Making/stuffing a diaper to ridiculous thickness

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Is your diaper too flat? Not absorbant enough? Do you like poofiness?
Just follow this guide...

Although it is somewhat more work, this method doesnt require slits in insert diapers, sap spilling out etc etc... It is all contained in the outermost diaper.

Materials to start out with (just my choice, anything absorbent works)

Click all images to see high rez

From left to right : Abena X-Plus M4, Forma Care medium X-plus, two baby diapers Libero size 7, Pampers underjams xl

IMG_0073.jpg

Ruffle the outside of the outermost diaper (in this case Abena) to separate the padding from the plastic. (it is glued somehow on the inside)
Pinch the outer shell and rip open the plastic shell and padding

IMG_0075.jpg

Take a scissor and cut away all the sidings and elastic of the insert diaper (in this case the Forma Care)

IMG_0077.jpg

Fold open the baby diaper...

IMG_0081.jpg

Pinch and rip off the sidings and elastics of the baby diapers

IMG_0083.jpg

Trim off the bottom and top elastics with a scissor

IMG_0085.jpg

Do the same to the Underjams, rip off the sides and cut off top and bottom elastics. Note the lenght difference of the padding from the size 7 diapers.

IMG_0087.jpg

Ruffle the outside of the baby diapers to weaken the adhesive glue.
Pinch the outer layer and peal off the top layer.

IMG_0089.jpg

Two baby diapers with topsheaths removed and a underjam placed on top

IMG_0091.jpg

Pinch the plastic on the insert diaper and open it up in the back

IMG_0079.jpg

Grab the bunch in the front...

IMG_0093.jpg

.. and insert into the stuffer diaper...

IMG_0095.jpg

Take the stuffer diaper and put it in the main diaper..

IMG_0097.jpg

Two pics showing the stuffed diaper back side and inside

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

Folded in three just like the original to the right

IMG_0103.jpg

You won't be able to wear normal pants over this diaper and it WILL make you waddle.

Have fun :D

lilkayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I do something similar however the problem i see doing it that way is that without cutting slits in between each diaper, the top most diaper will be saturated and the fluids wont be able to reach the other diapers.

ShortGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I do something similar however the problem i see doing it that way is that without cutting slits in between each diaper, the top most diaper will be saturated and the fluids wont be able to reach the other diapers.

If you take a closer look on the pics, you will see that the only barriers/outer plastic are facing away from the body.
Nothing hinders fluids from going through the layers and no cutting required.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This is the way I stuff diapers too, though I normally don't use that many diaper inserts. This is also a great way to make cheap diapers like Wings or First Quality diapers perform like higher end diapers. What is also nice for some is that the printed pattern of the baby diaper or goodnite will show through the outer diaper when wet.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I don't go to the extreme of attempt to stuff a factory made adult disposable diaper. I trim around the outer elastic and plastic similar to the 077 jpg photo except that I make v shaped slits on the cloth or plastic backing with scissors. Most are then cut in half and positioned to the front half of the diaper as boosters.

My typical diaper change at home or on long driving trips:

It's all about layers:

10 to 12 Layers consisting of

From inside to outer covering:

One - Vintage Depend Belted Shield with buttons modified as a booster worn with straps
One - Tena Superfit More Absorbant Protective Underwear (Pull-up) Super Plus modified as a booster - worn as a pull-up
Four – Tranquility TopLiner Booster Contour Pads
One – Whole Coviden Kendall Wings Plastic Backed Adult Disposable Diaper modified as a full booster
One – Medline Fit Right Brief Ultra (as main outer diaper)
Four – White cotton briefs (Hanes and Fruit of the Loom men’s underwear) Yeah! WhiteyTighties!

One – Salk Sani-Pant water-proof plastic pants

NikJ

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Good tutorial, thanks for taking the time to write it up.

A couple of quick questions though - do you ever have any issues with SAP leaking from the open 'hole' at the top of the outermost diaper?

And do you ever rip the outer shell too much? Do you have to be pretty gentle with it or...?

littlebaby21

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I did it and was great, but i had to waddle to walk. But it held really great

keithandre1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I love it!!! I have put pampers size 6 or whatever inside my usual diaper as an extra whether depends or ab etc and it seems to leak out so fast on the bottom not even touching my bigger diaper!!! i try to fold them and it still dont work Thanks Ill give it a try!!!!!

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

A couple of quick questions though - do you ever have any issues with SAP leaking from the open 'hole' at the top of the outermost diaper?

And do you ever rip the outer shell too much? Do you have to be pretty gentle with it or...?

