Major League Baseball Thread

I did so much enjoy working outside, then doing some things in the house, then just chilling on the bed last night listening to the mariners-Giants game. Mariners lost, but the starting pitcher tied his career high 10 k in a game.

Oh boys, signs of at least some normalcy to 2021 spring!!!!

Reactions: hanzertas
egor said:
I did so much enjoy working outside, then doing some things in the house, then just chilling on the bed last night listening to the mariners-Giants game. Mariners lost, but the starting pitcher tied his career high 10 k in a game.

Oh boys, signs of at least some normalcy to 2021 spring!!!!
Haha as a Giants fan I liked last night a lot better than Opening Night. Bullpen finally figured it out! 😅

hanzertas said:
Haha as a Giants fan I liked last night a lot better than Opening Night. Bullpen finally figured it out! 😅
That was one of those games that it did not matter what side you root for.

It was just a good game. Strong pitcher that just got tired after 6 inning (100+ Pitches) and both teams kept going.

Went to the Phillies-Braves game today. Interesting attending a sporting event for the first time since before the pandemic. Attendance was capped at around 10,000 with "pod" seating. I thought it was managed well and felt safe. Good adherence to masking overall. Only real complaints were concession stand lines were very long because less of them were open than normal.

We got a great pitchers duel too. Braves bats just couldn't get it done when it counted. Acuna Jr and Freeman were pretty much neutralized and the rest of the lineup basically flows through them so they were relatively punchless. Solo home run in the seventh was all they mustered.

I am planning on going back down for the Giants series in a few weeks. That's the main event.

Last edited:
I'm still hurting from my Rangers losing the WS in 2011. Game 6 was brutal. I haven't watched baseball since.

Wikipedia

The 2011 World Series was only the second World Series ever in which a team, one strike away from elimination, came back to win—with the Cardinals, in fact, achieving this feat twice in Game 6.

Last edited:
The O’s pitcher grooved that one. He knew it the second it left his hand. Lol.

I'm not a huge sports fan in general, but baseball would likely be my favorite sport to watch, and basketball being the most boring to watch (for me).

My favorite moments of MLB would most definitely be the eephus pitch! Something deeply satisfying watching a homerun batter's frustration after being struck out by one of these pitches. Hehehe

Abdlchriscrinkle said:
I'm not a huge sports fan in general, but baseball would likely be my favorite sport to watch, and basketball being the most boring to watch (for me).

My favorite moments of MLB would most definitely be the eephus pitch! Something deeply satisfying watching a homerun batter's frustration after being struck out by one of these pitches. Hehehe
Hehe yes!

Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle
Looking at the standings today and All I can say is "COME ON CLEVELAND!!!"

Back story.
My family in the '70 where rabid fans of The Dodgers and The A's. So was I for the A's. But after the '73 season when the Traded Jackson to the Yankees and then Rally Fingers. It was when the traded Catfish Hunter that was the straw that broke my support.

So I took the sports page and looked at who was the worse team in baseball and it was the Cleveland Indians. So I became an Indians fan because I was the only Prayer they had. I have been a Cleveland fan ever since. At times I still feel like I am the only Prayer they have. Especially after seasons like the year the Bull pen killed themselves with a speed boat and then the only opener that was left had his career ended because his pissed off girlfriend stabbed him in the thigh with her stiletto heal. Then today not even one week into the season and the have and 0.250 season.

• Haha
egor said:
Looking at the standings today and All I can say is "COME ON CLEVELAND!!!"

Back story.
My family in the '70 where rabid fans of The Dodgers and The A's. So was I for the A's. But after the '73 season when the Traded Jackson to the Yankees and then Rally Fingers. It was when the traded Catfish Hunter that was the straw that broke my support.

So I took the sports page and looked at who was the worse team in baseball and it was the Cleveland Indians. So I became an Indians fan because I was the only Prayer they had. I have been a Cleveland fan ever since. At times I still feel like I am the only Prayer they have. Especially after seasons like the year the Bull pen killed themselves with a speed boat and then the only opener that was left had his career ended because his pissed off girlfriend stabbed him in the thigh with her stiletto heal. Then today not even one week into the season and the have and 0.250 season.

Haha I dig where you're coming from, egor! I'm also in the Cleveland Indians fanbase.

In fact, this all reminds me of one of my favorite movies of all time, Major League 😏😁

Baseball is my favorite sport to watch and my favorite team is the Yankees. Although the only time I've been into an MLB stadium was in 2012.

Go Phillies! Although probably not a great night to say this.

Back