• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Mibbit is banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]I was trying to join IRC on my iPod a few minutes ago but couldn't. Am I having problems or is the IRC client site mibbit.com blocked from chat?[/font]

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
It's blocked because Mibbit has been used by numerous people in the past to get around bans, as Mibbit does not transfer your IP address but transfers its own IP address.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]Ok thanks for letting me know.[/font]

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's blocked because Mibbit has been used by numerous people in the past to get around bans, as Mibbit does not transfer your IP address but transfers its own IP address.
IIRC Blitzed's ircd puts a hash of the user's IP as the ident, so it's unnecessary to ban mibbit, just ban particular mibbit users. It might result in having to ban some users twice, but at least it wouldn't block all mibbit users.

It kind of sucks that Blitzed's ircd doesn't use the user's real host when connecting through mibbit. Many other networks do.

Status
Not open for further replies.