Personally I never had an issue with sap escaping out the back. Some diapers you open up like a bag of potato chips, some you need to be very gentle to avoid tearing the outer shell, and some are glued together so well you have to cut them open from the inside. Maybe next week when I ave more time I will show some examples.

ShortGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur

I was just about to answer, but barkd74 beat me to it.
And used almost the exact same words I was going to use :D

lilkayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
If you take a closer look on the pics, you will see that the only barriers/outer plastic are facing away from the body.
Nothing hinders fluids from going through the layers and no cutting required.

Actually I take back what I said, your method actually works better than mines, but requires more prep time :) but it should work better. Anyways thanks for the tip :)

SpAzpieSweeTot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Will it work for adult pull-ups as the outermost? I imagine I'd be picky about booster coverage & don't need super thickness or capacity. It's more a matter of consistent feel. Abena Abri-Let Maxis hold too much, Abri-Let Anatomic are too short, so maybe a Libero size 7 or Night Comfort as an insert?

Last edited:

ShortGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Will it work for adult pull-ups as the outermost? I imagine I'd be picky about booster coverage & don't need super thickness or capacity. It's more a matter of consistent feel. Abena Abri-Let Maxis hold too much, Abri-Let Anatomic are too short, so maybe a Libero size 7 or Night Comfort as an insert?

I don't know. I have never tried it with pull-up style diapers before.

It should work, if you can open it up without too much trouble. The many elastics in pull-ups could get in the way or get damaged.

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Most pull-ups aren't wide enough in the crotch to be able to have boosters in it. It will probably compromise the minimal leg gatherers that they have in them already.

For you guys that like thick diapers once in a while. I consider to go with cloth, I am a disposable diaper lover at heart but making ultra thick diapers are quite expensive over time.

I have bought a cloth diaper from baby-pants.com and a dozen pre-fold diapers from Wal-Mart. This makes quite a thick diaper. If you buy a size up than what you would normally fit in, you can also add a bath towel for added thickness. I wear a single Bambino underneath that combination and it works great. Sometimes I stuff the cloth diaper in the Bambino diaper and it works great too. I spent $40 on this combination and have been using it for over a year now. It's less wasteful considering the diapers and the money you would spend on wearing multiple diapers with multiple booster pads.

I also have plastic pants from baby pants that are over sized but fit. I fit in a large plastic pant, but with the elasticity I'm able to wear a 3XL Gerber white plastic pant from Baby-Pants as well.

I also don't use pins. I use Snappi fasteners that are really easy to use and make the cloth diaper fit very well and it doesn't feel like it's going to fall off.

The initial cost can be high but my diapers are lasting far longer. I'm also wasting less money on disposable products that do nothing but add bulk and get minimally wet.

Even just the cloth diaper works and hold a lot even without the bath towel. Ice started to like cloth more and more, but it doesn't completely replace my like for disposable, just because it's what I grew up with.

SpAzpieSweeTot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Most pull-ups aren't wide enough in the crotch to be able to have boosters in it. It will probably compromise the minimal leg gathers that they have in them already.
I'm looking into Abena Abri-Flex Specials, so those 2 things don't bother me, but the possibility of damaging the elastics does. That's why I'm going with the Abri-Let Anatomic, which is a bit wider than the Abri-Let Normal. Both have no backing, & are meant to be placed right inside. No hole making required, but I'm really picky about consistency of feel. My fear is, with the booster being 6" x 16," & the. Pull-up padding being closer to 6" x 24," I'll be able to feel where one stops, & the other starts. Stupid, I know, but I'm like the princess & the pee.:giggles:. The Abri-Let Maxi should match the pull-up's padding spot on in length & width, but would hold too much, which I'm not into.

For Abena fans who are into super thickness, try Short Guy's method with the Abri-San as a booster. Just take the elastics off, & do exactly as he says. The Abri-San pad is the same, "8ish" shape as the padding of Abri-Forms. For smaller diapers, try size 5, For an Abri-Form M2 or M3, go with an Abri-San size 6 pad. For an Abri-Form M4, go with an Abri-San size 7 or 8 pad. For larger diapers, try Abri-San size 9, 10, or 11.

Last edited:

Meowstic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Somebody should REALLY start selling these things. I don't care if they'd be $6 a piece, I would buy them!

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
They look comfortable as hell. I'd buy them I love those kind of diapers right there!

Heven

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Thanks for the write-up. Instructions worked perfectly. I'll be using this to go through my stock of semi-unwanted stuff that I purchased ages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.