Status
Not open for further replies.

Walak

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hello friends!

I recently acquired a wonderful sizable raise at work for the year! And i wanted to take that raise and make my own custom diaper to use for the indefinite future.

I was looking for a manufacturer who could make me around 36,000 diapers, so that i never have to buy them again! I do not want to resell them by any means i just want my own personalized diaper made to my specifications. If any of you have any advice/details/reccomendations as to where i should look to find such a supplier please let me know!

Thanks all
Walak

- - - Updated - - -

And I've already tried to contact pretty much every online ABDL store to have them process this order for me and none of agreed so it seems i need to go to above their heads :(

I would contact the Pampers people (Proctor and Gamble Co.) to see if they can accommodate you or have a supplier. Or, maybe get some equipment and start a small time manufacturing operation that wouldn't necessarily make 36,000 diapers all at once, but maybe over time.

Having said that, are you set for life? I mean do you have a house and a car? I would think that at 19 you would be more interested in a permanent long term goal of a house or property that will last awhile. Just my :twocents:

I have no experience or any clue in this area at all, but how much would those online stores be able to stock you? Instead of buying for a lifetime supply, you could try buying a year's worth from them.

If you limited yourself to about 3 a day, with cases of 48. You would only need 23 cases.

Or in Confidry 24/7's case, 72 for around 120$. Which in that case you'd only need about 16.

Which would only be about 2 grand minus shipping and tax. Which isn't that bad for a whole year's worth of diapers. Assuming you're wearing 3 a day for every single day of the entire year.

But then again I just realized you wanted CUSTOM diapers..... Which voids all of the cool math I did in google's calculator. Still good information for people though, 2k USD for an entire year's worth and possibly more of diapers.

Alibaba.com
You can order from the same Chinese manufacturers the ABDL companies order from.

It is a bad idea to buy a lifetime worth of diapers all at once for a few reasons:

Storage- You need a large, climate controlled, pest proof, space that will never flood, have a pipe leak or sewer backup. And if you ever need to move they have to come with you.

Shelf Life- Taped diaper have a manufacturer recommended shelf life of 5 years. They last longer but at some point they will degrade.

Fit- you are betting that you will never gain or lose enough weight to go up or down a size.

Quality control- If your first and only batch of diapers is not up to specs you are boned. Not many ABDL companies make the same exact diaper they did when they started for this reason.

Binge and Purge- At some point in your life this might not seam like a good idea.

If you have 15 grand or more to play with at your age there are much better things to do with it than buy a shipping container of diaper for personal use. I am not sure where you live but putting a downpayment on a house and building a fully stock nursery is doable.

Thank you all for the input. Financially speaking I feel very comfortable and just want to find somewhere to make me custom diapers. with the above comments 36,000 seems like overkill. But maybe 1,000 custom diapers. I want them to be fully padded (everywhere) and i want them to be bulkier and have a higher capacity than anything on the market. I also want my own custom design. Price is NO problem here, i will pay whatever is needed to get what i want. I work for my dad and have a hefty trust fund so if you all have any ideas let me know :D

Dang. I wish I had that kind of money. Good for you.

When you get into doing some of those custom orders from Alibaba.com, you'll have to see what the minimum order amounts are. They might require you to order several thousand, before they do the work to re-tool their machines or whatever else is needed to make your custom diapers. But yeah, like WilkRoseBaby was saying, you'll need to make sure that you have something like a shipping container or something of equal storage space to be able to hold everything.

Awesome thanks guys, i have been able to pinpoint a few manufacturers and should this all go through ill definitely update you all on how they turn out. :D

Well, and consider this: You're probably not the only person here who wants the diaper you're proposing to create. Rather than go it alone, you might consider approaching ABU, Tykables, or whoever makes your current favorite AB/DL diaper and pitch your diaper idea to them. Tell them that you'd like to partner with them on it and that you'll assume most/all of the financial risk on the production fees, import taxes, etc. See if something can be worked out. They may have some ideas to share with you, and who knows? It could turn into something good for everybody.

Cottontail said:
Well, and consider this: You're probably not the only person here who wants the diaper you're proposing to create. Rather than go it alone, you might consider approaching ABU, Tykables, or whoever makes your current favorite AB/DL diaper and pitch your diaper idea to them. Tell them that you'd like to partner with them on it and that you'll assume most/all of the financial risk on the production fees, import taxes, etc. See if something can be worked out. They may have some ideas to share with you, and who knows? It could turn into something good for everybody.

Yes! This is a great suggestion! Share the love

Cottontail has a good idea. Those companies would already have the connections in place that would allow them to contact a plant that produces them, and might be able to get something made quicker. Plus, with companies that have produced diapers before, they'd be able to give you tips and information, if something in your design wasn't going to work. They could help and offer their experience and advise. Having them produced with a company would help you to not have to stockpile a large amount, since there'd be a quicker turn over on the product.

If it was me, I'd invest the 15,000 and buy diapers from the profits that over the long run, should keep on giving.

I am pretty sure the minimum order for a custom batch is a seacan full which is probably more than 36,000.

Upon further research it seems virtually impossible to make my custom diaper unless i vertically integrate the product by myself. Manufacturing is geared towards distribution and I currently have little aspiration to start my own store. A diaper with all around padding (including the wings) and with a practically unreasonable amount of capacity, paired with a premium quality plastic shell, landing zone, and industrial tapes, tied together with a cute design, might someday be a reality. But for now will remain a dream.
Im just a kid, that loves diapers
Maybe ill ask for a diaper machine next christmas :wallbash:

That would be a great idea. Except that kind of supply would last you 20-something years. Believe it or not, diapers have an "expiration date" given by the factory of roughly 3 years. After a time, the components break down - the polymers don't work as well, the adhesive weakens or dries up on the tabs, and eventually the diapers develop that same musty smell you get from really old, 30+ year old books. You would get a killer deal though, if you decided to go through with it anyway! You'll just need a decent size room to store it all.

As great of an idea as that sounds, I believe some of the above replies are correct, their shelf life is somewhat limited. Have you tried any US manufactures?? There's one in PA (they also have another plant in GA), called First Quality [ http://www.firstquality.com/ I also suggest Googling that name, for more info-it even includes a map of their location]. In one of my previous jobs, I used to haul 46,000 lbs of SAP from TX (that warehouse claimed, they had over 6 million pounds of SAP, inside there-damn, someone is buying a lot of diapers somewhere) to their plant in PA, several times a month [funny, delivering diaper making materials to a plant that makes thousands of diapers per minutes and walking inside, seeing millions of diapers, in their shipping side of the warehouse and me wearing a diaper-would cause strange tingles, to run up my spine], well, that company also sub-contracts, to make somewhere between 35 to 40 other brands, for other companies, that don't have the equipment to manufacturer, but hold the design/brand name patients.

If you really want to play diaper try buying some good cloth ( mine ran $20,000 including the overpant, but not including the 300 or so different onesies I own). Loading up on disposables is risky,expensive and takes a he'll of a lot of climate controlled storage.

I myself have a huge back stock of disposables,so much so that I regularly give away 10 or so cases,just to increase the amount of space I have for the rest of my life. If you have a near endless supply of "dadylacs" you may feel like you don't need to prepare yourself for the rest of your life the important thing to realize though is nothing is recession or depression proof in business, times change, business changes,people change prepare for that before it eats your lunch for you, buying custom made disposables may seem like a great idea but it's not.

One piece of information I try to always impart in people your age is be proactive and not reactive. Now off my soap box.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back