Many ABDL creators/artists have just had their accounts shut down on Patreon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RearTykeUniverse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Mostly western artists that I know of; most notably sketchman. Many more as well, and I’m quite sure there’s more to follow.

The stated reason for their removal was ‘…zero tolerance towards sexualisation of children’, which is a very poor take because those creators had taken specific steps to make it abundantly clear that everyone involved in their works were 18+.

Their safety team appears to have made the classic “ABDL = pedo” misjudgment, and that is incredibly disappointing to see.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: ABDLKiddo509, TigerDL, LaLoneDigi and 13 others
Unfortunately this mind set still exists
I know a few people like this

Changing their mind is impossible they are firmly set
Sadly it's been the way some think for years now
Some how acting / dressing like a child = likes kids
unfortunately world is less understanding these days than even 5 years ago.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: ABDLKiddo509, MegaLugia, baliebox4916 and 2 others
I think Casey said it best in that Vice video. "Some people think the A in AB/DL stands for something other than Adult"

I think the irony is we're probably the most anti-pedo group there is. At least I am. I'd have a hard time not getting violent if I knew of someone that had actually sexually violated a child in my vicinity.

Reactions: ABDLKiddo509, perlFerret, TigerDL and 16 others
But those of us who want to be like children but not want to be with children and just be ourselves they want to condemn. That makes me angry too.

Reactions: ABDLKiddo509, soggybottoms8882, MegaLugia and 1 other person
There was another topic on this yesterday. Is there a statement from Patreon somewhere? If so, I'd be interested to read it. Looks like most of the babyfur artists I follow still have their accounts, so perhaps furry stuff is getting a pass for now, provided it doesn't mention ABDL?

I did a bit of searching, and it seems Patreon has cracked down on adult content in the past, stating that it was their payment processors, not their own leadership, who demanded the change. I wonder if that's the claim this time as well.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: littledub1955, MegaLugia, Diaperboy27 and 1 other person
I saw a YouTube post from one of my favorite Abdl content creators and it greatly disappointed me. The general public needs to be educated about how ABDL does NOT equal pedophilia. I’m not sure about how to do it. Stigmas really are discouraging.

Reactions: ABDLKiddo509, OscarS, Ian16545 and 5 others
Payment Processors = Credit Card = Banks = Washington DC Influence
Kind of like the same thing that is happening with Second Amendment suppliers /buyers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: TrashPanda01, babyboy, MegaLugia and 13 others
littledub1955 said:
Yet they're perfectly fine with Transgender men going to public schools to read books to 5 and 6 year old children. I'm okay with transgenders interacting with adults but when they start wanting to be with little children I draw the line. Things like that make me angry.
Sorry, I know this is a side-note, but why on earth would it not be OK for a transgender person reading to a child? That seems pretty intolerant and transphobic to me.

Reactions: Dinotopian2002, LittleLeahx, Ian16545 and 5 others
More proof of the narrow-mindedness of most of the world. Judge something they don't understand because they don't want to take the time to.

Reactions: AJFan2020, Marting and SparkyDog
I guess we all have different boundaries when it comes to what is or isn’t acceptable. I’m purely DL, but I have enormous admiration for those who have a ‘little side’ and who have the confidence to express their feelings with plushies, AB attire and all of the accoutrements to enjoy the AB lifestyle, that’s lovely, precious and it’s a part of what makes them who they are. Being comfortable and being able to express ourselves and embrace our true identity is only to be encouraged and appreciated.

I also hugely appreciate the warmth, support and kindness I have received from people on this forum, from all parts of the ABDL community.

But, and it’s quite a big but, what I do personally have a problem with is the kind of topic posting such as ‘how long did you stay in a wet diaper when you were a child’ or similar, because this inevitably brings the mention of younger people into the equation and I personally find these kinds of topics potentially unhealthy salacious. Such conversations do bring the ABDL community into a potentially harmful situation regarding the perception of the general population. In fact, I find this kind of topic very disturbing, and has led me to consider closing my ADISC account on several occasions, as well as making me feel uncomfortable about some aspects of the ABDL community.

If I feel this way as a DL, with a knowledge and feeling and empathy for the lifestyle, one can easily see how this can so easily be seen in a very bad light by society in general. It’s actually the reason why many organisations would be very wary of being seen to be complicit.

