tried to remember them as much as possible with the intent of doing so.

The first thing she remembered was that she was wandering around her abandoned high school dressed in the same sleeper, diaper and plastic pants she was wearing now, looking for a bathroom. After wandering through the school for what seemed like hours, she finally found one, but the door handle was too high up for her to reach. She tried pressing on the door, but it wouldn't budge and right as she got up on her tip toes to reach for the handle, her cousin Katelyn appeared next to her. Katelyn told her that these bathrooms were for big girls and asked if she was lost. Michelle replied that she was and asked her cousin if she could help her find the potty. Katelyn responded by taking her hand and leading her to a large daycare situated in the centre of the high school that was apparently administrated by Mrs. Roundtree. Katelyn lifted up her cousin and placed her in a playpen, informing her that it would keep her from getting lost. Michelle pressed her hands up against the sides of the playpen and again asked her cousin where the potty was. Katelyn answered by pressing a pacifier into Michelle's mouth, telling her that the potty was for big girls and she didn't have to worry about it before leaving Michelle alone in a playpen filled with stuffed animals. Michelle tried to climb out of it, but her hands could find no purchase on the fine mesh of the playpen's walls. Eventually, she gave up and started playing with the stuffed animals. The pressure in her bladder grew as she did so, becoming increasing uncomfortable, distracting her from the stuffed animals. She looked around the room for Katelyn-- she wanted to use the potty like a big girl but first she needed to be let out of the playpen-- but Katelyn was nowhere to be seen. Eventually, Michelle's discomfort outweighed her determination and made her way to the corner of the playpen, kneeled down and willed herself to let go, flooding her diaper. It took a little while, but the diaper soaked up everything she threw at, thickening to what felt like twice the size, sagging under it's own weight.

Michelle felt a lot better once she was done, even if she had to waddle bow-legged around the playpen, but eventually the warmth in her diaper started the cool and her relief became balanced with the new discomfort of wearing a diaper that seemed to be at the limit of what it could hold. She tried to ignore it, but when Mrs. Roundtree stooped over the playpen to check on her, she quickly informed her of what was wrong. Or at least she tried, what she came out what largely unintelligible until Mrs. Roundtree pulled the pacifier out of her mouth.

"I'm wet," she said, a little embarrassed but unsure of what else she could do, "Can you change me?"

Mrs. Roundtree asked if she was sure. Michelle replied that of course she was, wondering why anybody would lie about needing a change. They went back a forth for a little longer.

"I don't know..." Mrs. Roundtree replied, seemingly unconvinced. Michelle sat down and crossed her arms in frustration. She couldn't believe Mrs. Roundtree was holding out on her like this. All she needed was a change. When she saw Mrs. Roundtree stand up straight again, the idea of being stuck in the playpen in her current diaper for who knows how long really hit home.

"Pleaaaaasssseeee?" She asked, coming to her knees. Then, just to make sure she added, "Pretty please... with sugar on top?"

Mrs. Roundtree seemed to think over her pleas for a moment. "Oh alright," she replied, clearly not terribly enthused by the idea, "since you asked nicely."

Mrs. Roundtree came over, lifted her out of the playpen and set her on a changing pad. She unzipped Michelle's sleeper and pulled the garment down around her legs. Michelle cooperated fully until the soft, fresh diaper was taped on and she started to get sleepy. Mrs. Roundtree had to wake Michelle repeatedly just to get her arms into the sleeves, doing the most of the work herself. Once she had a fresh diaper on and her pajamas zipped back up, she was almost asleep. Mrs. Roundtree brought her to pink crib, set her on the mattress inside and pulled up the side rail, confining her within, not that Michelle minded all that much. She found her stuffed rabbit inside, pulled it close and maneuvered the pacifier into mouth. The feeling of falling asleep was the last thing she remembered. The strangest part of the dream wasn't that she had been wearing a diaper-- she frequently dreamed she was wearing pull-ups-- or that Mrs. Roundtree had changed her, but that when Mrs. Roundtree HAD changed her that it felt entirely unremarkable. In fact, the only remarkable thing that she could remember feeling at that point in the dream was how amazingly comfortable it felt to be wearing a fresh diaper after spending so long wearing a soaked one.

