Media Subforum in Off-Topic?

Do you think we should have a Media subforum?

• Yes

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I don't care/Undecided

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Do you think that this is a nice idea? Things like music, movies, TV, etc. would go in here. This has been discussed, and it does indeed have ups and downs, but I think that the good outnumbers the bad. Opinions, anyone?

PupKommodore

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Other
Yeah, I think that there's enough threads in the off-topic section that media related that another sub-forum would be a good idea. And like Lukie said, it might clear up the Off Topic section a bit.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I wonder how much will stay in the normal off topic forum though. I think there should be a balance between the subforums (and main forum) in offtopic. And I think this'll disturb that balance.

Role
  1. Private
Then again, people might be more inclined to discuss those sorts of topics if there was a board dedicated to that. I've noticed a lot of people posting media related topics on other boards outside of off-topic; it might just remove those less-serious threads off the Regular's Forum for instance.

"Media" is a pretty broad term - it can encapsulate music, theatre, art, photography, TV, movies & film, technology, current events, news reporting & journalism, the internet and communications... just to name a few things, not neglecting their respective mediums through which that sort of information is channelled.

If anything, a Media Forum might actually organise the threads on here, removing them from non-specific, more personal boards.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I guess I'm going against the grain when I say no.

Right now I think we already have too many forums. Creating more will just make this place more disorganised.

Some subforums are very necessary, such as the Thread Games subforum in Offtopic. That keeps all those thread games from clogging up Offtopic. But I just can't see the benefits of creating a subfroum soley for media. When you create too many forums and subforums, thing get confusing. Most topics blend several different ideas together, so a person might not know where to put it.

I have seen forums with 40 different subforums. Half of them didn't have a topic in them. They had forums for Baseball, Music, Television, Football, ect. Very tiresome. I doubt that will ever happen to ADISC, but the fact is the more forums and subforums you add the more confusing it gets.

Role
  1. Private
I guess I'm going against the grain when I say no.

Right now I think we already have too many forums. Creating more will just make this place more disorganised.

Some subforums are very necessary, such as the Thread Games subforum in Offtopic. That keeps all those thread games from clogging up Offtopic. But I just can't see the benefits of creating a subfroum soley for media. When you create too many forums and subforums, thing get confusing. Most topics blend several different ideas together, so a person might not know where to put it.

I have seen forums with 40 different subforums. Half of them didn't have a topic in them. They had forums for Baseball, Music, Television, Football, ect. Very tiresome. I doubt that will ever happen to ADISC, but the fact is the more forums and subforums you add the more confusing it gets.

Rename Computers & Games to the more-inclusive "Media"? ;)

It'll still be the same thing, just with a more variety of topics... and hell, all without adding an extra forum either!

PupKommodore

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Other
Rename Computers & Games to the more-inclusive "Media"? ;)

It'll still be the same thing, just with a more variety of topics... and hell, all without adding an extra forum either!
That's not a bad idea, but the Computer & Games thread has a lot of topics in it already and is doing well as its own subforum. I just think that to combine the two would create too many threads in one subforum, or maybe not, idk just a thought.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I prefer Lukie's idea. Making another forum isn't going to be a good catalyst for any type of conversation!

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
So far, the majority of voters are in favor. Any moderators care to comment?

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
So far, the majority of voters are in favor. Any moderators care to comment?

It's worth pointing out that decisions like this are down to Moo, and mods don't get a special say in what forums should/shouldn't exist. I believe Moo sees most, if not all, admin stuff threads so he'll probably comment at some point.

My personal view: I'm not keen on subforums. :p I think it can fit in off topic, and if people want to promote more media type stuff then they can just post more threads.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Ah. Thank you Charlie for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.