Not open for further replies.

matty491

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Hi everyone, quick question here. After a messing in disposables do you have any advice on how to reduce the smell of it before it being thrown away like is there anything I can put into it to reduce the smell, I was thinking corn starch :') don't ask why but just a guess haha.

curious88

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone, quick question here. After a messing in disposables do you have any advice on how to reduce the smell of it before it being thrown away like is there anything I can put into it to reduce the smell, I was thinking corn starch :') don't ask why but just a guess haha.

Im not aware of anything.

matty491

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Hmm oh well actually wait! i wonder if saw dust might work hehe hey if it works on vomit why can't it work on fecal matter :')

cgh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
The best approach I've found is to contain the smell using scented diaper disposal bags. You can buy these made specifically for adult diapers but I've found that the ones for babies are usually big enough. For example, if you're in the UK these cheap bags from Tesco work well.

JoeMiller

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Dog poo bags work well. You need about 2 or 3 per diaper, but they do the job well.

jeremyi

Rep for DC
Company Rep
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well if you wanted to make the poop itself have no smell, try Nullo tablets -- they change your body chemistry to the point of your pee/poop having little or no odor. This'll make the changing process a little less unpleasant, and is worth investing in if you plan on messing often.

If you just wanted a spray that kills the odor well, use FDS spray. It's a spray you apply to the inside of the diaper before wearing or using it, and it'll control the smell very well.

L

Lozza1979

When I messed my nappy I emptied the mess into the toilet then used the shower head to clean the excess mess off the nappy into the toilet.This would help rid the smell of mess coming from the used nappy as much as possible.Then I bagged it up in a regular carrier bag then into a black bin liner then tied it up.It didn't smell at all.

To be honest though I felt messing in my nappy to be a crap experience.That is it smelled bloody awful and was still a time consuming pain to clean up.You will need to take a shower after as toilet roll and/or baby wipes just wont cut it.

sjm1225

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
i assume you're referring to masking it so no one knows about it. i was gonna say wear a mask, cos then you'd "MASK" the smell.
as far as i know, double bagging, opening a near-by window and taking a shower after is the solution.
For example when i lived in a metro region, we had a tiled bathroom floor and hated the idea of messing ones self in any other area of the house, even if i was home alone. so that was the place.
What i'm trying to say is If you're gonna do the business, have privacy, ventilation and access to a shower.

jsherwood

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent

I only pee in them. Not much smell.

Fascinating

Fascinating Lady - Fantastic in Plastic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
I use cornstarch. I had a half empty bottle of baby powder from when the kids were little and filled it the rest of the way up with cornstarch. It smells great and works well at reducing sweat under plastic. In my diaper pail I have about an inch of baking soda and it absorbs smell pretty well. When I washed my stash a few days later I did not smell a thing. Of course I do not mess a diaper so my advice is from a wetter only.

Paxe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You should really be removing and flushing as much of the mess out of the diaper as possible before it reaches the trash, which will reduce the smell although not eliminate it. The same is true of babies' diapers but many parents ignore this detail. It's not ideal from a hygiene standpoint to have large amounts of faeces travelling through solid waste streams and entering landfills, so the official line has always been to empty it into the toilet if possible or sluice it off if not.

As I like slick changes and I mess a lot of diapers, I have opted for the more expensive but convenient option of putting liners in the back to catch the bulk of the mess. Although intended to keep cloth diapers cleaner, they do the same job in disposables. If it's a firm one, no solids get onto the diaper at all, they stay in the liner which can be peeled off my bottom or tipped out and flushed away. If it's sticky, some might get round the edge of the liner but it's much less of a job to deal with than a full-on dirty diaper.

Of course the ultimate method of preventing your trash smelling of dirty diapers is not to throw them in the trash. The solution is a macerator that shreds them and flushes them down the drain. Intended for healthcare facilities, they're not cheap but one is on my shopping list if I win the lottery.

K

ksizzle1990

I've heard of the Nullo Tablets and I've heard they work well. I would try that or scented diaper bags

blackandgold12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
To mask any lingering smell, I've found that the best way to get rid of it is to light a match and blow it out after a few seconds. The smoke will overpower most smells, just BE CAREFUL!

I would do that, then keep my door closed for a bit. Then I would open the windows to clear everything out.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
A local radio talk show host was recently describing an incident where he walked into the living room of his home to find his young daughter watching TV, an enormous pile of dog poop on the floor directly in front of her. When he expressed dismay at the fact that she seemed to be ignoring the mess, his daughter replied, "Don't worry, Daddy, I Febrezed it!"

sjm1225

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I always thought lighting a match to mask the smell was an urban myth. So does that really work?

dlfe77

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
If u want to cut the smell down put some dryer sheets over the mess then roll the diaper up... it works

Status
Not open for further replies.