Medical diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifetime

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I usually wear Abena m4's and Confidry 24/7 as my go to non AB diaper, but lately I have been curious as to how other medical diapers stack up.

I've been looking at the Molicare Super Plus and Northshore Supreme and was wondering how they compare to the m4's and 24/7's.

Do they fit different? How's the capacity? Is there much of a difference between the diapers or are they mostly the same?

most US medical diapers are designed for frequent changes required by law so they aren't designed to go for more then a few hours.

rennecfox said:
most US medical diapers are designed for frequent changes required by law so they aren't designed to go for more then a few hours.

I'm not to worried if they're not super high capacity. I'm just wondering if they feel different when wearing as opposed to the m4's and confidry's.

Lifetime said:
I'm not to worried if they're not super high capacity. I'm just wondering if they feel different when wearing as opposed to the m4's and confidry's.

Yeah, you feel wetness much more quickly with them.

Last edited:
Northshore Supremes are fantastic. They have a ton of SAP and compressed pulp. They are a bit stiff at first but not bad. All plane white except the thin yellow wetness indicator.

I tried them for bed time but opted out because the top folds over on me too much and I get leaks. That's my fault, not a shorcoming of the diaper (although a rigid waistband would help) because of my big gut. I'm going to try them again after I lose some more weight. They hold and swell a lot. Their absorbancy is pretty remarkable IMO.

They also have the Supreme Lites. They're a daytime diaper with 20% less absorbency. "Lites" is a bit of a misnomer because while they are noticeable thinner than the Supremes, they are very absorbent. They're my go to day diaper and I can make it to lunch time in one. While plastic backed, the plasitic is a bit thin and soft. somtimes you can rip them when trying to adjust and pull your diaper up.

Both of these compete with any european med diaper I've tried.

Northshore Supremes hold every bit as much as Abena M/L4 or Dry 24/7. Dry 24/7 probably have a higher states ISO capacity but I find they leak long before coming anywhere near their stated capacity.

I generally classify diapers into three categories.

Retail: These are what's left sold in the pharmacies/groceries. Mostly slip on underwear style (depend real fit/silhouette/aways) these days along with, if you are lucky, some moderate quality briefs (depends maximum protection, Walgreens/Walmart/Sams and other store brands).

Mainstream Medical: These are usually pretty mediocre and the best they can get medicare reimbursment to authorize: First Quality/Select/Prevail etc...

Specialty Medical: Abena, Attends, (higher end) Tena, Molicare, Tranquility, Dry247, and the few store brands (NSC, XP Medical).

ABDL (OK FOUR categories): Rearz, Bambino etc... Pretty good to real good, nice appearance, egregiously expensive.

willnotwill said:
I generally classify diapers into three categories.

Retail: These are what's left sold in the pharmacies/groceries. Mostly slip on underwear style (depend real fit/silhouette/aways) these days along with, if you are lucky, some moderate quality briefs (depends maximum protection, Walgreens/Walmart/Sams and other store brands).

Mainstream Medical: These are usually pretty mediocre and the best they can get medicare reimbursment to authorize: First Quality/Select/Prevail etc...

Specialty Medical: Abena, Attends, (higher end) Tena, Molicare, Tranquility, Dry247, and the few store brands (NSC, XP Medical).

ABDL (OK FOUR categories): Rearz, Bambino etc... Pretty good to real good, nice appearance, egregiously expensive.

I'm not sure I'd put Attends, US Tena or ATNs in the same category as Abena, Northshore, Dry 24/7. Maybe another category: Premium Medical which would include the Abena/Dry/NSC/XP house brand. One notch about Specialty Medical.

Northshore's are nice and they're stiff in the crotch-region which makes them seem more durable or longer lasting. I could be wrong, but when had them two months ago-I think I remember them not being as "tall" as M-4's or 24/7's.
I also recently had a case of the Molicares too! They DEFINETLY aren't tall-fitted diapers and the insides break apart and slide into gross clumps also-like someone else recently described one of the other premium diapers.
They still ARE, regardless, REALLY good diapers and i REALLY like Molicare Super +: i remember back in 1996, when HDIS sent me my first sample Molicare's.
The crotch felt unbelievably WIDE and THICK! Back then there wasn't much else out there that I was aware of like that and they seemed almost TOO wide and thick. At least my wife thought so; but she did get a few good laughs out of seeing them. At the time they looked very institutional.
I'm interested in trying Molicare "Slips", Better Dry's, and even Attends overnight's despite them having that crappy "cloth-like" covering".
Mainly though, i too would like to try some more brands-mainly plastic-backed though

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

Also, i think Northshore IS a GREAT diaper and i'm even getting ready to buy some soon

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

Molicare super plus are great. They're technically less capacity than an m4, but the wicking ability more than makes up for it. If you wear one around all day you'll find that both the front and the back of the padding get used, which gives it the same practical absorbency as an M4.

