Measuring Waist Length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I want to figure out the length of my waist. I have this plastic ruler that is very flexible and can bend very well without breaking, so I think that might be good to use in measuring my waist. But I can't figure out where the waist is. Where is the waist line? *feels stupid* :p

datosprivados

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Below your belly button, and above the top of your pubic hair. About halfway between these two points is your waist (lower half of belly button, top of pubic hair).

Enjoy.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You can use you plastic ruler, just measure with a peice of string and put it on the ruler.

isaactheman

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
use the metal tape measure or if u have the rope tape measure thats more specific...but ya if anything use a string and then wrap it around your waist then measure it with your ruler, putting the ruler around your waist can throw you off a couple inches cause of how thick it is...

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Guys, he doesn't need help with what to measure...He needs to know the location of his "waist"

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
But using a string is much easier if you don't have the proper body measurement rulers. Also someone already told him how.

Vaultin

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I thought the anatomical waist was at your belly button?

Most people, americans especially, wear their pants at the hips, which are several inches further around than the waist in most people. If you are measuring for a diaper, measure a little south of your belly button.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I thought the anatomical waist was at your belly button?

Most people, americans especially, wear their pants at the hips, which are several inches further around than the waist in most people. If you are measuring for a diaper, measure a little south of your belly button.
What do you mean at their hips? I don't exactly know where I'm wearing mine, but I thought that it was my waist =/, maybe not, wait do you mean hips as in down far like the "gangstas" wear them?

Role
Private
I normally measure on the level around where my hip bones stick out on my sides, as that's the widest part of that area for me. I figure if a diaper will fit around my hips, it'll fit the rest of that area.

Vaultin

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
What do you mean at their hips? I don't exactly know where I'm wearing mine, but I thought that it was my waist =/, maybe not, wait do you mean hips as in down far like the "gangstas" wear them?
Gangstas wear them at about 3 inches south of their asscrack. Wearing pants at the hip is more comfortable than the waist.

Oh, and Lukie, you would want the top of your diaper to be narrower to prevent leaks while in an, er, excited state, and for better fit and comfort, no?

EDAT: according to wikipedia, your waist is simply the narrowest part of your body south of your ribcage and north of your hips.

Last edited:

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I normally measure on the level around where my hip bones stick out on my sides, as that's the widest part of that area for me. I figure if a diaper will fit around my hips, it'll fit the rest of that area.
Yes, the waist is just above the hipbones where your body narrows a bit on the sides. If you were fitted for a suit of clothes that's where the tailor would measure you for your pants waist size.

~Pramrider

Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
The waist is actually the narrowest part of your body below your ribcage and above your hips. It differs from person to person, but it's usually within an inch or two of the belly button (from what I can tell it's usually where your elbows hit your chest if you put your arms straight at your sides). For me its right under the rib cage and above the belly button (29 inches as compared to 30-31 inches elsewhere).

The part of the body that your pants hang at is actually your upper hip. You know how the stereotypical old man wears his pants really high? That's what wearing your pants at your real waist looks like.

Here's a pic that should help you figure out where to measure, as well as for a bunch of other locations:

As other people have said already it would also be a good idea to get a piece of string, tie it around your waist, mark the spot where the string completes a circle, and then measure up to that mark. If you have a tape measure instead then use that. But don't try to use a ruler just by itself. Alternatively you could also measure the waist length of any article of clothing that hugs your actual waist and then just double that measurement to get your waist size.

Role
Private
Oh, and Lukie, you would want the top of your diaper to be narrower to prevent leaks while in an, er, excited state, and for better fit and comfort, no?
1. You can't wet when you have an erection. It's not at all possible.

2. Generally when I do up a diaper, I do the top tapes first so it hugs my body nicely and stays up, then I do the bottom one's so it gives me a snug fit. Never had any problems with this method.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Well for women there's an actual difference between waist size and hip size, but for guys I've never known anyone to make a distinction.

How I measure my waist length: take off my trousers and read the label.

Why do you want to measure your waist? If it's for getting trousers that fit, then measure the hips, that's what I'd do. The "narrowest part of your body below your ribcage and above your hips" is more for women IMO, as is Ecto's diagram.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
From what I've heard, diaper manufacturers distinguish diaper sizes by waist size, but what they really mean is hip size. When you think about it, the "wings" of a diaper that wrap around the sides of your body to keep the diaper in place have to cover the widest area of your body too. If you have a 32" waist size but your hips are 35" wide, and you buy a diaper that only just barely fits 32", you won't be able to use that diaper simply because it won't fit over your hips.
With normal pants/jeans/trousers, the hip/waist size issue isn't that big of a deal because the pants bulge out right below the waist band and thus give you extra room for your hips. Pants are, indeed, held up at the top end, where the waist is, while diapers are held in place by the widest part of your body - the hips!

Peachy

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
From what I've heard, diaper manufacturers distinguish diaper sizes by waist size, but what they really mean is hip size.
ya, being rich and well-educated doesn't mean a person can't be scruffy and as thick as pig-shit :p
the waist thing is one of my pet hates, if you can't tell. as has been said, above the hips (pelvis) and below the ribs......for everyone.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
1. You can't wet when you have an erection. It's not at all possible.
It's not possible for many guys, but it IS possible in general. Just uncommon, and difficult.

I want a diaper that fits right on my hips anyway, so I'm going to get some that are actually too small. I'm looking into getting the Tena underwear in Medium. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.