She wrote it off, filing in the “strange but otherwise harmless” bin in her mind so that she could archive it later as she approached the table, enticed by the smell of home-cooked breakfast and the sudden realization of her empty stomach.

“By the way,” Mrs. Roundtree said as Michelle devoured the food in front of her, “Unfortunately, Rachel won't be able to make it over to take over babysitting you today.”

Michelle paused, holding a heaping portion of hashbrowns halfway between her mouth and plate. She had totally forgotten that Rachel was set to take over today and was simultaneously relieved that Rachel wasn't going to see her, dressed as she was, and saddened that she wasn't going to see her today.

"Why?"

"Take a look outside," she said.

Michelle excused herself and ventured to the patio door, drawing back the curtains.

She gasped. Instead of the few inches of snow piled here and there that occupied the backyard at the same time yesterday, nearly a foot of freshly fallen snow blanketed the entire area and in some places it was drifted up to the top of the fence. Michelle stood with her mouth agape, taking in the transformation the outside world had undergone overnight. Cerise came up behind her, laying a hand on her shoulder.

“She told me she’d be lucky if the road to the city gets plowed out by this evening,” Cerise explained, “Country roads are usually the last ones to see a snowplow. It’s one of the downsides to living that far from the city.”

Michelle nodded, still staring outside in wonder.

“That’s enough now, come finish eating,” Cerise ordered, “the snow will still be there when you’re done.” Cerise left for the dining room and Michelle shuffled after her reluctantly.

Back at the table, Michelle wolfed down the rest of her breakfast, eager to start exploring the newly-minted winter wonderland outside. While Michelle was old enough that playing in the snow had lost most of its appeal, storms like that of the previous night came so rarely that she could barely remember the last one. She wanted to get outside and take in how her neighborhood had been transformed before the sun and wind brought everything back to normal.

When finished, she got up and had almost got out of the dining room when Cerise asked where she was going.

“Outside!” she replied, excitement evident in her voice.

“Aren’t you going to help me clean up the table first?” Cerise probed, giving Michelle a look that told her the question was purely rhetorical.

Reluctantly, she returned to the table and helped Cerise gather up the dishes, rinsing them in the sink before Cerise told her that she could take it from there.

Upon hearing that she was free, she bolted out of the dining room as fast as she could, which, owing to the bulk of her night-time diaper, was more akin to a slightly-awkward speed walk than a run. First she stopped at the closet for her snowpants, which took her a while to find as she hadn’t yet worn them this year, and then bounded snow-pants-in-hand to the front door. From there, she took a quick inventory: Snowpants-- check, parka-- check, gloves, hat, boots-- check, check and check. Finding everything in order, she proceeded with pulling on the snowpants. She had one arm in her parka when Cerise appeared in the entryway wearing a thoroughly amused expression.

“Are you forgetting something?” She asked.

Michelle paused, her other arm halfway into the parka’s sleeve, and wracked her mind for anything she was missing. She came up empty.

“What?” she replied.

The grin on Cerise’s face expanded, looking like she was trying to hold back laughter. “Aren’t you going to change out of your jammies first?”

Michelle realized that she had been in such a hurry that she hadn’t even considered changing first, but the fact her sitter found it to be so amusing annoyed her and she didn’t want to give Cerise the satisfaction of letting her know that she was right.

“No,” Michelle replied pointedly, pulling her arm the rest of the way through the parka to emphasize the point.

Cerise saw through her bluff immediately, but she seemed to take it in good humor. She shrugged. “Hey, it’s no skin off my back either way,” she said, “I just thought you would’ve wanted to get into your daytime diapers before going outside.”

