Not open for further replies.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]While trying to post in the Linux User's Group, I couldn't find the "Create New Discussion" button. So I looked in one of my groups "Gamers" to see where it was. It was in the right place there. So I checked the setting that controls this. And what do I find?

The "Only owner can create discussions" box. Ticked. I've never ticked this, and other people have created discussions in that group. A quick check reveals all my other groups, except the alternate devices crowd, have had this box checked. It defintely wasn't me who ticked it.

Did anything bulk trigger this box to be checked? I've looked in other groups and a lot of them have this setting on. (Obviously I can't tell if it's intentional or not with other people's groups.

EDIT: Groups formerly set to anyone can post (and therefore possible affected (some of these are probably intentional)) from a quick check through my groups.
Group - Owner
Gamers - Me (fixed)
Programmers - Me (fixed)
Kids Cartoons - Me (fixed)
IRC Stalkers - Akira
The Glasses Group - Pojo
IRC regulars - catty0320
The Blanket Club - redtails (owner banned)
Photography Group - pojo
ADISC's German Speakers - mzk
64 bit club - UnMarth (fixed)
learning disabilites - Eric
Linux User's Group - danny
Swimmers - SilverStar
People With Paci's - Pojo
Sci Fi and Horror Group - Icey
Computers - Martin
Book Club - Cupcake
[/font]

AByHeaven

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Yea actually that is a problem. Most would find it rather annoying to post and join to....

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
All existing groups should now be set so that any of their members can create new discussions/threads in the group.

Group owners, however, have the option to change this setting for the groups they own.

If it turns out that giving owners this option results in a lot of needlessly closed groups, I may reconsider allowing group owners to change this setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.