Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CryBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Does anyone else here Love Melanie Martinez as much as I do? I am obsessed with her. Listen to her every day and buy all her merchandise.

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I hadn't heard of her, but I had a quick search and... her music just sounds like any other pop music -- over-produced, bandwidth-compressed and auto-tuned. It all sounds the same to me.

Aw crap. That's the kind of thing my parents would've said about pop music when I was little. I must be getting old! :eek:ldguy:

(The great thing about music is that there's just SO MUCH of it, there's something to suit everyone's tastes! I totally understand the way you can really get into a song, a genre or an artist and think it's the best thing ever. It's a cool feeling! Second only to the feeling you get when you dance like a lunatic to music you love! Whatever your music tastes... turn it up and enjoy it! :D)

CryBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Haha the funny thing is I felt the same way at first too. I reject pop music 99% of the time, but somehow her stuff seemed different. I don't know how or why. But I can relate, so that's why I'm such a fan. Good that you're open to new things though, you can't be that old yet! ;)

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I dislike "barbie" girls. Natural is the best... And her music ? - Sorry, but as Hard&Heavy I say only: Holy pop crap...

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Haha the funny thing is I felt the same way at first too. I reject pop music 99% of the time, but somehow her stuff seemed different. I don't know how or why. But I can relate, so that's why I'm such a fan.

Yeah -- I know what you mean. I have some weird tastes in music. You can analyse it as much as you like, but as you say, there's no rhyme or reason to it. Well... sometimes there's a rhyme, but, err... :chin:

Anyway, I love music! It gets you through the hard times, and gets you dancing on the table in the good times!

Good that you're open to new things though, you can't be that old yet! ;)

I don't know... I'm definitely drifting towards "dad dancing" now. It's inevitable as you get older, but... no one warns you that you lose all credibility on the dance floor! Sheesh! :eek:ldguy:

WillWheatThins

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
My music tastes are fairly ecclectic, but I find myself gravitating towards good lyrics... If it's pop, reggae, rap, ska, punk, metal, electronic, whatever... the lyrics have to be good. I like Melanie, because her lyrics are different from mainstream pop... plus the remixes of Carousel and Soap are freaking amazing.

CryBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
So true about the lyrics. I never listened to the remixes though, cause I'm scared of ruining the original! But I bet they're awesome.

MamaCarol

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Melanie is one of my favorites, I actually saw her in concert last March, it was great.

M

Maxx

Haha the funny thing is I felt the same way at first too. I reject pop music 99% of the time, but somehow her stuff seemed different. I don't know how or why. But I can relate, so that's why I'm such a fan. Good that you're open to new things though, you can't be that old yet! ;)

Sometimes a tune just catches in your head for reasons you can't explain. I'm not a fan of pop-tarts, but a while back a Taylor Swift tune wouldn't leave me alone for a while. Don't remember which one and I'm not going to look it up for fear it will get stuck in there again.

A quick look at youtube makes it obvious why an AB might be attracted to Melanie. Not me, though.

littlemortem

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
i really love the sound honestly. its kinda babyish but sounds like a bubblegum carnival but like, at night with the spooky blacklights on
and knives

Status
Not open for further replies.