Messing them, just HOW unsanitary is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

datosprivados

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Ok, so I'm wondering just HOW completely unsanitary it is to mess in your diapers then sit in them for a few hours. I've never done this, and I only rarely wet, but I know some of you do this...

How bad is it?. Will it poison your skin?.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
You'll get a diaper rash and believe me, it hurts! And yes it's also unsanitary but that diaper rash is enough evidence of that.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Messing in them is fine... sitting in it for a few minutes... fine. Past that you are gonna get a rash... it's gonna hurt. Do it for too long and you can get a UTI... which will really be painful and may require a trip to the doctor... and how exactly are you going to explain that?

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I messed a few times, it isn't for me, too much clean up, and the smell I could do without thank you.

You should try it once to get it out of your mind, but you can have the same experience useing oatmeal as a substitute with out the smell.

I have a very good delivery idea for the oatmeal if you would like to try it, I have used it and it works pretty good, you get a warm mushy mess in your diaper.

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
Do it for too long and you can get a UTI... which will really be painful and may require a trip to the doctor... and how exactly are you going to explain that?
Been there! I got a UTI about three years ago out of NO WHERE. It wasn't too bad but I definitely couldn't pee and couldn't stand up straight (I was dehydrated). Had to go to a doctor and get antibiotics, and I was perfectly fine after that.

They wanted me to see a urologist to prevent any more UTIs (since boys don't typically get them). I knew that it was from possibly sitting in a messy diaper for too long or something like that... so I just didn't go to the urologist appointment.

Anyway. Yeah, point is: messing your diaper can be perfectly fine. You just can't sit in one for TOO TOO long. A few hours at most. Rashes suck, and anything that can happen after a rash is much worse.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't think it's as bad as everyone says. Remember that real babies do it, and they have much weaker immune systems than adults - and you don't see them dropping dead left and right because of it.
If you desire to do it, aslong as you take the nessesary precautions to prevent a rash, and don't stay in it too too long, you should be fine.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Do it for too long and you can get a UTI... which will really be painful and may require a trip to the doctor... and how exactly are you going to explain that?
You don't, you're not required to explain how you got a UTI to a doctor, its your body, just ask questions that you need to know in order to protect yourself from any rash.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It depends on the person...Some people could last a while with them, and if you do it all the time, you could immune to it some just like with anything...I would just wear it for hours out of nowhere though...Work up to it if you want to

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
How quickly you'll suffer rash can depend on the chemical makeup of the stools. If you have looser bowels from a virus or other reason, the waste can be more acidic and irritate your bottom much, much quicker. Using the case of real babies Tsendo mentioned, when ours had normal bowel movements their diaper could stay soiled for awhile, if it happened at an inconvenient time or place, without causing any rash. However, when they would have loose bowels from cutting teeth or being sick, you couldn't get the dirty diaper off fast enough to keep a rash from occuring. One suggestion - grease your bottom up with some type of diaper rash cream or ointment first when planning on messing your diaper, just for a little added protection if you plan on keeping it on for a short while.

~Pramrider

Role
Private
I don't think it's as bad as everyone says. Remember that real babies do it, and they have much weaker immune systems than adults - and you don't see them dropping dead left and right because of it.
If you desire to do it, aslong as you take the nessesary precautions to prevent a rash, and don't stay in it too too long, you should be fine.
Yes....but real babies don't sit in it for hours. Ask any parent, and they'll tell you as soon as they notice their kid needs a change, they get changed.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Remember that real babies do it, and they have much weaker immune systems than adults - and you don't see them dropping dead left and right because of it.
I hope to the heavens that real babies aren't left to sit in their own feces for long periods of time. Usually the child throws a fit if messy and the diaper is changed ASAP.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well yeah, but I mean it won't "poison your skin" or anything and aslong as you're careful a bladder infection isn't likely. Sure it's probable to get a rash, and that rash would probably hurt, but that's up to the OP to decide whether or not the pain of a rash is worth whatever pleasure he gets from his act.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I've never had any problems, though I've only done it a few times. Well, I take that back. Cleanup is a real pain. I didn't get changed for like 5-10 minutes one time. I think I changed almost immediately the other times (more recently). But yeah, no UTI or rash from the diaper.

Sitting in a dirty diaper for hours is almost surely a bad idea though.

datosprivados

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Thanks for all the answers.
Yeah, I'll just stick to occasionally wetting them I guess.... (Too lazy at times to go 2 le toilette)

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
For the way I see it, it's not that big deal as some people make it, really.

Remember we're speaking about your own #2, not someone else's... What you load your diaper with, until some instants before was INSIDE your body. Even when you use a toilet, you're anyway in contact with your own #2 until you expel it.

As soon as you use a thick barrier cream to protect your skin from the potential acidity, you shouldn't be experiencing any problem from exploiting your diapers' full potential, even keeping them on for a few hours after having filled them (Mind - A FEW hours doesn't mean 12+ hours!).