Michelle considered Cerise’s point. Now that it was mentioned, she did genuinely want to change out of the diapers she was currently wearing, especially as she was going out exploring and the bulk between her legs made it difficult to run around, but given that she was already close to fully dressed in her winter gear and how combination of snowpants and a long coat almost totally obscured her padding, she ignored the offer. She’d worn these quote unquote “night-time” diapers for almost the entire time her parents had been gone, she thought, another hour or two wouldn’t hurt, especially if it meant she could deny Mrs. Roundtree a win in the process. She shrugged, ignoring the comment and sat down to pull her boots on, eyeing Cerise suspiciously as the babysitter approached and knelt in front of her.

“It’s fine if you insist on wearing your jammies, but I wouldn’t want you to lose your paci out there in the snow,” she said, unclipping the pacifier and setting it on a nearby table.

Michelle rolled her eyes as she pulled her last boot on, standing, “I could’ve done that myself you know.”

“I know,” Cerise said, “but you seemed a little preoccupied and I didn’t want you to forget. If it makes you feel better, I’ll leave it to you to put it back on when you come inside.”

Michelle peevishly wondered if the alternative was any better. It wasn’t that she wanted to wear it outside, in fact, she was thankful Mrs. Roundtree had caught it when she did. It’s not exactly that she forgot she was wearing it, which was a little hard to do with it constantly bouncing around her visual field, but she’d been wearing it for long enough that she took it for granted and the idea that she should remove it got lost in the excitement of getting outside. Now that it was removed, she wasn’t particularly keen on wearing it again, regardless of who ended up putting it on.

“Okay,” Michelle replied, “I’m going outside now.” Mrs. Roundtree’s seemingly derisory concessions to her independence and quiet amusement were starting to get on her nerves just as much as the woman’s vexingly jejune approach to babysitting. She just wanted to get out the door, revel in the novelty of her neighborhood’s overnight metamorphosis and be free of her for a while.

A cold gust nipped at her face the second she opened the storm door, rattling the screen door and depositing a light dusting of snow on the wooden floor.

“Don’t go too far Michelle,” Mrs. Roundtree told her as she figured out her mittens, holding on in her mouth while pulling its companion on, “Stay where I can see you and don’t go past the streetlight at the end of the block.”

Michelle rolled her eyes one final time, “I will.”

She stepped outside and shut the door behind her. She stood on the patio for a moment, dreamily examining the ways in which her pedestrian little neighborhood had transformed into a pale, snow-laden Arcadia before bounding through the knee-high virgin powder piled on the sidewalk, forgetting the troubles of weekend completely.

-

Michelle trudged between the snowdrifts flooding her driveway, occasionally pushing through the smaller ones when she felt a shortcut was warranted. She had been outside for a little over two hours when she had chanced upon the largest snowdrift she’d ever seen and dove into it purely on impulse, regretting it almost immediately. The virgin powder’s soft embrace, while admittedly pretty amazing, lasted only for a moment and the stuff had almost completely filled the interior of her parka by the time she extricated herself from the drift.

Though she made a quite an effort at brushing off the snow stuck to her torso and the inside of her parka, it wasn’t enough to keep it from soaking into the lining of her coat and the fleece of her pajamas. She tried her best to ignore it, but the damp fleece stuck to her skin in a distracting and uncomfortable fashion, so it didn’t take her long to decide it might be best to bring her outdoor adventures to a close and made her way back to house. Another, perhaps more influential, factor in her decision-making was an increasingly urgent need to use the bathroom welling up within her. The first twinge came after barely half an hour outside, but it had subsided and Michelle forgot about it until it returned with a vengeance shortly after her dive into the snow. A rogue thought crossed her mind as the need became more urgent-- she was already wearing a diaper, why not just use it? She reasoned that it was pretty clear by now that it wasn’t as if Mrs. Roundtree expected her to make it to the toilet anyway, and she could stay outside longer if she did.

However, Michelle’s rationalizations were cut short by the rest of her mind and quickly shoved off to side. She needed to go inside to change into dry clothes anyway so she might as well use the bathroom while she was in there. If she wanted to go outside again, she could always do so afterwords. Besides, if the feeling in her midsection was anything to go by, it wasn’t the same kind of accident as the ones prior.