I appreciate we’re all different, but it’s easy to see how confusion and misconceptions about us and our community occurs.

Reactions: McClayne, pricekassad, ItsTimmyTime and 8 others
DLmikey said:
But, and it’s quite a big but, what I do personally have a problem with is the kind of topic posting such as ‘how long did you stay in a wet diaper when you were a child’ or similar, because this inevitably brings the mention of younger people into the equation and I personally find these kinds of topics potentially unhealthy salacious. Such conversations do bring the ABDL community into a potentially harmful situation regarding the perception of the general population. In fact, I find this kind of topic very disturbing, and has led me to consider closing my ADISC account on several occasions, as well as making me feel uncomfortable about some aspects of the ABDL community.
I agree.

There are so many threads regarding doing something in your childhood or younger days.
I find it a bit weird as the same activities have become sexual to the same people.

And it seems a bit weird. Atleast according to me.

Yep parkerlongabaugh is gone too

Again...there was no flinching when ACT-UP members were caught at a Seattle schoolyard fence, slipping leaflets to schoolchildren which showed sex positions, techniques and their names...it was hushed up. Isn't it odd how society chooses their witch hunts?

Oh, and BTW: this isn't the first controversy Patreon has wandered into.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: ABDLKiddo509, MegaLugia, skylanderpamp and 4 others
littledub1955 said:
Yet they're perfectly fine with Transgender men going to public schools to read books to 5 and 6 year old children. I'm okay with transgenders interacting with adults but when they start wanting to be with little children I draw the line. Things like that make me angry.
So you think transgender people shouldn't be allowed to interact with children??? On what grounds? That's absurd.

Reactions: Marting, Woncrinklz and mistykitty
Prillprillprill said:
So you think transgender people shouldn't be allowed to interact with children??? On what grounds? That's absurd.
I think it's okay...but not with an aim at presenting the matter. Just be human: read a story to 'em, help 'em with a problem or homework, encourage them. The rest is up to Mom & Dad.

• Love
Reactions: ABDLKiddo509, perlFerret, skylanderpamp and 5 others
BobbiSueEllen said:
Again...there was no flinching when ACT-UP members were caught at a Seattle schoolyard fence, slipping leaflets to schoolchildren which showed sex positions, techniques and their names...it was hushed up. Isn't it odd how society chooses their witch hunts?

Oh, and BTW: this isn't the first controversy Patreon has wandered into.
WTF is an ACT-UP member? Never heard this. I must live in a cave LOL

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater
DLmikey said:

If I feel this way as a DL, with a knowledge and feeling and empathy for the lifestyle, one can easily see how this can so easily be seen in a very bad light by society in general. It’s actually the reason why many organisations would be very wary of being seen to be complicit.

I appreciate we’re all different, but it’s easy to see how confusion and misconceptions about us and our community occurs.
This is a difficult topic. I don’t see how to draw a line between longingly or nostalgically recollecting childhood experiences with diapers and other staples of ABDL practice… like role playing and trying to think about oneself as a baby. What is the difference?

I think the relevant question is whether children are ever themselves made the object of sexual desire. They aren’t when one fantasizes about being a baby. They aren’t also when one recalls wearing diapers in one’s childhood.

I agree that the optics are not great.

Reactions: MegaLugia, mistykitty, AJFan2020 and 1 other person
Sealander said:
I think the relevant question is whether children are ever themselves made the object of sexual desire.
After enduring the 1990/2000s/2010s sexualization of children via clothing, television and 'role models' like divas and socialites--especially in an episode of South Park and their "Stupid Spoiled Wh*re" schtick--that blame is best reserved for certain, stupid people who dared call themselves "parents" of these kids immersed in it. They declared it "empowered" their kids...no, it gave parents the horrid opportunity to live vicariously through their sexualized kids. Talk about child exploitation. And the rest of the world swallowed it whole.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABDLKiddo509, MegaLugia, skylanderpamp and 4 others
OK..so they have a good idea..end AIDS. WTF would giving 5-6yr old kids advice on sexual ANYTHING do to end AIDS???? NOTHING! When the fuck are people going to recognize that 5-6 year old CHILDREN don't even know what the fuck gender is, let alone sex????? WTF is wrong with these fucking morons? AWWWWWWWWGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! (me yelling)

• Wow
Reactions: ABDLKiddo509, soggybottoms8882, MegaLugia and 4 others
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back