Making diapers in USA?

ABDL company are small, or medium you don't have a really large company, so the company generally don't have their manufacturing machine, because the quantity is very low the materials+ salary very high, and the shipping cost not very high. So what you want as company create the same product for a more expensive price, it's totally illogical, and you as person you don't want to pay more for exactly the same product, so why you want the company want to lose money by manufacturing in the US ?

Hey I am currently looking into a way to start small and try to produce a quality diaper after the old Luvs model from early 90's. I am seeing if I can start in a garage to make the and look at the possibilities of keeping peice cost under $1.50. If any of you want to get involved let me know.

Dlforpurity said:
Hey I am currently looking into a way to start small and try to produce a quality diaper after the old Luvs model from early 90's. I am seeing if I can start in a garage to make the and look at the possibilities of keeping peice cost under $1.50. If any of you want to get involved let me know.

Seriously ? I think there are an error is not possible to create disposable Diaper in a garage the Production line need a lot of places even the smallest, basically the minimum order from a Chinese company for a custom product is 50k, and if you want to doing this by yourself you will have a lot of defective product, and you need roll of polyethylene, roll of polypropylene,roll of special tape, roll of elastic, bag of glue, bag of SAP.

I am a machinist by trade. The big thing is to study the process first. The trick is developing the model first. There is a niche to fill just getting into planning phase. There are plenty of empty wharehouses by me. First is planning and design.

Dlforpurity said:
I am a machinist by trade. The big thing is to study the process first. The trick is developing the model first. There is a niche to fill just getting into planning phase. There are plenty of empty wharehouses by me. First is planning and design.
I’m not saying it’d be impossible, but it isn’t very feasible either. There’s reasons why every ABDL can’t just go out and make their dream diaper, or extrapolating it further, why not everyone is suited for entrepreneurship.

Reactions: trysexiea
Dlforpurity said:

I hopefully you have one hell of a big garage. The diaper machines are quite large.

Reactions: guest and trysexiea
I used to work at a plant who made diapers , Most of their market was all usa suppliers, from major brands to smaller company's
i never knew or could imagine so many diapers existed , it was a a plant in Canada,

From a perspective of being abdl! work sometimes got interesting haha!
We made baby diapers/pull up's Most of the time i would work into the end of doing the pallets stacking them up and so forth , but
at times i would work on the lines , Emptying rejects , Diaper scraps that u have to keep empying as the machines go , to changing landing zone machines to stickey tape refill rolls and such ,

Last edited:
Sometimes u think in your mind wonder if i could alter the size of the machine lol ,
And beleive me u wont fit a diaper machine /line in ur garage lmao! it is quite the machine and processes before u get the diaper from and to your box! /final product , if only i had vids pics of that work place still haha

bambinobaby said:
Anything that brings manufacturing and jobs back to the US, I am for.
All China does is make cheap crappy products that America invents. I would love to see a American made ABDL diaper, I bet it would be an exact replica of a baby diaper.

Twee said:
All China does is make cheap crappy products that America invents. I would love to see a American made ABDL diaper, I bet it would be an exact replica of a baby diaper.
I think you don't know how the world works, for a very basic product like Diaper the product will be exactly the same made in China or in any other country.

trysexiea said:
I think you don't know how the world works, for a very basic product like Diaper the product will be exactly the same made in China or in any other country.
Most ABDL diapers from China are just the same medical diaper with cute prints on them, I’m not sure how old you are but I do remember when China took over our manufacturing in the 90’s the products started being poorly made with a cheap feel. Before that America used to make products that were sturdy and last forever.

Twee said:
Most ABDL diapers from China are just the same medical diaper with cute prints on them, I’m not sure how old you are but I do remember when China took over our manufacturing in the 90’s the products started being poorly made with a cheap feel. Before that America used to make products that were sturdy and last forever.
Yes but the 90's is a bygone era you can expect to have the same quality for different reasons, the first it's because if the product is made of better quality you have to pay more, the second it's simple because the company can live if the product have a too long live durability, the third because the customer want always the shipper product possible. and effectively the ABDL company seems to not really have any care about the ABDL Diaper because generally it's the design cut of the manufacturer and only change the printing, the material but never change anything else. effectively I know change the cut design cost some money and need some R&D but because it's a "premium" I think it's possible to do some Real change in the products.

It’s more of a personal preference
trysexiea said:
Yes but the 90's is a bygone era you can expect to have the same quality for different reasons, the first it's because if the product is made of better quality you have to pay more, the second it's simple because the company can live if the product have a too long live durability, the third because the customer want always the shipper product possible. and effectively the ABDL company seems to not really have any care about the ABDL Diaper because generally it's the design cut of the manufacturer and only change the printing, the material but never change anything else. effectively I know change the cut design cost some money and need some R&D but because it's a "premium" I think it's possible to do some Real change in the products.
I appreciate your rational response 👍.it’s more of a personal preference, for me I would rather pay a little more for better quality, plus I don’t mind paying a little more knowing fellow Americans are getting a decent wage. Basic needs (housing,transportation, and food) are not going down in price, americans cant compete with slave wages from China, while our basic necessities are going thru the roof.

Twee said:
It’s more of a personal preference

I appreciate your rational response 👍.it’s more of a personal preference, for me I would rather pay a little more for better quality, plus I don’t mind paying a little more knowing fellow Americans are getting a decent wage. Basic needs (housing,transportation, and food) are not going down in price, americans cant compete with slave wages from China, while our basic necessities are going thru the roof.

Well unfortunately I think for most people lower cost or convenience is placed higher on their list of Priorities than who they are supporting or where their money is going.

The former is why almost everything is made in China, the latter is why people deal with GameStop (why put in a little work to sell something and make far more money when you want the newest stuff and GameStop would give you credit towards new stuff?)

Also China doesn't necessarily mean Junk

Sure they are most famous for making cheap junk

But they also make some quality stuff given a bigger budget and more time to make it.

In the case of Diapers, I am actually quite happy with ABUniverse Diapers and of course those are made in China.

The only thing that sucks is how it can take months for things to get made and delivered; with occasional bad batches (I have seen pictures of Diapers from bad batches and heard of what happens to Diapers in a bad batch, but I have never got any myself yet)

Reactions: trysexiea
Back