She hurried up the sidewalk, got inside and slammed the door behind her before she got to work stripping off her coat. She was about halfway through the process, standing up to wiggle out of her snowpants, when she sensed Mrs. Roundtree come into the entryway behind her.

“How was it out there?” She asked conversationally.

“Good,” Michelle replied quickly, “but I kinda have to use the bathroom… like bad.” Finally out of all her winter gear, she turned around to face Cerise, who raised an eyebrow pointedly when she saw the condition her pajamas.

“Let’s get you up to the bathroom then,” she said resignedly, “and maybe you can explain what happened to your jammies on the way there.”

Michelle followed her sitter upstairs, explaining the incident with the snowdrift as briskly as she could. coaxing a lighthearted chuckle out of Cerise as they reached the bathroom door.

“Wait here for a minute,” Cerise ordered, “I’ll go get your daytime diapers and some dry clothes from your room.”

Michelle did as she was told, fidgeting in place as her need for a bathroom rapidly developed into an emergency.

After what seemed to Michelle an eternity, Cerise returned carrying a loose, white diaper atop a bundle wrapped in butcher paper.

“Do you remember that surprise I told you about yesterday?” she asked.

Michelle nodded insistently, her fidgeting coming close to a full-fledged potty dance as Mrs. Roundtree deposited her cargo in Michelle’s arms. Cerise seemed not to notice as she continued, indicating the object wrapped in the butcher paper
“Well that’s it,” she said, “now you don’t need to wear all day it if you don’t like it, but I’d like you to at least try it on so I can make sure it fits.”

Michelle nodded vigorously, not trusting herself to speak lest it cause her to lose what little control she was capable of exerting. A small wave of relief crashed over her as Mrs. Roundtree causally took her by the shoulder and turned her around so she faced the bathroom door.

“Hold still for me sweetie,” she told the girl, whose squirming had finally reached what any reasonable observer would term a potty dance. “Just a quick diaper check before you’re on your way.”

Michelle normally would’ve mentally cursed the diaper check, but as she was expending nearly every mental faculty at her disposal on not having an accident right then and there, the words barely even registered in her mind. She wasn’t at all certain she could make it, but the rush of cool air on her back as the zipper reached it’s nadir told her she was approaching the finish line and gave her the second wind she needed to hold it for a little longer.

Cerise examined the wetness indicators on Michelle’s diaper-- they were a little faded, but still very much in evidence. “A little damp,” she said, tone the aural equivalent of a shrug, “but nothing we need to worry about right now.

Michelle jumped as the elastic of the diaper cover snapped back into place. Mrs. Roundtree’s succinct pat on her exposed diaper was all the blessing she needed to shoot off into the bathroom like a taut rubber band finally being released from between a thumb and forefinger. She tossed the daytime diaper and whatever “surprise” lie within the butcher paper haphazardly onto the counter, simultaneously stripping off her soggy sleeper before tearing into the side of her diaper and removing it with her plastic pants in a single motion, breathing a deep, heartfelt sigh of relief when at long last sat down on the toilet.

When she finished, she spent a couple moments basking in the feeling of raw relief that followed before turning her attention to the “daytime” diaper and butcher-paper package strewn across the bathroom counter.

She noted with approval that the diaper in question was plain white, the only concessions to polychromy being the dashed blue line of a wetness indicator and a pair of blue tapes on either side, with none of the girly princess nonsense that adorned the one she had on previously.

Though she was enjoying the vague feeling of freedom that came with being unencumbered by a diaper after such a long time spent wearing one, her curiosity got the better of her and she began taping it on.

Michelle’s first impression was of it’s thickness. While it didn’t hold a candle to either of the night-time diapers she had worn up until now, it was still significantly thicker than she expected given the blurbs she read on the packaging. When she was assured of a snug fit (she certainly didn’t want Mrs. Roundtree redoing any of her work) she got up and walked in a lap around the bathroom to get a feel for it. A light plastic crinkling noise coinciding with her steps that, while certainly not Michelle’s definition of quiet, was miles ahead of both night-time diapers and absolutely incomparable to the cacophony of walking around in plastic pants, which Michelle was certain would be obvious even to someone wasn’t listening for it, located in an adjacent room and watching TV at high volume. What was more impressive was how, despite the diaper’s apparent thickness, was how it didn’t interfere with her movement in any way at all proportional to what she would have expected. Far from the bow-legged waddle any attempt at speed would have turned into just ten minutes ago, Michelle felt, perhaps a little optimistically, she could run without much trouble.

