Manual or Automatic

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm just wondering, for those of you who drive or want to, would you prefer a car with a standard manual transmission or an automatic. I'll go for a stick shift any day of the week, but I was at a dealer that probably had 100 cars on the lot, only 4 of them were stick. I'm just wondering what everyone would prefer.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
le Auto. It's easier. Less stress out of my life. I can't multitask, so stick shifts are out.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Automatic, much easier to concentrate on the road, or I think it would be.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I love to drive standard transmission cars, I have 2 sticks, and 1 automatic, you will always get better fuel mileage out of a standard, because you choose what gear you want to be in and for how long you want to be in that gear,plus they are geared a little higher than auto trans cars.

With auto. trans cars they go thru every gear when you start out, wasteing fuel,with a stick, you can avoid gears if you have enough speed up to do so.

With my standard cars I pull out in 1st, and most of the time hit 3rd, and then 5th very rarely do I go thru all the gears, sometimes with the vette I like to push the gears a little harder if I'm in the mood.

Role
Diaper Lover
Stick, 1 Cause I'm a man 2 For the lulz, 3 for more control, and 4 1/2 for the gas?

Role
Private
You guys are all so soft. :p

I drive a manual and absolutely love it. It gives you a lot more control over your car and is a lot more fun than just always having two hands on the wheel and one foot working the pedals. Not to mention if the transmission fails, it's cheaper to replace. Plus it's just a nice skill to have in case the need to use it ever arises.

Before I got my licence, I thought I'd only ever want to drive an automatic, but since my parents cars were both manual, I had no choice. After getting the hang of it, I have a good time driving around. Having to change gears and working pedals with both feet keeps you alert and focused on your driving, as you have to always assess the situation and act accordingly. You aren't just sitting there going *Brake* *Accelerate* *Brake* *Accelerate*, etc...

Role
Diaper Lover
Gotta love how I just post something simple. Someone rolls over my post with wall of text that reduces my intelligence by 10

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I learned on a stick so their no big deal. Like Lukie said their easy to repair or replace. Also you can push start the car if the batery is died and you get better mileage.

Sadly I drive an auto right now, bought it so my Ex could drive it back before she left.

Nam

Role
Diaper Lover
Stick all the way, cause of the reasons Mr. Alex said... Plus its really damn fun!

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Flappy paddle! Okay, so they don't really work, but they're still awesome.

By the way, a flappy paddle gearbox is similar to a manual, except it has two clutches and you select gear by two paddles on the steering wheel.

tiger_stripes

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
rather drive manual but will drive auto if have too. baggers can't be choosers when buying a car really. especially when you have a low price range.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I don't drive yet but would want a manual, I'm a control freak. This i a part of that.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I learned on a stick. In fact, car #2 was also a stick. But since then they have all been automatics. Living in the Blueridge Mountains, sticks are a bit difficult. I had a friend years ago who had a '69 Roadrunner, 389 4 barrel and 4 on the floor. Man was that fun to drive!

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Well I learned on a Auto, though when I got my curent car the dealer was willing to drop the price 2000 because I said I could not drive a stick. My folks looked at me and siad I could learn. And I did. To this day I like manual better. I can conrole it far better, gas as we know is used less. Though I think the parts that I like the best is that I can engin break and save my breaks if I want to, and when every I need to drive somones car I do not have to worry if I know how to drive it.

In Highschool I had the funny little car that everyone wanted to take for a spin, so we would swap keys for a day. I got to drive all sorts of little things, but the spots cars were all stick. So I was out of luck while they got to have a ball in my little purple thing. Now I can drive anything but a paddle shifter, but only because I have never tried that.

Also the Car that DF is Sooooo proud of he got befor he new how to drive a stick. So I got to be the one to drive that monster around for two weeks while he flogged around in my beater manual.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I'm lazy, so I prefer to drive an automatic, preferrably one with cruise control....but I can drive a stick, if necessary (I have done so in the past).

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I would have said automatic, except about a year ago I bought a manual transmission car. Like DarkFinn, they gave me a good deal on it because it was a stick and apparently they had a hard time selling it. Since then, it's pretty much all I've driven and I've grown to like it. So, I voted stick.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I prefer a manual over an automatic. Manuals are faster and get better fuel mileage... plus they are more fun to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.