Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CryBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Does anyone else here Love Melanie Martinez as much as I do? I am obsessed with her. Listen to her every day and buy all her merchandise.

I hadn't heard of her, but I had a quick search and... her music just sounds like any other pop music -- over-produced, bandwidth-compressed and auto-tuned. It all sounds the same to me.

Aw crap. That's the kind of thing my parents would've said about pop music when I was little. I must be getting old! :eek:ldguy:

(The great thing about music is that there's just SO MUCH of it, there's something to suit everyone's tastes! I totally understand the way you can really get into a song, a genre or an artist and think it's the best thing ever. It's a cool feeling! Second only to the feeling you get when you dance like a lunatic to music you love! Whatever your music tastes... turn it up and enjoy it! :D)

Haha the funny thing is I felt the same way at first too. I reject pop music 99% of the time, but somehow her stuff seemed different. I don't know how or why. But I can relate, so that's why I'm such a fan. Good that you're open to new things though, you can't be that old yet! ;)

I dislike "barbie" girls. Natural is the best... And her music ? - Sorry, but as Hard&Heavy I say only: Holy pop crap...

CryBaby said:
Haha the funny thing is I felt the same way at first too. I reject pop music 99% of the time, but somehow her stuff seemed different. I don't know how or why. But I can relate, so that's why I'm such a fan.

Yeah -- I know what you mean. I have some weird tastes in music. You can analyse it as much as you like, but as you say, there's no rhyme or reason to it. Well... sometimes there's a rhyme, but, err... :chin:

Anyway, I love music! It gets you through the hard times, and gets you dancing on the table in the good times!

CryBaby said:
Good that you're open to new things though, you can't be that old yet! ;)

I don't know... I'm definitely drifting towards "dad dancing" now. It's inevitable as you get older, but... no one warns you that you lose all credibility on the dance floor! Sheesh! :eek:ldguy:

My music tastes are fairly ecclectic, but I find myself gravitating towards good lyrics... If it's pop, reggae, rap, ska, punk, metal, electronic, whatever... the lyrics have to be good. I like Melanie, because her lyrics are different from mainstream pop... plus the remixes of Carousel and Soap are freaking amazing.

So true about the lyrics. I never listened to the remixes though, cause I'm scared of ruining the original! But I bet they're awesome.

Melanie is one of my favorites, I actually saw her in concert last March, it was great.

i really love the sound honestly. its kinda babyish but sounds like a bubblegum carnival but like, at night with the spooky blacklights on
and knives

I love her. She's got a great concept for her music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back