Michelle tore through the butcher paper wrapping, uncovering a long sleeve fleece sweater. It was purple, decorated with images of cows jumping over crescent moons and luxuriously soft to the touch. She lifted it from the counter, wondering why Cerise had neglected to bring her a pair of pants. Michelle understood her reasoning as the garment unfolded, realizing the sweater was in fact a bodysuit, closing between the legs with a trio of snaps. She knew bodysuits were trendy right now; she had seen plenty of different styles browsing through the racks at Forever21, H&M and even a few at Hot Topic but none quite like this. It's long sleeves terminated in ribbed cuffs that matched the ribbed collar. It looked more like a onesie that a baby or toddler would wear than a fashionable bodysuit made for someone Michelle's age.

Her first reaction was one of extreme annoyance. Footie pjs were one thing. Though she had felt increasingly too old for them for the last couple years, it had still been largely her choice to wear them. Their comfort and familiarity had outweighed her concerns about whether they were the most appropriate sleepwear for someone her age. Despite her recent desire for some more grown-up sleepwear options, she hadn't written sleepers off entirely-- only the back zipping ones. A onesie was another matter entirely. Michelle hadn't wanted a bodysuit even when it came in trendy, adult stylings like the ones at Forever21 and she couldn't even remember how young she was the last time she had worn a bona-fide onesie. Part of her wanted to throw the onesie in the trash, storm off to her room and put on the most polar opposite garment she could think of to reclaim her maturity in Cerise's eyes. She had a pair of skull pattern Tripp pants studded with spikes and pyramids that fit the bill.

However, the realization that she'd still be wearing a diaper underneath spoiled it for her. She thought back to the previous night, and how all those clashes with her parents and sitters seemed to work against her ultimate goal, her hostility towards the garment in front of her melted somewhat. After all, she only had to try it on, then she could wear whatever she wanted.

She took the onesie in her hands and kneaded the fleece between her thumb and forefinger. Standing in the chill of the bathroom, Michelle had to admit that if you could get past the innate childishness, it did look pretty comfortable. It wouldn’t be the end of the world if she just tossed it on to cover up and stay warm on the way back to her room to find another, more mature outfit.

Resolving to take it off the minute she got back into her room, she shrugged at no-one in particular, unsnapped the bottom and pulled the onesie on over her head. She got her arms through the sleeves and finally snapped the whole thing closed over her diaper. See? That wasn’t so bad, she thought.

Against her better judgment, Michelle walked over to the mirror to observe the damage, mentally steeling herself for what she was about to see.

However, when she actually got there she was pleasantly surprised by what she saw. The figure looking back at her was far from the overgrown toddler she was dreading it might have been. Just like the previous night, her reflection was not shocking in how different it was from her self-conception, but how familiar it was. She didn’t look appreciably younger nor did her outfit seem especially incongruous or unflattering. It was her, same as it had always been, if wearing a diaper and a onesie instead of jeans and a T-shirt.

She tried a few different angles in the mirror to make sure, making mental notes of the onesie’s fit on autopilot. It didn’t do much to hide the shape of her diaper, not that she had really expected it to, and it peeked out a little from the leg holes at certain angles and in response to certain poses, but just having it covered up was nice and ironically did a lot for her feelings of maturity. As she rotated through a couple more poses, she started to appreciate how the onesie supported the diaper underneath, keeping it snug, comfortably balanced, and allowing greater freedom of movement. (As well as helping prevent leaks, she supposed) Those reasons alone went a long way towards warming up Michelle’s feelings towards Cerise’s gift, but the longer she spent in front of the mirror, the more she started to recognize another attribute: she looked, and more importantly felt, well… cute!

