Metroid Prime Remastered!!!

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Anyone one else freaking out and was on the verge of needing a change because of the announcement? I can’t believe it’s real!

Reactions: LaLoneDigi and LittleVampire
BabyLink9 said:
Anyone one else freaking out and was on the verge of needing a change because of the announcement? I can’t believe it’s real!
I never got into Prime. I was always a classic 2D Metroidvania fan. But this looks like a good time to hop in.

blaincorrous said:
I never got into Prime. I was always a classic 2D Metroidvania fan. But this looks like a good time to hop in.
You don't have a better moment to give it a shot! Probably one of the greatest games of all time.

BabyLink9 said:
You don't have a better moment to give it a shot! Probably one of the greatest games of all time.
When I saw a Metroid remake, I half expected it to be Super Metroid. But laying a finger on that game would be utter heresy.

blaincorrous said:
When I saw a Metroid remake, I half expected it to be Super Metroid. But laying a finger on that game would be utter heresy.
I have a good feeling that Super Metroid is going to get remade in the style of Metroid Dread at some point. Dread woke up a whole section of new comers and veteran players in the fan base. I love the feeling of Super Metroid but the controls have not aged very well.

Eh, true. And I think the stylistic update would do well. Maybe a sideways remake like Zero Mission would work well. But Dread was just delightful. I fell in love with the genre all over again. Also, my first Metroid to 100%.

I think I just found a kindred spirit in you. Have you gotten into the Castlevania games in the same Iga style that mirrors Metroid?

blaincorrous said:
Eh, true. And I think the stylistic update would do well. Maybe a sideways remake like Zero Mission would work well. But Dread was just delightful. I fell in love with the genre all over again. Also, my first Metroid to 100%.

I think I just found a kindred spirit in you. Have you gotten into the Castlevania games in the same Iga style that mirrors Metroid?
I haven’t gotten into Castlevania. I think I’m lacking the nostalgia for the series as I’ve tried to get into aria of sorrow and didn’t get hooked for whatever reason.

I have the original GameCube Version & the Wii version on my Wii U. The only reason I see myself getting it a 3rd time is playing Prime on the go.

Reactions: BabyLink9
I'm pretty jazzed about this and hope to be playing it soon. I loved it on GameCube back in the day. It looks like a decent update. I've seen a few "remasters" in recent years where the polygon count remained the same, which is always disappointing--almost a downgrade, really. This one seems to have had some effort put into it. It still has a dated look to it, although that's fine with me. They're not calling it a remake.

BabyLink9 said:
I haven’t gotten into Castlevania. I think I’m lacking the nostalgia for the series as I’ve tried to get into aria of sorrow and didn’t get hooked for whatever reason.
You want to try Symphony of the Night, but I have enjoyed just about all the Castlevania’s of the style, though I’ve had a few false starts like you mention.

Uhm, heck yes!!! I’m holding out for the physical copy, but I don’t know if I can wait. I’m wetting myself in anticipation. I had so much fun playing the first two on GameCube and the third on Wii. I think Fusion or Dread are tied with Prime as my favorites.

I love Castlevania too! The DS ones, especially Order of Ecclesia hold a special place in my heart. For anyone that likes Metroidvania style games, the Bloodstained series is a phenomenal spiritual successor to 2D Castlevania.

I decided to buy the digital edition and a physical for the collector in me. I just couldn’t revisit. Finally entering the last act of the game with the artifact hunt.

blaincorrous said:
You want to try Symphony of the Night, but I have enjoyed just about all the Castlevania’s of the style, though I’ve had a few false starts like you mention.
Symphony of the Night is one of my all-time favorite games. I've played it through at least once a year since 1998 and still have my original PlayStation copy. The absurd number of items was one of many masterstrokes in the design of that game. It's certainly got its flaws, but I think I'll still be playing it forever.

To the topic at hand: I'm really enjoying Prime Remastered. Totally a worthy update. I'm only about halfway through, but that's because my son is playing it for the first time and really the Switch is his. If he takes much longer, I might be forced to dig out the GameCube and play the original. :)

I was excited. Until I realized it's on Switch and it's probably going to be 720p and 30 fps and look like soft upscaled wet playdoh on a modern 4k. Probably better off playing the original on a Gamecube with 480p digital out properly upscaled 2x2 to 1440x960 and letterboxed floating in 1920x1080 and let the panel 2x2 again to 3840x2160. Pixel perfection.

Did they rewrite it for Switch or is it just a Gamecube emulator and rom on the Switch cart? 🤮

Last edited:
LittleAndAlone said:
I was excited. Until I realized it's on Switch and it's probably going to be 720p and 30 fps and look like soft upscaled wet playdoh on a modern 4k. Probably better off playing the original on a Gamecube with 480p digital out properly upscaled 2x2 to 1440x960 and letterboxed floating in 1920x1080 and let the panel 2x2 again to 3840x2160. Pixel perfection.

Did they rewrite it for Switch or is it just a Gamecube emulator and rom on the Switch cart? 🤮
Pretty much, from the ground up graphical remake at 60fps. Calm your fears and doubt. It’s as amazing as it gets.

Reactions: LittleAndAlone
Oh, and Metroid Fusion out today on Switch Online Expansion Pass for the GBA emulator! SA-X, the proto-EMMI!!!

blaincorrous said:
Oh, and Metroid Fusion out today on Switch Online Expansion Pass for the GBA emulator! SA-X, the proto-EMMI!!!
I don’t have switch online’s expansion but honestly if they throw zero mission on there as well I’ll get a reason too.

BabyLink9 said:
I don’t have switch online’s expansion but honestly if they throw zero mission on there as well I’ll get a reason too.
I have a feeling that Zero Mission is planned for Online EP at a later date. Probably months after Wii U is already closed.

Onesieman said:
I have a feeling that Zero Mission is planned for Online EP at a later date. Probably months after Wii U is already closed.
That would make the most sense. I really can’t see that title getting left behind.

I'm gonna buy it, then emulate it for 4k visuals. :p Love the Metroid series.

Back