Of course after some time the diaper gets so saggy that it's quite mandatory to change it so, problem solved. Personally, the only times I was itchy the day after having kept on a diaper for too long, it was because of the irritation caused by pee, not #2.

PumaPunku

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
mess making

As far as unsanitary goes, yes, fecal matter is unsanitary. What the others said about a UTI should be considered for any long term sitting around. Never had a problem with this myself, but I could have just dodged the bullet too.

Diaper rash - had one incident that I felt like I wiped my bottom with poison ivy. It itched to bad. That, BTW, happened even though I cleaned up pretty quickly. Could be something I ate too since it was unusual in my experience.

Here are some tips that might be of some help during cleanup:

1. carefully remove the diaper in such a way as to not spill contents onto floor. Had to be said since spillage can happen.
2. hold diaper by the ends and dump contents into toilet
3. wipe self with TP and flush this (repeat if necessary). for really big messes, you'll be flushing multiple times to avoid the toilet getting clogged.
4. immediately get into the shower. Using a removable shower head that you can hold helps get into the crevices of your under carriage easier. Crap gets stuck in the darndest places, I tell you what.....

The idea is to minimize contact with the messy stuff. Use latex gloves? In the event that you do touch it don't worry too much. It's not radioactive or anything, but you do want to clean things up. Wash thoroughly, use alcohol hand cleaner if you prefer. Not that it makes it ok, but there are people who do things with feces that would be cringe worthy they still survive. It's just crap, not industrial waste. That said, most of us would prefer to keep things as sanitary as possible and avoid those health risks.

Double bag dirty diapers and empty the trash frequently (daily?).

Oh, and for really hard stools that get bunched up in the diaper, they can get stuck in the toilet causing an over flow. Yowza! I've used a plunger before to break it up. Also used a plastic knife when nothing else worked. Gets to be more messy than just the diaper sometimes. icky details of a DL lifestyle.

Most of all: Have fun! It can be an interesting sensation be it the first time or the 50th time.

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
For the way I see it, it's not that big deal as some people make it, really.

Remember we're speaking about your own #2, not someone else's... What you load your diaper with, until some instants before was INSIDE your body. Even when you use a toilet, you're anyway in contact with your own #2 until you expel it.

As soon as you use a thick barrier cream to protect your skin from the potential acidity, you shouldn't be experiencing any problem from exploiting your diapers' full potential, even keeping them on for a few hours after having filled them (Mind - A FEW hours doesn't mean 12+ hours!).

Of course after some time the diaper gets so saggy that it's quite mandatory to change it so, problem solved. Personally, the only times I was itchy the day after having kept on a diaper for too long, it was because of the irritation caused by pee, not #2.
Just because something doesn't hurt your body inside, doesn't mean it is safe to have on your skin. Stomach acid can dissolve bone, it will do horrible things to your esophagus if it rises in your throat, and would do damage to your skin. But unless it's really acidic, it won't do any harm to your stomach.

I take your point about the barrier cream, but it's not something I would mess with, tbh.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
Just because something doesn't hurt your body inside, doesn't mean it is safe to have on your skin. Stomach acid can dissolve bone, it will do horrible things to your esophagus if it rises in your throat, and would do damage to your skin. But unless it's really acidic, it won't do any harm to your stomach.
Stomach has a very strong protective mucosa, the exact opposite of the colon and rectum - where #2 waits to be expelled - that we know to be one of the most penetrable tissues of the body (that's why some drugs are produced in suppositories, to be absorbed instantly and avoid to pass thru gastric acids). Moreover, the skin our body is covered with, when not cut, is one of the best natural antibacterical protections we have.

I'm not saying that staying 24 hours in a horribly messy diaper is healthy and good, but spending a few hours in it every once in a while and with the right precautions is certainly not going to make anyone ill.

Herbiec

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I enjoy a messy diaper whenever I can. I can stay in it for quite a few hours until the odor gets to me. I enjoy the fullness and the puffyness of my diaper.

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
Stomach has a very strong protective mucosa, the exact opposite of the colon and rectum - where #2 waits to be expelled - that we know to be one of the most penetrable tissues of the body (that's why some drugs are produced in suppositories, to be absorbed instantly and avoid to pass thru gastric acids). Moreover, the skin our body is covered with, when not cut, is one of the best natural antibacterical protections we have.

I'm not saying that staying 24 hours in a horribly messy diaper is healthy and good, but spending a few hours in it every once in a while and with the right precautions is certainly not going to make anyone ill.
That's kind of what I meant--the stomach insulates the body from its own acid. Agree with you on the skin our body is covered with. The thing is, fecal matter produces nitrates and ammonia, which are quite bad for the skin, at least as I understand it.

True that a few hours won't hurt, I just wanted to point out that just because something is safe for one part of our body doesn't make it safe for another part (especially for sensitive areas like the eyes and genitals).

Status
Not open for further replies.