Since she had spent most of the last couple years wearing band tees, dark make-up and even the odd spiked choker, she didn’t recognize it at first. She revelled in the feeling for a couple minutes before becoming conscious of what was happening. Blinking a few times to reset, she stepped away from the mirror, reminding herself that she was a teenager and that teenagers do not wear onesies… well, some do, but not girls like her. And when they do they get them from Forever21, are called bodysuits and they are different from the thing she was wearing. And she just had to get past Cerise and she could change out of it and wear something less cute or babyish or whatever.

She opened the door to find Cerise waiting outside, texting in that certain exaggerated fashion that all older people have a tendency towards. Cerise looked up upon hearing the door and her eyes lit up when she saw Michelle.

“Well! Aren’t you just the cutest pumpkin in the patch!?” She exclaimed, causing Michelle to smile and blush despite herself. “How does it fit? Do you like it? I hope it’s warm enough, they had a short sleeve one but I didn’t want you to get cold.”

Michelle, already taken off-guard by the compliment, was stunned by the flurry of questions. If there was any part of her that still thought Mrs. Roundtree had bought her the onesie to embarrass her it dissipated right then. In that moment, she saw Mrs. Roundtree not as a hard-nosed veteran babysitter but a doting grandmother. Even if she was at best ambivalent about the present, she tried her best not to show it, answering her questions in order:

“Of course I like it!” She said, affecting excitement as best she could, “And it fits fine, see?”

She held her arms out to demonstrate. Cerise rapidly scanned the fit, nodding occasionally but stopped when she got to the white plastic peeking out of the leg-holes.

“Are you sure it’s not too tight down there?” She probed, “We can take it back and find you one that doesn’t ride up and show off your diaper when you put your arms up.”

Even after everything that happened the past weekend, Michelle still got a little red at the mention of her diaper, but she plowed through the embarrassment.

“No, no, no, it’s okay! I actually like the extra support,” she assured, surprising herself with her honesty.

“Are you sure?” Cerise asked pointedly, “I won’t be mad if you don’t like it.”

“I’m sure,” Michelle replied.

Once she heard that, Cerise settled down some and scooped Michelle up into a big bear hug. “I’m glad.”

They embraced for a moment, then parted. Cerise looked at her watch, “We’ve got about an hour and a half before lunch. I’ve heard you’ve got some homework to do…?”

“Yeah, a little, but can I wait to do it until after lunch?” She asked, sweetly as she could.

“I think that will be fine,” Cerise said, smiling, “Now I’ve got to text these old church ladies about why I wasn’t at church to help plan the fellowship potluck next month, but I’m sure you can find something to do in the meantime.”

Michelle nodded brightly and they went downstairs together. After seeing how happy she’d made Cerise, she reasoned it couldn’t hurt to keep the onesie on until after lunch, just for Cerise’s sake. It was only an hour and a half and the onesie was comfy enough.

“Are you sure you like the colour?” Mrs. Roundtree inquired, half-asking, half-teasing.

Michelle rolled her eyes in jest, “Yes Mrs. Roundtree,” she said, lacing the response with as much faux-sarcasm as she could.

Mrs. Roundtree chuckled in response, “You can call me Cerise, dear. I won’t mind.”

“Okay Cerise,” Michelle said. It felt strange calling the older woman by her first name, not unlike the feeling of calling her father “Paul” instead of “Dad.” She wasn’t sure how she felt about it yet, but couldn’t help feeling a little grateful to Mrs. Roundtree for the option.

They went their separate ways at the foot of the stairs, Michelle to the family room and couch within and Cerise to the kitchen. Michelle had just started the TV up when Cerise came up to her.

“I almost forgot to ask if you wanted this old thing back,” she explained, holding out the pink pacifier.

Michelle waited a moment for her to clip it to the fabric of her onesie, but Cerise gestured for her to take it.

“I seem to remember you insisting that you’d rather handle the clip yourself,” she offered, “So there’s not much reason for me to keep holding on to it. It’s all yours.”

Michelle took the pacifier, happy to finally be in charge of whether or not to wear it, but she paused shortly after taking it in her hand. A moment passed, and she offered it back to Cerise.

