Metal Detectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverSmall

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
What sets of airport metal detectors? Do zippers on jeans sound the alam. I do not particularly want someone to notice my diaper.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
You're asking a lot about wearing on a plane. Since I don't think you need them, you should just not wear them. I think you would be a lot less stressed if you didn't. Plus, you can use it as a good experience of what to expect next time so, you can be more prepared for wearing a diaper.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
Why are ab/dl's so friggen paranoid?

Because getting caught and questioned about why we are wearing a diaper is one of the biggest fears among the *B/DL community?

It's also one of the biggest thrills, but it's mostly a major fear.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
What sets of airport metal detectors? Do zippers on jeans sound the alam. I do not particularly want someone to notice my diaper.

No they don't they are way to small. Hell if they did they would not even have them, they would just wand everyone.

B

BabyWolf

It depends on how sensitive they are set. Typically, no. Even if it did, the worst thing that would happen is they'd wave the precision handheld scanner over it, realize it was just your zipper, and let you through.

Role
  1. Other
Because getting caught and questioned about why we are wearing a diaper is one of the biggest fears among the *B/DL community?

It's also one of the biggest thrills, but it's mostly a major fear.

Yeah, but that's rational fear...but this is just absurd. Even IF something like a belt set off a metal detector...there's basically zero reason for a security agent to EVER touch you so they'd find a diaper (and, if they did have to, it's not like they'd ever ever say anything...they'd probably get fired if they did).

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've worn through an airport and on an airplane before without issue. Even if security personnel realize you're wearing a diaper, they're not going to say anything about it. If they did, they'd have a potential lawsuit on their hands. I almost seem to remember there being one where a woman sued because security made her take sanitary napkins out of her bag :eek:.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Yes... buttons, pins, and zippers do set off the alarms. You will be required to completely disrobe and go through security in nothing but your underwear... or diaper in this case. Everyone will see and they will all get a jolly good laugh out of it... especially if you are wet.

Seriously dude... stop and think for a moment... don't be a moron.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have worn diapers on planes several times and have never had a problem. As I am incontinent I really don't have a choice. The first time I did it I was worried about being found out, but nothing happened. I was just really careful to take off all the metal I was wearing, belt, money, watch, everything. A zip is very unlikely to set off a detector. I have got a metal plate in my fibula and several screws elsewhere and they have never set off the detectors, so i think it is very unlikely that something so small would, although I am sure they can screen to some extent for medical implants.

The main thing is, if it is worrying you that much and you don't have to wear diapers on the plane then just don't. I have no choice, because while I can sometimes manage to hang on, I certainly can't when you can't get up coz the seatbelt light is showing.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I've worn cloth diapers with metal safety pins. Not a peep from he metal detector.

ForeverSmall

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Not really wooried, I like good intel. If security notices I don't care. I am keeping my diapers in my carryon and changing into one once I am past security.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I have worn diapers on planes several times and have never had a problem. As I am incontinent I really don't have a choice. The first time I did it I was worried about being found out, but nothing happened. I was just really careful to take off all the metal I was wearing, belt, money, watch, everything. A zip is very unlikely to set off a detector. I have got a metal plate in my fibula and several screws elsewhere and they have never set off the detectors, so i think it is very unlikely that something so small would, although I am sure they can screen to some extent for medical implants.

The main thing is, if it is worrying you that much and you don't have to wear diapers on the plane then just don't. I have no choice, because while I can sometimes manage to hang on, I certainly can't when you can't get up coz the seatbelt light is showing.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Aren't you supposed to carry something with you saying you have metal implants incase it were to go off?

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
It depends on how sensitive they are set. Typically, no. Even if it did, the worst thing that would happen is they'd wave the precision handheld scanner over it, realize it was just your zipper, and let you through.

Unless you have a bomb that fits in your zipper, which would be rather James Bond like, but why have a bomb that close to your crotch?

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I still remember the guy they found (and I don't remember how they discovered this) with various objects (rocks, magnets, wire, chewing gum) stuffed up his rectum.

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had some wipes in my bag once but it wasn't a big deal, just do it dude.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Aren't you supposed to carry something with you saying you have metal implants incase it were to go off?

I have thought about it, but typically it has not been a problem. If they were to ask they would be able to see the scars and they are very obviously old scars.

It has been over 10 years since I had these put in and I have been on over 40 flights in that time and never had a problem yet. No orthopaedic surgeon has ever suggested that I carry some kind of letter either (despite having been asked) and have said that even tibial nails (much bigger than what I have) don't set it off. Equally, these are bigger than coins etc. which can set it off, which leads me to believe that they can screen out surgical implants. I've no other evidence for this though.

pixel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Zippers don't set off alarms... my God, if metal detectors were that sensitive they might as well blow up when trace metals are detected XD. Why so are you so enthused about going on a flight with diapers? Honestly, I wouldn't see myself sitting for several hours in a pissy mess of plastic, but that's just me. I do get the whole 'excitement' factor of it though, sounds like it'll be fun =)

Status
Not open for further replies.