Mario Kart:Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaactheman

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I made this thread for people who have bought Mario Kart:Wii and a place to share tips and/or Friend Codes.Anywayz My friend Code is 1418-7135-2400 so if you want to add me post here or else it won't show up =-/

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't have a wii, but i'd be happy to pwn you if i did. I was the best of my friends at double dash, and we were all really good. We beat an online record for the best lap time at baby park, and unlocked the staff ghost.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I heard that Nintendo screwed the game on the local multi-player and considering I don't have wi-fi or high speed even I see no reason to get it right now. I'd much rather save what money I run by for a 360 package from Costco.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i think this game is awesome... i enjoy the localized wi-fi matches and i don't see any problem other than its mario kart-esque redundancy.

F

FullMetal

I just got it today. It's really fun. The only thing is the steering, it really does take some getting used to, but I believe once you get it you can really enjoy the game.

完全な金属

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I would never use that stupid wii wheel...I can already imagine it killing the whole driving experience, and not even being close to realistic.

If i had that game, I would plug in a controller (not the wii mote at all), and play like that. Call me classic, but I played a driving game on the wii like that before, and I was very upset with the gameplay. In fact, overall, i'm upset with nintendo for the way they went with the wii. No wonder Rare jumped off the boat 3 years ago...Nintendo used to have the edge, but they've lost it to Xbox for now. You can argue you that all you want, but it's true. Xbox and PS3 have WAY better games...AND Capabilities...You don't see a GTAIV for Wii now do ya?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I was at costco and they were selling Mario Kart for 43.99 So I bought it. I will say its pretty cool but I used the Wii Wheel on the frist race and steering wasn't that great. It felt to slow so I plugged in my nunchuk and raced that way. It feels a LOT better. I can't wait till my friends come over I got two wiimotes, two nunchuk's and a gamecube pad.

But all in all the game isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. If you liked mario kart you should like this one.

Also Brian the company rare is dumb now, perfect dark zero wasn't that great at all. The reason is most of the rare team from the golden nintendo age left the company and started the company Free Radical the makers of the great FPS games Time Splitters.

I won't deny I don't want a 360 (I plan to buy one) but the Wii has great titles like SSBB and "The Conduit" is looking to be one of the best First Person Shooter games from a pretty unknown 3rd party company.

Also I only see one game thats exclusive to the PS3 I want and thats MGS4. I just bought my 7th Wii game. But Wii/360 combo is going to be a great gaming setup. PC gaming is cool but it costs a lot and they got to wait months before they see ports.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I would never use that stupid wii wheel...I can already imagine it killing the whole driving experience, and not even being close to realistic.

If i had that game, I would plug in a controller (not the wii mote at all), and play like that. Call me classic, but I played a driving game on the wii like that before, and I was very upset with the gameplay. In fact, overall, i'm upset with nintendo for the way they went with the wii. No wonder Rare jumped off the boat 3 years ago...Nintendo used to have the edge, but they've lost it to Xbox for now. You can argue you that all you want, but it's true. Xbox and PS3 have WAY better games...AND Capabilities...You don't see a GTAIV for Wii now do ya?
Did you know that Wii sales are leading PS3 and X360? In fact, Wii's are selling faster than the X360 and PS3 combine. I would say this is Nintendo's finest system. As for no FPS, it hurts. I want GTA4, but I wouldn't trade my Wii in for any other system. WiiSports alone makes it better than the other systems. With Wii Kart, SSBB and the upcoming Star Fox (it has to happen), I don't see any reason why Wii sales wont continue to sky rocket. As for capabilities, the WiiMote does amazing things, and the motion sensor is fairly well done. The only downside is the lack of HD compatibility, which isn't really an issue since most people don't have a High Def TV.

I unlocked my Mii and I fit in a stroller. XD

Last edited:

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Also Brian the company rare is dumb now, perfect dark zero wasn't that great at all.
Well, you are right about perfect dark being a crappy game, but that's because it was a Launch Title for the 360. But Rare is a great company, and if they left Nintendo, they left for a good reason (or 2). Either Microsoft offered them more money, or they noticed the hole in the side of Nintendo's ship, and decided to take an early rescue boat before it goes Titanic.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
We'll be getting it some time soon.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private

Maybe, but there's The Godfather for the Wii. And you don't see a Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Xbox 360, do you?

Also, lots of independent organizations have proven that the Wii still sells much more than the 360 and the PS3.
Please take a look at this article.

If you're going to say Mario Kart Wii sucks, you don't need to post.

Well, you are right about perfect dark being a crappy game, but that's because it was a Launch Title for the 360. But Rare is a great company, and if they left Nintendo, they left for a good reason (or 2). Either Microsoft offered them more money, or they noticed the hole in the side of Nintendo's ship, and decided to take an early rescue boat before it goes Titanic.
That's really weird, because Wii Sports is great, and it's a Wii launch title. Any Wii owner would admit it.
Super Mario 64 was a great Nintendo 64 launch title, too.