“You can put it on, this time,” she said judiciously, “but I still get to decide in the future.”

“Okay Michelle,” Cerise laughed, smiling broadly, “it’s a deal.” She clipped the pacifier onto Michelle’s onesie and let it fall, landing lightly on her stomach.

Michelle turned back to the TV as Cerise returned to the kitchen, feeling surprisingly wholesome about her decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Your writing continues to be a delight and this is the first story I check on whenever I log on. Not meant to be pushy, just a compliment. You have a flair for realism that is truly remarkable. I can't wait to see where the day diapers and pacifiers lead as well as the plastic pants, which seem to ramp up Michelle's infantilization to new heights. Could an addition to Michelle's nighttime wardrobe be coming? Also, while plastic pants do help prevent leaks, the only "foolproof" means of avoiding leaks is more padding under the plastic pants. Can't wait to see where this leads, if anywhere.
I appreciate the compliments man. Hopefully your patience is finally rewarded. No spoilers tho! :p

I am confused by the leak in the sleepers that results in the addition of plastic pants. An excellent idea, mind you. In your Feb. 17, 2017 posting Michelle and her mother visit the A&SC Company store. The sales woman states, “’I'll start out with what is by far our most popular model, the butterfly series sleeper. … First, they're made from polar fleece treated with organic waterproofing on the outside of the garment, so in case of a leak the pajamas may get wet but the bed won't.” I thought this meant that the butterfly sleeper would not get wet on the outside. Based on the ending of your Aug. 29 update, Michelle is put in the butterfly back zip jammies by Cerise. Yet, in your August 31 update, Cerise states, “‘That's a wet diaper waddle if I've ever seen one,’ … Michelle jumped a little when she felt Cerise feel her thigh with the back of her hand. ‘Looks like you had a little leak too,’ she sighed…” At this time Michelle was still zipped into her butterfly sleeper and therefore Cerise shouldn’t have been able to detect a leak on the back of Michelle’s thigh until she had released the tab and unzipped the sleeper as Cerise does two paragraphs later. Am I incorrect that Michelle was still zipped into a butterfly sleeper at the time the leak was detected? Again, many thanks for your writing efforts.
Nray's correct in his post on the subject. Someone had got on me about it the practicality of waterproof backing and I decided to get rid of it, but apparently hadn't edited the forum post about it. I'll pop in and remove that here on the forum version in a sec.

I think the waterproof treatment on the sleepers is something that was in the posted draft and got dropped from the current version. I had a similar conversation about how many Butterfly Series sleepers Michelle had because the earlier posts mention grabbing sleepers off the rack, but that was edited out. I think that makes sense given the importance of leaking in the plot development.
Belatedly, I will say that Orange's comment about the conflict between moving towards adulthood and returning to childhood has me wondering if there's a psychological component to Michelle's surge in wetting in addition to any physical issues. Either way I'm hoping for an ebook version of the complete story so it's fully edited and easily read. Also I really want to know about that phone call.
I shouldn't comment on how the story will develop, but at least now you know what happened with the phone call! :p

I still check frequently to see if this and another story on this site will see another update (I'm hopeful).
Thanks! <3

Any chances of an update coming?
Mebbe. :ninja:

I share Jeffy's feelings. Michelle's (and Ally's) adventures in back-zipping PJs are simply too cute for words. I've read both stories twice in the last week and I really fell in love with the idea of back-zip PJs.
Hey, welcome to the bandwagon! They're great. Both myself and my girlfriend have a couple pairs.

I can't wait for the next chapter, but I will, as long as it takes! <3
Well, you got half a chapter! :p Hope the wait was worth it.

I just caught up this story in one sitting and I just have to say bravo! I'm loving the Tale of Michelle. It's cute and sweet and funny, all in the right beats. You know how to sling some ink. :)
Thanks man! I try to keep it relatively balanced in that regard. It's far from perfect, but I want the story to feel realistic and the characters to feel human, not simply marionettes regressing further and further by means of deus ex machina.

Last edited: