Medical Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stanfordhawks

Does anyone here have any kind of medical training? Doctor, nurse, medical assistant, pharmacist, lab tech, anything?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I seen a few members give out advice like they were. Personally I have none but I might take up psychology which is sort of health.

inquantum

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If by medical training, you mean that one is trained in CPR and the like. Yes. I was a medic for Red Cross once. It was quite fun, to say the very least.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I do! Well, working on it. Studying to be a Clinical Lab Tech. I'll test specimens ( urine and blood mostly, but semen, phlegm, stool, bone marrow, etc also), so I won't really see the patients. So far I can use the Pointe 180 machine to test urine for protein ( and now learning to test for other things, the protein is just the basic test).

And I currently work in the CLT/ Chem lab at the college where I go to school. I make the media (the gel stuff in petri dishes), make bacterial specimens for the students to look at under the microscope, autoclave the biohazardous wastes, and wash dishes. But I've learned aseptic techniques and how to clean things properly, which is a thing that I'll already know on the other class. Sort of a head start ^_^.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I just know some Psychology, and common sense type medical knowledge

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I worked as a home health care person, for 10 years, takeing care of my mom, and If I were younger, and had a better education, I would have went into the health care feild.

There is alot of money to be made doing this professionaly, and I try to convince younger people in my family to do this but they all think I'm crazy, if there is one thing this world will always have is sick people to care for, makeing this a great job, with a future.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have received self-aid and buddy care training which includes CPR, general first aid techniques, bullet wound field treatment, and NBC field training. Just think, all of this training only takes a couple hours each year, and CPR is a half day every 2 years. The self-aid is the only portion practiced regularly.

In case of emergency, I call someone else.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I took a first aid course in order to become a blackbelt in kickboxing.
I think I know CRP (we may call it something else?).

That's it, unless you count stuff I learnt in biology.

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I am an RN, but I would not give specific medical advice to anyone via the net. Legally, nurses cannot make medical diagnoses (except advance practice nurses). We can only make nursing diagnoses (regarding items that we can affect via nursing interventions.)

Rakai

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Little, , Carer
I have basic army medical training CPR patching up wounds and the such mainly just stuff to tide you over til a real medic can get to you

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Practically none as of now, but I plan to become a pharmacist.

I also know a bit of psychology.

Z

Zeit

I used to have my St. John's Ambulance training for military first aid... but that was several years ago. I'm no longer legally allowed to administer first aid unless I take another course for it.

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I used to have my St. John's Ambulance training for military first aid... but that was several years ago. I'm no longer legally allowed to administer first aid unless I take another course for it.
Does Canada have a Good Samaritan law, stating that as a non-medical person you can administer first aid at the scene of an accident and not run the risk of being sued?

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
CPR trained, and a hospital clown, if that would count. Although the only advice I can give most of the time is laughter.

S

stanfordhawks

I am an RN, but I would not give specific medical advice to anyone via the net. Legally, nurses cannot make medical diagnoses (except advance practice nurses). We can only make nursing diagnoses (regarding items that we can affect via nursing interventions.)
Correct only a PA (physicians assistant) and a nurse practitioner can make a diagnosis but the the doctor has to sign prescription and referral forms.

I was just asking because my mom is a LVN(licensed vocational nurse). The only difference is you can not do an IV push of a certain medication. I know lots about the medical field and want to become a doctor in am ER somewhere.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
CPR and first Aid Along with what to do in the event of a heart attack and Server blood loss Along with how to put a few bones back into place when dislocated. I also know how to put a needle in and arm and how to clean and dress Deep cuts / wounds.
I would of Liked to do some EMT or Nurse training this year but my school will not allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.