They also feel incredibly soft. I've tried a lot of different diapers and nothing else even comes close.

Northshore Supreme is one of the most underrated diapers in my opinion. In my experience they last longer than Abena M4, even if absorbency is roughly the same, because they stay wearable longer and don't fall apart and clump like Abena when they get very wet. Dry 24/7 is definitely the most absorbent medical diaper on the market but it swells enormously and expands like a balloon when it gets really wet. It's hard to get maximum use of them because they sag so much that you end up literally waddling and pulling them up constantly.

Most of what has been said is true. I've worn all four for extended periods and they are all on the premium side of adult disposable diapers. All have four tapes and inner leak guards. I have a 31" waist and usually wear mediums.

Abena M4 - Fairly thick and wick well. More SAP than fiber. Fit is a little on the large side. Not quite as wide of a crotch. Come up somewhat high on the waist. Outside of diaper is full of obnoxious lines. These used to be my go to diaper, but I feel the quality in terms of thickness is not as good as it was. Still my #2 diaper on this list.

Dry 24-7 - Thick, but don't wick so well. Way more SAP than fiber. Fit is very large and the medium is too big for me. Crotch is wider just because they are so damn big. They have a waist band and come up really high on the waist. Plastic is not as comfortable as the other diapers on this list and it is louder. Outside of diaper is all white. As someone else said they are prone to leak long before the rest of the diaper is used. The small fits me better than the medium, but I don't like the tabs, which are wide and short.

Molicare Super Plus - Less thick than the other diapers on this list, but still hold a lot (used to be thicker years ago). More SAP than fiber and they tend to fall apart faster and clump. Fit is a little small and they don't come up as high on the waist. Plastic is quiet. Outside of diaper is purplish with lines. My problem with Molicares is the fit and the clumping. The inside edge of the legs have cut into me something fierce. The Super is less thick, a smaller pad and plastic only down the middle (but it is white).

Northshore Supreme - Thick and stiffer (at least initially) than the diapers above. About equal SAP and fiber (which probably explains their initial stiffness). Because of this they wick extremely well and hold their shape after many hours of wet wearing. They don't come up as high on the waist as the Abena or Dry 24-7. Plastic is soft and outside of diaper is all white except for a yellow wetness indicator. Crotch is wide. Sizing is a little on the small side, but that means the medium fits me very well. This is my #1 diaper on this list. I wear 24/7 and have gone through about 25 cases of NS Supremes over the last two years. They are surprisingly discrete for day wear. I wear them at night too (sometimes with a booster). My only nit pick is I would like to see another inch or two on the length. In the last two years I've only leaked maybe a dozen times and that was usually because my pee pee was aimed towards the outside. A great diaper in my opinion.

I am sure I missed something here, but in general everyone has a diaper that will fit them better than most. If I were a big guy and didn't have chicken legs, I would probably prefer the Dry 24-7s. The Northshores just fit me better and they are very absorbent.

I use the Confidry 24/7's they fit great but I agree they do not wick very well and even though they are absorbant they have to be changed out more often then other diapers.

Northshore supreme and idSlip maxi are the same diaper. They are thin and stiff at first but they are high in SAP so they do hold A LOT though they're slow to absorb, I find they work best with a stuffer. They are smaller than abena and way smaller than dry 24 and while stiff when new they actually soften up quite well with just a couple wettings. I've never tried molicare. Another good medical diaper is seni quadro, available through xp medical in the US. They are cloth backed only but are actually a pretty good diaper. They will hold a good amount and have probably the best cloth outer I've ever seen/felt. They're around the same size as the the northshore...not undersized but not huge. These are very capable and the most discrete diaper I have

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I've used dry 24/7 for years ( since they have been available) and am very satisfied with how well they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back