So that's not an excuse.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Dude I said most of the team left rare to go start Free Radical. The company that makes Time Splitters and they said Time Spitters 4 might be coming to the Wii. The reason perfect dark zero kind of sucked and was unlike the frist perfect dark is the team that worked on the frist perfect dark left. They were the ones leaving the sinking ship and it was called Rare not Nintendo.

Oh Also if your talking that you played Excite Truck as your first Wii driving I will admit the controls are a little rough at first but over time I adjusted to it and was racing like a pro Excite Truck was a awesome launch title for the Wii. I also loved I could play my mp3's off my SD card while racing.

Also Elebits was a great Wii launch title same with Rayman Raving Rabbids.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Also, many reviews praised the Wii Wheel, commenting on how the controls felt realistic and smooth, as opposed to what you're saying. I've read only one review on GTA4, which said the controls totally sucked, just like the frame rate.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Also, many reviews praised the Wii Wheel, commenting on how the controls felt realistic and smooth, as opposed to what you're saying. I've read only one review on GTA4, which said the controls totally sucked, just like the frame rate.
I Do not really like the Wii Wheel but I am used to it now after a few hours and learning most of the new tracks layouts. I am best with the Wiimote/nunchuck combo though. B to power slide, and Z to shoot Items, C to look back stick to steer. Also you can't even look back when using the Wiimote/Wii Wheel. I also don't think you can hold a shell or peel behind your kart/bike.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I Do not really like the Wii Wheel but I am used to it now after a few hours and learning most of the new tracks layouts. I am best with the Wiimote/nunchuck combo though. B to power slide, and Z to shoot Items, C to look back stick to steer. Also you can't even look back when using the Wiimote/Wii Wheel. I also don't think you can hold a shell or peel behind your kart/bike.
I don't have it, but there *is* a way, just check the controls or something. They wouldn't make a brand-new controller that can't even do that.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't have it, but there *is* a way, just check the controls or something. They wouldn't make a brand-new controller that can't even do that.
Ok its the A button lol. In the game it dose not even say it but it details all 4 setups in the booklet. Still the Wiimote and nunchuk is the best combo. I just wish I could replace B with Z and Vice Versa. Oh and the Wii Wheel is not a new controller its just a plastic shell you shove a Wiimote into.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
also, if you press left or right on the D-pad instead of forwards or back, then you hold it

the0silent0alchemist

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i played mario kart recently, courtesy of E.G.G he electronic gamers guild, an organization that is part of the UTS union, anyway every friday they set up what looks lke two wii's (one of the wii's is dedicated to the playing of SSBB) and the other plays other random games like the zelda game wth the wiishooter ut today it was mariokart wii
other games included, GTA4 on one of the XBOX360's and the other is dedicated solely to guitar hero, the PS2 s generally occupied by the kick ass game soul calibur3 and last bt not least there was a gamecube which played SSBM most of the time

my attention is normally divided between soul calibur first and foremost, and smash brothers (either version)
but last friday here was a third pull, and that was mariokart wii, playing that game was one of the funnest things i had done (i was baby peach in the booster/pram ^_^) one of the better things about it was that it had a HUGE host of levels including remastered verions of courses from the N64 and evn a couple from the SNES (super nintendo)
the inclusion of variable vehcles and more challenging levels was VERY satisfying, and the fact that turning the controll physcally caused steering either way was FUN, no other way of describing it it remindedme fondl of when younger cousins tried to play games lke mariokart on the N64 often resulted in them desperately tilting the control to make them turn sharper, only for them to crash and me remind them that the stik makes you turn..
well now those childish antics would actually work, and i love it that way, in fact that sensor driven system i think is the best thing abot wii, my younger brother reakons its not nearly worthi it compared to the PS3 but DAMN its fun to play, specially games like twilight princess or wii sports

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Ok its the A button lol. In the game it dose not even say it but it details all 4 setups in the booklet. Still the Wiimote and nunchuk is the best combo. I just wish I could replace B with Z and Vice Versa. Oh and the Wii Wheel is not a new controller its just a plastic shell you shove a Wiimote into.
It counts as a controller, because it makes you play in a different way.

Even if it's not the most accurate controller, it's not a reason to say it sucks and ruins the game. It's just a pretext to spam, especially considering that he doesn't even have the game.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
It counts as a controller, because it makes you play in a different way.

Even if it's not the most accurate controller, it's not a reason to say it sucks and ruins the game. It's just a pretext to spam, especially considering that he doesn't even have the game.
If you play by the Wii remote itself without the Wii Wheel the game will still think your using the Wheel. It does not really make your play in a different way. I don't think it ruins the game but I have MUCH better control using the Wii Remote/Nunchuck.

Oh and to anyone who wants it heres my friend code for Mario Kart Wii. 2320-6733-5518 my Mii's name is Tim. Now can you guess my first name?

Status
Not open for further replies.