• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Make me a logo! Winner gets a cookie made of recylced RAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Well, here goes. I have been successful in making a server from scratch. Works fine and dandy, and I've come across the name "cloverfield". I liked the movie, yes, but something else fits there. I like the fact that it sounds very... code named. I also like that it also fits the same circumstances as the movie, like "no one knew where it came from" because I just absorb spare parts like a sponge.

So this is what I ask of someone with good graphics skills. I need a logo for my server. One that somewhat implies the movie into the design, and makes it somewhat geekish.

Anyone care to take a stab at it?

Oh, and thanks to my sincere friend who is also my co-runner of my site (thanks, Danny :D), http://twogeeksonesite.com/, he designed me this for my SSH login text:

(stand back if you can't see it)

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Its a mushroom could right, right!!? Its a mushroom could right!!!? Is it a Mushroom Cloud!!?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
wow... it really did look like a mushroom cloud to me. <_>

Also I am horrible at any form of art so I can't make you a logo unless your okay with stick figures and less then average spelling.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Who's Phantom Lord?

Oh I see. That Aqua-Soft is a pretty nice website, I must say. Very cool.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm not promising I'll try (see, I'm far to lazy to make commitments like that), but what kind of logo did you have in mind? Speaking in terms like dimensions, the colors/designs it should go with and what it will be used for.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Why do other people always out think me when it comes to names. I've been thinking of a few names for ages.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Draft me some ideas, what are you looking for in this logo of yours?

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Something that incorporates the actual text "Cloverfield" and maybe a fade-to-black sort of design with picture shown above?

@Martin: Don't feel bad, all my other computer's names are so plain. PowerBook, Inspiron, xD.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
me =p.

How...?
The picture you posted has the name in it. The black of your console is actually translucent. I can see the stuff behind it if I look at my LCD from a sharp angle, changing the contrast. It's a message posting form.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Why do other people always out think me when it comes to names. I've been thinking of a few names for ages.
My computer names (the ones I can remember):

***** (retired - old server, real name will give away me real identity, sorry :p)
Fireman (retired - newer server)
Craptop (old laptop - retired)
joeyjojo shabadoo (current winxp laptop \\joeyjojo\)
mce1 (not-so creative name for my media center)
ha_ha_internet (mac powerbook)
Filliam H Muffman (g4 tower, shortname 'filliam')
*******1 (main desktop, name is a variation of my last name :p)

I usually pick a name for a machine (no matter how crappy) and stick with it. For example, back in the days of 486 computers, my dad got a Pentium 150, and thus was named \\pentium\ on the network. He now has a AMD Sempron 3100+, but the machine is still called (and will always be called) \\pentium\ .

And sorry mm3, the only logos I've ever made have been a bunch of ripped off copyrighted stuff slightly altered to suit my needs. I have as much artistic talent as drywall.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
My computers name is D4711V51, or Baby.... as I call HER

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
wow. didn't know my Terminal was *that* see through. Although, I kinda didn't realize it at first XD.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I never name my machines with proper names. I usually name them by an easy reference. for example, If my laptop is booted into Linux it's hostname is "DUL" stands for Dell Ubuntu Linux. So I know it's my Dell laptop and I know it's currently Running Ubuntu. I guess it is because of my habit of having like 3-4 VMs online on the network at once and it can be a little hard at times. So it's like vXP, vXP64 etc..

My wireless network at home was called Siddon with a number on the end depending on which AP it is. 2 are already dead, so it now I have Siddon3 and Siddon4. Where I am staying now, I have set the AP to steam when there was no encryption. After I enabled WPA2, I thought I should rename it, It changed to stream. You can see, I put allot of effort into this XD.

But normally I keep it something easy to know which machine it is and keep it short to type out.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
Hah, I named my computers:

BigMomma (server, mostly files and a bit of web stuff like 2G1S, IPv6 router and 6-over-4 tunnel endpoint, DHCP, DNS, ...)
Nighthawk (desktop, Mercurial master mirror)
Tiny Tux (retired and since given away; router+NAT box)
Scribus (tablet PC)
Xombie (formerly Xubuntu based but now runs XP, raised from the dead thanks to some RAM I got as a trade for Tiny Tux)
Lil' Beastie (iPod touch... hey if it's on the network it gets named. Named as such because it runs OSX which is BSD)
Tiger (my dad named it, it's his box)
LilMomma (mom's thin client)
blacknblue (un-creative name for my WRT54GL)
Pink Panther (my sister named it, it's her archaic [as in older than she is] Mac)

Then a few other generically named systems like win2k3vmx, pxedummy1 and 2, and a few other VMware systems.

The best part? I've made (completely copyright-infringing) logo artwork for most of 'em. But that's the thing... they're usually unfit for distribution since they have copyright elements in them. Usually I end up pirating something. :p

--Danny :ninja:

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Forgot to add:

wonka (domain name of WRT54G running dd-wrt)
mabase (wireless SSID of SMC-brand WAP)

Status
Not open for further replies.