Meal Replacement from a Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Private
I have recently (past few months) been falling in trap of getting too busy to stop for breakfast so I had started doing meal replacements. My wife got me some all organic all natural powder (costly as hack). So it got me thinking a few weeks back how does adult meal replacement really differ from toddler milk drink? Seriously - other then lower calorie...

So I gave it a try and I actually like Enfagrow Vanilla Milk Drink. It is amazing. I have actually been drinking it now at night before bedtime. I know it sounds weird but it is actually good and it is like having a glass of milk with added nutrients before bed so its healthy. Right?

Plus for some odd reason I have lost like 4 pounds (I am not skipping dinner) since adding my bottle of milk formula drink at night - and I do not have any weigh to lose - seriously.

Do you drink toddler/baby/child formula or milk drinks? What are your thoughts?

KatieBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I tried baby formula for awhile, but I didn't care for it. I'd consider trying something like Enfagrow, though. I already drink a meal replacement for breakfast so it wouldn't be that strange. Maybe I'll pick some up the next time I go grocery shopping. Good idea, thanks!

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I've been fed the stuff by surprise quite a few times and by myself once, which was the first time. I didn't really enjoy it, but I thought it was sweet what it stood for. Both as a regressive thing and because it meant the person suprising me with it wanted to support me.

Milk drinks seem interesting though. I don't really know the difference between them and the meal replacement stuff though. I feel like there might be nutrient and taste differences obviously..

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was going to say be careful, because you might gain weight. I think they are formulated for some weight gain, high in sugar and carbs, but since you lost weight, I could be seriously wrong.

Kid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Private
There are two versions. Actually three. The first of course is still labeled formula and it is Stage 2.

The ones I am referring to is the Enfagrow Stage 3. There are two choices to choices from as far as taste preference. The first is vanilla and the other is straight milk, I been using the Vanilla just for the flavor. It is like an adult meal replacement vanilla so it can be a little 'tasty'. So if you don't like you can try the straight milk flavor.

I would recommend the 4-pack pre-made cartons (they come with a straw, too or you can pour into your bottle). They are costly at $6 a 4 pack so I use the powder; however, to get your taste prefence down go with the pre-made 4-pack to start.

More information

***edit

I was going to say be careful, because you might gain weight. I think they are formulated for some weight gain, high in sugar and carbs, but since you lost weight, I could be seriously wrong.

Not sure why I lost weight. They are only 120 calorie per serving so not much for a 2400 calorie daily intake diet that I try to maintain. Might be one of the ingredients. I think the high fat would cause weight gain for a 20 pound toddler. :)

browne

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I do have tubs of meal replacement but is mainly for when I don't eat my food but I will drink it as it the same calories as what would be in my food :)

pinksmart

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
I've never tried baby formula as an adult. Everyone says it's yucky, and that's kind of thrown me off it. Though I think I would like to, at least once. :) I do take NIDO Kinder 1+ a few times a week, in a sippy cup. It's a kind of toddler formula, and tastes like honey-milk. Good as a treat, but calorific. I have to make it fit into that day's eating plan.

Pampersboy827

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It's got a very odd taste, but if you drink enough of it you get used to it.. but if you drink too much of it you might get a tummy ache or creamy poops

Status
Not open for further replies.