Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I just heard Brad Pitt might be running for mayor of New Orleans. what do y'all think. good or bad?
Personally i think It funny. But he could do a good job. He has certainly put the time into it.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I hope he keeps making movies. He's like one of my favorite actors

Role
  1. Other
Wow, but what qualifications does he have? Also, why would a movie star want to be a politician?

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Bwother why is Arnold the Governor of Cali.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
Hmm. I personally don't know how I'd feel about this if I lived there.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I think the people in New Orleans might just be stupid enough to do it. They do live in a city that is below sea level... and has been wiped off the earth more than once by a natural disaster.

Pretty dumb if you ask me.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Bwother why is Arnold the Governor of Cali.

Because we are the most flipping insane state in the country. Plus no one wanted the REAL conservative and even I forgot his last name, it was Bill something.

Silikon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Brad Pitt says "Use soap"

Vote 4 Pitt

EDIT: oh my god im sick of this "shout" filter

A

Asher

The guy has no experience! I'm sorry, but after Arnold became governor of California, I think we should realize that the majority of stars-turned-politicians are not that good at their political offices. Pitt is a good actor, and he should just stick with that.

Although I'm not going to lie; I think the shirts are pretty cool. :smile1:

- Asher

Gaius

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I can just see the next Katrina: "and, and brad pitt hates black people."

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I think the people in New Orleans might just be stupid enough to do it. They do live in a city that is below sea level... and has been wiped off the earth more than once by a natural disaster.

Pretty dumb if you ask me.

I fully agree with you that Brad Pitt would make a terrible mayor, probably worse than our present mayor, Hizzoner C. Ray Nagin, but not for the reason that you give.

First, we do have a lot of intellectually challenged voters (I'm not one of the because I'm too young to vote) in New Orleans and they all tend to vote for their own self interest. But, are we that different than most people who choose their leaders around the USA. Just look at the U.S. Congress as an example of the voters' intelligence.

Second, We live in New Orleans because we love our city, even though most of us live below sea level. If everyone moved away from their home because they feared a natural disaster 300 million people all would be living in eastern Montana, North or South Dakota, and perhaps central Canada. I don't see a lot of people moving from California in fear of wildfires or earthquakes, or people moving from Tornado Alley or Atlantic Coast of the U.S. because they have tornados or Atlantic hurricanes there.

That being said, Brad Pitt, if he ran, would not be elected for following reasons:

1.) He is an outsider and doesn't know who are the "real" players in New Orleans politics. Those power brokers probably wouldn't take him seriously.

2.) He is an actor. Would he be willing to give up his acting career to become the major of a struggling southern city with all it problems? I don't think so.

3.) He's the wrong color. Like it or not, New Orleans is a racially divided city. We have a deep race problem here that effects the city at all levels. My city is 56% African-American. He would have a hard time defeating a strong African American opponent. There are several powerful African American politicians already set to run for mayor. I am not saying it can't be done. But it would be an upset if he were to beat a popular African American opponent.

Anyway those are my reasons why Brad Pitt would do better staying an actor and continuing his support of rebuilding the parts of this city that were the heaviest hit by Hurricane Katrina.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
So was Ronald Reagan. And he was a President.

Don't forget Ronald Reagan. It's a scary reality... Republican movie stars can use their fame to help them get into office. >.<

Reagan was also governer of California and was involved in the political side of the Screen Actor's Guild. His political career extends quite a ways back before his run for president even if it did seem at the time like he was coming from nowhere. People use fame for different purposes. Sonny Bono was a senator, Clint Eastwood was mayor of a California town and we have Al Franken finally confirmed as a senator in Minnesota.

Gaius

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Arnold is so not a true republican. He is a Rino (Republican In Name Only). He has been spending wildly like a liberal, as have most of the "republicans" of the previous administration. Politicians, pssh who needs 'em? We need to have a bunch of regular joes run for every office in the country. I should run for mayor, I promise to kick some bureaucratic butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.