Megamax keeps leaking

Kenopsia

Formerly RainbowConnection
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
So I decided to wear last night. I didn't actually use it until this morning, and it was sort of all at once, but it held it. That isn't the issue, Megamax can handle that. It wasn't until I wet again, very little, that I felt something off. Sure enough, I was starting to leak out of the leg band.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. See, I've noticed that with Northshore supreme, for example, I don't leak. Well, I didn't with the few samples I had, anyway. But only the medium fits me, and just barely. And by that I mean, it's way too small for my waist and the tapes are abysmal. They always end up ripping off. Megamax, on the other hand, fits me perfectly. And yet, I consistently leak out of the legs. I'm almost certainly going to need to change out of this diaper in a few minutes, despite just beginning it's 12 hour capacity.

I've shaved, I've tightened the tapes, I make sure to stretch out the gussets and fluff the diaper every time before I wear. I readjust the leg bands while it's on. I... don't feel confident wearing these anymore. Sometimes they leak badly after I've worn for way too long, that's on me. But I still think I end up leaking or beginning to leak way, way too earlier. I just don't always notice because of the PUL cover. Thank God for them, even though not even they are leak-proof.

(I'm most likely to leak when laying down, if that helps. I was standing/ sitting this morning when I felt myself begin to leak, though).

But I don't think I should need a PUL with a Megamax, necessarily. It should just be a precautionary thing as it gets full. As it is, I don't know what to do. My body shape must be something really funky. And now I have another 3 packs of tens and have no idea what to do with them. This is like the only diaper that I've tried that fits me comfortably, and yet it doesn't actually function for me.

I just needed something reliable today. Something here and present. But even if the diaper worked, I don't think it would have really helped me.

Last edited:
It's trial and error when it comes to finding the taping angle the works for me.
Worst case scenario, I've run into an occasional diaper brand where the fit just flat out isn't right for me. In that case, I just give what I have remaining to my ABDL friends.

I can't get Megamax to fit well, and they always leak for me as well.

It happens to quite a few people actually, there are other high capacity diapers out there!

Reactions: Jorelaxed
I’m the same way. Megamax’s are comfortable and seem to fit me well, but they always leak no matter what I seem to do. Especially when laying down or sitting. They work much more as advertised if I am standing when I wet.

Yeah. Just to add, I use those as more of a daytime diaper. Their leg guards are loose on me too.

Yup, same for me.
I put it down the the slightly larger sizing of a MegMax, they don’t fit me well.
I’ve never managed to max one out.

I had the same problem, try fluffing up the diaper. it made a huge difference and was able to distribute the wetness better.

Improper placement of the elastics between the legs is the culprit for those nasty leaks.

Make sure to properly adjust the gathers after fastening the tabs.

I have had great success with mega Max. Usually I incorporate a booster or two and have found that their leak guards are plenty tall to cover even multiple boosters. I do find that some diapers fit my body type better than others. That could be an issue just that they're not just fitting you properly

Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and PooMinara
Pantyman said:
I have had great success with mega Max. Usually I incorporate a booster or two and have found that their leak guards are plenty tall to cover even multiple boosters. I do find that some diapers fit my body type better than others. That could be an issue just that they're not just fitting you properly

Same here. I've not really bought any MegaMax for a while, as NRU's own brand is £10 cheaper per case and fulfills the same purpose. But what I have found with both brands (and others) is that they start leaking very quickly if I run out of boosters and I have to wear my nappies without. Adding anything between one and three bosters allows me to keep my nappy on for 24 hours without any leakages. It can't just be the added capacity, as I'll start leaking long before a boosterless nappy is anywhere near being saturated. So I strongly assume that the boosters also help with a better fit.

Like, they fit my waist perfectly, better than any other diaper I've tried. They feel snug and nice. But the legs are always noticably loose. I don't know if it's just my body shape or what. It must be. It sucks, I thought I trusted Megamax, but I guess I don't after all. Idk. I have no idea what else to try. Everything else has mediums that are too small and larges that are too big. The sizing of stuff is all wack. Idk. Maybe this whole diaper wearing thing isn't for me after all. Sure, it helps, I like it, but it can't fix my main issue. It's probably just a bandaid. I'm sorry for wasting your guys' time, thank you for your responses.

Back