Make tags a requirement/upp the amount of tags a user can post to 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
i have been seeing A LOT of threads with 0 tags.
make it a requirement for all people who make threads to give at least 3 tags.
so we can search tags and not find limited threads.
okay??
PS: can we up the amount of tags one user can give to 3 or 4???????

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
administrative, betagame, biotorrent.com, eminem-kim.mp3, tags
Those are the tags you provided for this thread. "tags" however is the only valid one of them all. What do all the others have to do with the thread?

administrative - yes, it's an administrative thread thus put in administrative stuff, no need for a tag for that
betagame - yes, you posted it but for that you can search on topic/post poster.
others - what do they have to do with this thread (and a lot of other threads you've put them in)?

If you stop spamming the tag system as you did (past tense!) with your threads then maybe a request like this would be considered more seriously.
So with that all (and I can tell you more if you want to know that) I don't think these ideas are good ones.

Last edited:

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I hardly ever use the tag system, and I certainly won't be curling up and crying if I see it gone.

I don't think it's necessary, neither are the SEO tags.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I've never used the tag system and probably never will. I've put them in a couple of topics I posted just because every other thread had them. I actually think a user can post three or four tags already. I posted three in one topic I started. What is the point of requiring users to post tags. other than so users can find threads?

Role
Private
I hardly ever use the tag system, and I certainly won't be curling up and crying if I see it gone.

I don't think it's necessary, neither are the SEO tags.
I've tagged threads before, but they were stupid one's I did for a laugh.

Otherwise, I agree with Spirit.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
What is the point of requiring users to post tags. other than so users can find threads?
I've never had a problem with the search function. Tags or no tags. SEO URLs or not. Plus, time and again, I've seen the system abused, like Martin helpfully pointed out.

Am I the only one who thinks that this idea is just a way to post more names of MP3s that are currently being listened to, and to advertise more websites?

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I've never had a problem with the search function. Tags or no tags. SEO URLs or not. Plus, time and again, I've seen the system abused, like Martin helpfully pointed out.

Am I the only one who thinks that this idea is just a way to post more names of MP3s that are currently being listened to, and to advertise more websites?
Yep. The search button works fine for me as well. I agree that he probably just wants to be able to post more irrelevant tags, as well.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
How about some kind of auto-tag system that grabs words from titles (except unimportant words like of, the, an....)?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think it's funny that you are suggesting this after the random tags you have on your threads...Do you even know what tags are for? I wouldn't mind being able to add more than two to someone's thing, but I don't see why they should be a requirement...I haven't had a problem with searching (the seldom times I do), and I really haven't seen any uses for tags...

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
That's already done with the SEO URLs and you can see what happens with that.

make tags requirement upp amount tags user can post
Just way too much Why not just keep it the way it is?

B

baby kiffer

I agree with what has been said...

...the search option seems to work just fine. However, as Error404 pointed out, it is not too refined. Maybe all we need to do is refine the search option; include functions such as NOT and OR, for example.

Besides that, I have no idea what a tag is--I did not even know they existed. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.