Making diapers in USA?

Robert1

Est. Contributor
I would like to say with this china war trump is starting i personally think the diaper co should start looking into having diapers made here in the us. What do you all think about this?

Most diapers are made close to the customer. Americans, including Canadians, wear diapers made in North America. Europeans wear diapers made in Europe. You can see it written on the packs. ABDL diapers, on the other hand, are often made in China.

Im sure china is not the only ones who no how to make diapers.

Hakanloaim said:
Most diapers are made close to the customer. Americans, including Canadians, wear diapers made in North America. Europeans wear diapers made in Europe. You can see it written on the packs. ABDL diapers, on the other hand, are often made in China.
I think the only premium diapers made in the US are north shores and dry 24/7's, all other are imported,
I was thinking about this yesterday while scanning through news articles, the tariffs designed around keeping US business within the country, with the federal lower corporate tax rate and high import rate the white house is trying to keep goods / manufacturing within the country, not farmed out. Not to mention the distrust our government has with the Chinese, and quite frankly rightfully so, the US is the largest producer of tech, always advancing and innovating, the Chinese on the other hand just copies and mass produces, stealing copy right / patented information.

Reactions: Reward, 12srepaid and WABX
@pamper4u im pretty sure nourthshore is also imported the only usa made diapers im awear of is tranquility

Reactions: INTrePid
You have all kinds of countries that make diapers. China is not the be all end all. An extremely cheap diaper machine costs around $600,000 US. It will probably break down often and will need constant upkeep and calibration.

There’s a lot of thinking that goes into business and manufacturing, and that thinking is reflected in how companies conduct their business and go about producing their products. The choice to go overseas is a result of all the analysis and planning companies do. They want to offer a quality product at a low enough cost to make it both accessible to the consumer and profitable enough to generate a good return on investment. Even if there are additional tariffs and other sanctions imposed, it’d still probably be cheaper to continue production overseas.

Just remember, it's the consumer that pay all tariffs - not the Chinese!

I saw in The Washington Post that each U. S. steel project now costs on an average, $900,00.00 more dollars than before the Trump steel tariffs. Customers again pay that as well.

Robert1 said:
@pamper4u im pretty sure nourthshore is also imported the only usa made diapers im awear of is tranquility

You are correct. The Supreme and Supreme Lites are made in France, MegaMax is made in China, and the GoSupreme pull-ups are made in Italy if I recall correctly. Off the top of my head I cannot think of any other brand that manufactures their diapers in America, though it is possible that Kimberly-Clark and some other low quality drug store brands might as well.

I think youd be looking at some massive price increases.

As far as I know crinklz is pretty much the only abdl brand to have moved there production from china to europe, yet there pretty much the lowest priced premium diaper out there.
So cost increases really shouldn't have to be an issue.

Anything that brings manufacturing and jobs back to the US, I am for.

Reactions: Jbo, WABX, mayhem and 2 others
Obviously ABDL companies have all considered this otherwise they wouldn't have picked their choice on where they get things manufactured, and they wouldn't be a successful ABDL company that has stayed afloat for over a year.

Reactions: JoJo1993
Other things to consider;

- Any type of fetish product is going to have issues with US manufacturing. Uptight executives are weary of Visa/MC issues if they manufacture fetish products.
- ABDL diapers would have to be considered a medical product if produced in the US, which means they would be subject to all of the additional regulations associated with that designation.
- The equipment to make adult diapers is very expensive(as someone else pointed out). US based manufacturers with that equipment don't take orders from small businesses. The last time I researched it, the only manufacturers that took small orders were in China and Pakistan, with Pakistan costing three times as much as China.

I'm sure most of the ABDL companies have thought of getting manufacturing over here

But you have several issues with that

1. Cost to buy machines to make diapers, building a manufacturing factory, etc.

2. Labor costs over here are a lot higher than in China

So yeah they would save on shipping cost and time, but in return they would have to spend millions of dollars in making new factories, buying the proper machines, and labor costs

In the end they would have to recover the cost somehow and you would probably ha e to pay significantly more for the same quality Diapers.

BabyTyrant said:
I'm sure most of the ABDL companies have thought of getting manufacturing over here

But you have several issues with that

1. Cost to buy machines to make diapers, building a manufacturing factory, etc.

2. Labor costs over here are a lot higher than in China

So yeah they would save on shipping cost and time, but in return they would have to spend millions of dollars in making new factories, buying the proper machines, and labor costs

In the end they would have to recover the cost somehow and you would probably ha e to pay significantly more for the same quality Diapers.

No one builds new factories when starting a company. They rent a building and move/send their equipment there.

mayhem said:
No one builds new factories when starting a company. They rent a building and move/send their equipment there.
I don’t normally side with BabyTyrant on this site, but you missed the point he was making, which isn’t wrong.

mayhem said:

Renting a building or buying a pre-existing building wouldn't be cheap either.

Point is I'm sure several Diaper companies have considered making such a move to getting their diapers made in the country they are being sold in

If it was a financially feasible move they would have done it already; but we are talking Millions of dollars to do such a thing and they aren't gonna just invest Millions without an extra added cost

Last edited:
CrinklyConnor said:
I don’t normally side with BabyTyrant on this site, but you missed the point he was making, which isn’t wrong.

I didn’t miss his point at all. I’m just making a correction on it.

Last edited:
Back