• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Make Regular/VIP/Any an option on create thread

What do you think about the idea?

• I like this idea

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I don't like this idea or anything like it and want things to stay the same

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • I have a different idea for the vip/regular threads (please post in the thread)

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Alright i'm just throwing this out there, but i was thinking it might be cool to basically to make it so a post in any of the forum sections could be made vip or regulars only (and it would also show up in the separate vip/regulars forum for those that like to sort by that). I dunno if this is even possible, but it does rather appeal to my desire for organization. Also that it was a regulars/vip only thread would have to be made clear somehow.

Anyways i'm just curious what others think about this idea. I really don't know if the forum software could even do something like this (and even if it can it might be a pain to set up/overly complicated).

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't like it...It would put regulars in another class from VIP, rather than a step below VIP...

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
We already have dedicated forums for doing this.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i think he means if you can make a post in any thread only regulars/VIP can see that post instead of having to make a thread in a regulars/VIP section

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Oh I know what he means. I'm just saying. I don't really see what the advantage would be, or the need for it. That's all.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
oh okayy just making sure we were all on the same page cause im on pg. 56

i was a little lost :/

but my input here i dont really see a difference either..so...uh...yeah

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
No, I don't think that would work well. It would be confusing if someone could only read PART of a thread. In fact, I think it would be kinda mean, like dangling half a thread that's missing important (and possibly quoted) information.

Regulars and VIP forums are fine, because the ..."normies" don't know what they can't see, and thus don't form a revolt.

EDIT: Just reread and realized this poll said THREAD and not POST :p... Oh well, my answer still stands as it would be redundant and the special forums barely get used as it is...

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
It'll create a lot of chaos. + It's too easy to make a mistake then and quote something in an other thread.

F

FullMetal

Yea, growing on Martins prospective- Given

If I said something in a Regular thread and wanted it to only show for VIP's, and lets say Moo wanted to quote me but his post was for the regulars to see as well, it would make it extremely confusing for those reading it.

'Like....where the f did that quote just come from?'

All in all, I am not in favor of it.

FullMetal

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
[VIPOnly] I don't think it would be a good idea, simply because posts would be missing from threads, and people might quote the VIP only posts in the non-VIP threads making their VIPness disappear. [/VIPOnly]

[RegularOnly] Plus it would be work for Moo, and I don't really see a dire need for this feature, if it even exists! [/RegularOnly]

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I agree, we have a location for this, if we wish to comment we can. Though making more work is only ground to cause more problems and more Moderation. The additional separation between the VIP and Regular is also not needed. This will only point out in a more obvious manner what it is that separates the two levels. It takes VIP from having a privilege to keeping secrets from the rest of the members.

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Ahhh well i still like the idea heh, but i guess i'm the only one.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Hmm... making individual posts in a thread private could cause problems. For example, someone might withhold vital information to a question, making the whole thread pointless.

I just don't think its something that will work out too well. It sounds like a system that could have a lot of problems (bug wise), plus, in my opinion, it infringes freedom of information rights.

If you want to make a thread private, use the forums that are put in place for that purpose.

Also, I don't see any reason why people would want to use this feature. If you don't want to make information available to everyone in a forum that is accessible by everyone, don't post it. Or use the private messaging system, or an instant messaging system.

G

gamebaby

Well at least dont make a privet area for vips to chat. I mean come on. Idc for the extra fetures but you can allready chat in forms so unless its realy personal stuff use the forms.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well at least dont make a privet area for vips to chat. I mean come on. Idc for the extra fetures but you can allready chat in forms so unless its realy personal stuff use the forms.
has no one informed you theres a VIP forum :/

if not TADA now ya knoww

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
For posts, it wouldn't work - threads would get too confusing.

For threads... it might work, but:
(1) it would be a LOT of work to implement
(2) we already have a regulars/VIP forum... so the work seems un-necessary
(3) a lot of people would start tagging their threads as regulars+ if we did this, and this wouldn't make us seem welcoming to guests/newbies

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
I like this idea, but in hindsight its a lot of work, and more then likely won't be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.