Maximum Image Sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Haven't added any image URLs in a post since the inception of ADISC, so wanted to get a feel on the best image size range to be in. Don't want each image to come up so small to not see clearly, or come up too huge you have to scroll across the post to take it all in. What is the ideal size range, and is there a recommended max. size I should stay under? Thanks!

~Pramrider

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I'd say it shouldn't be any wider than 800 pixels, or maybe even 640. Depends a bit on how detailed the picture has to be to get the meaning across.

Peachy

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I tend to stick to 800x600 Though the hight isn't as important as the width.

I wouldn't go over 800 because still quite a few run 1024x840 and with the postbit on the side 800 works fine.

This is 800x600:

This is 640x480:

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Cropping you can even do with paint. Resizing I generally do with photobucket.

Fruitkitty

ADISC Content Editor
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I am a BIG fan of FastStone Image Viewer for all simple, general, and menial photo tasks:

FastStone Image Viewer - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

This program is designed to be used as a replacement for the standard photo viewer program built into windows. It's lightweight, quick, incredibly intuitive, and allows you to do all the basic things that you shouldn't need a slower, full-featured editor to do.

Basically, it's the simple useful kind of software that should come pre-installed on every computer but doesn't. I think it was at one point featured in the CNET "Windows Starter Kit" list, and though it no longer makes that list, it remains an excellent program.

Also available (though I don't use it much) is FastStone Image Resizer, which does batch edits/file conversions:

FastStone Photo Resizer - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Status
Not open for further replies.