Maybe someday...

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
The things that I want to experience but probably never will...
  • I want to watch “PAW Patrol” and eat a Happy Meal
  • I want to play along and help Steve figure out “Blue’s Clues.”
  • I want to fall asleep in the back seat during a long car ride.
  • I want to color.
  • i want to help make cookies, cakes, brownies or other treats.
  • I want to build a blanket fort.
  • I want to take a nap with my teddy bear with the window open letting the warm summer breeze in.
  • I want to go to Build-a-Bear and get Chase from “PAW Patrol.”
  • I want a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, cut in half, without the crusts and with a slice American cheese on top.
  • I want to be little for a little while… even if just for a few hours.

What is stopping you?

In my current situation, it is. I still live at home and there's no privacy. Dad doesn't go to bed 'til 5am which is the same time Mom wakes up. There's literally no time to myself. If I get more than 15-20 mins to myself a day, I'm very lucky.

Maybe once I get a meeting set up with the Dept. for the Visually Impaired, they'll be able to help me gain more independence and I can eventually make it on my own and then maybe I can actually do some of the things on my list.

Well, obviously you're using an Internet-connected device to access this website. The same Internet-connected device can stream PAW Patrol, right? Use some headphones or earbuds if you're worried about people hearing.

And there's nothing babyish about making cookies, so why would that be a problem with your parents?

There's nothing unreasonable there but you will have to carve out some independence. It's funny how you would need to exert independence in order to have the space to act like a child, who of course should be supervised.

• Haha
Reactions: gnd567 and tiny
KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Well, obviously you're using an Internet-connected device to access this website. The same Internet-connected device can stream PAW Patrol, right? Use some headphones or earbuds if you're worried about people hearing.
And there's nothing babyish about making cookies, so why would that be a problem with your parents?
[/QUOTE]
You're right. It's not. I guess I just associate making cookies with me being really little and helping my grandma make Christmas cookies. I guess the idea just makes me feel little. I can't see my parents having a "problem" with it, but it would be very out of character for me and they'd probably think "that's odd" but probably nothing more. I guess I could do that. Maybe I will.

Trevor said:
There's nothing unreasonable there but you will have to carve out some independence. It's funny how you would need to exert independence in order to have the space to act like a child, who of course should be supervised.
This is SO true!

I was thinking you certainly could have your peanut butter sandwich they way you've specified. I think you could do at least a third of those things. Beyond that however, you and I have talked about some of these types of things a long time ago, and I genuinely feel for you. You should be able to have all these things if you want. Keep striving for independence. What you really need to do is find that special person to share you life with, someone who also would understand and accept you for who you are. My wife was one of those people and it made all the difference.

I think you can do some of those things too. Do you have your own room where you can close the door and no one will come in without knocking? If you have your own space you can have coloring books, watch Paw Patrol, take a nap with window open (you do have a teddybear?). There are other things you could do not on that list that might give you nice little time too.

Thanks for some of the suggestions everyone.
You guys are right about the sandwiches and making cookies. I could get away with those. I forget that just because I associate those foods with being "little", doesn't mean they will.

DanielW said:
Surely you could make a pillow fort at night when other are sleeping, coloring isn't anything you have to keep secret either. Plenty of adults have coloring books and art supplies. What's wrong with cutting the crusts of your sandwiches?
Unfortunately, I can't because there is always someone awake in my house. I work nights and my dad drives me to and from work. He gets me home by 1-2am but he's awake until my mom wakes up at 5am and he gets back up by 10:00am.
TiggyCat said:
I think you can do some of those things too. Do you have your own room where you can close the door and no one will come in without knocking? If you have your own space you can have coloring books, watch Paw Patrol, take a nap with window open (you do have a teddybear?). There are other things you could do not on that list that might give you nice little time too.
I have my room but I don't feel it's private enough. My room is located in a high traffic area of our house and so people are constantly walking past my door. I guess if I could afford to get some sort of streaming service, I could watch my shows on my phone. This way I could wear earbuds and they wouldn't be able to hear them. Also, my door closes but doesn't like to lock and while my parents are usually pretty good at knocking, they both (especially Mom) have occasionally forgotten to knock. I do have a teddy bear. My sister left all of her stuffed animals in her old room when she moved out and I picked one out that I liked. I sleep with him at night. He's easily hidden during the day.
dogboy said:
What you really need to do is find that special person to share you life with, someone who also would understand and accept you for who you are. My wife was one of those people and it made all the difference.
Yes. I've said that many times before. I just have no idea how that will happen.

Nick Jr. should have a free episode or two of PAW Patrol on their website, plus if you just look up ''watch cartoons online'' you should be able to find some other sites.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Nick Jr. should have a free episode or two of PAW Patrol on their website, plus if you just look up ''watch cartoons online'' you should be able to find some other sites.
Thanks. I was able to find a few episodes of PAW Patrol online. My favorite!

Reactions: Deleted member 44078
Back