Made My Own Contoured Changing Pad!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5880
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 5880

One-Day Project I wanted to share!

I've had a contoured changing pad in baby-size for a few months, and I've been itching to upgrade it. :)

So, I got the following materials:
  • 1-inch thick foam camping pad (72" long)
  • 2-inch thick foam camping pad (72" long)
  • 2 yards + 6" of 64-inch wide PUL of one design
  • 2 yards + 6" of 64-inch wide PUL of another design

The pad ended up being 72" long, and 28" wide. The bumpers are wedges 5" on the bottom and 2" on the top.

I built each bumper by using a serrated blade (a bread knife) to cut two 5"x72" strips of the two-inch-thick foam material, and then used foam-compatible adhesive to glue them together. Once dry, I marked the wedge shape and cut out the excess material. I repeated this to build the other bumper, and then I attached both to the top of the 1-inch thick pad with the adhesive.

Sewing was a pain in the rear at such a scale (I won't go into details, but the extra 6" was handy). Being geometrically-shaped, it was straight-forward cutting out the shapes but a pain to sew together. (PUL is slippery and doesn't catch evenly on the feed-dogs of the sewing machine)

I didn't install a hard bottom, as the pad is built to be flipped over to expose the other pattern. (the arrow pattern visible on the sides)

In the end, it's incredibly comfortable and just the right width to hug my shoulders and accommodate my height. Very happy with this build. :cool:

(pictures depict baby changing pad for scale -- no plans to put myself in those pictures)

20160731_123840.jpg
20160731_123851.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigbabybret

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
Nice!

Looks good...

Sewing things that bit is a PITA! Trust me I know...

Ive made interiors for airplanes...Luggage bin was the worst 12' plus long and about 4' high...For a twin cessna...

Great job! ive never worked with the foam glue...just like 3M 77 spray for coverings and such...Is it similar?

SabuInu

Unsure lil Pupper
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
That looks very nice indeed :clapping:

D

Deleted member 5880

Nice!

Looks good...

Sewing things that bit is a PITA! Trust me I know...

Ive made interiors for airplanes...Luggage bin was the worst 12' plus long and about 4' high...For a twin cessna...

Great job! ive never worked with the foam glue...just like 3M 77 spray for coverings and such...Is it similar?

Haha! OMG, and with thick leathery materials! :worshippy:
Yeah, we almost got exactly the 3M spray but cheaped-out and got LocTite. It worked, though I probably could have applied more. :)

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I want one now! Looks massive! Especially in comparison to the baby sized one.

FluffyWolfe

ADISC Discord Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
Wow that looks great!!!

I wonder if those would sell well.

Bigbabybret

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
Haha! OMG, and with thick leathery materials! :worshippy:
Yeah, we almost got exactly the 3M spray but cheaped-out and got LocTite. It worked, though I probably could have applied more. :)

Yeah I have a good find that used to own sewing and mbroidey shop...h advised me on what machine to get...bought a Viking husk Varna 875q machine that goes through just about anything...

Didn't use leather but a synthetic material that as much lighter...

dl1036

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
All you need is a waterproof barrier under the main outermost layer (which you could add a zipper or overlap flap) and I think you're ready for business.

D

Deleted member 5880

All you need is a waterproof barrier under the main outermost layer (which you could add a zipper or overlap flap) and I think you're ready for business.

Not interested in business, but it is waterproof; the entire mat is 2-mil PUL.

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
That "Adult Changing Pad" would be excellent for us physically/developmentally disabled adults who have to be in diapers 24/7 to use for necessary diaper changes.:thumbsup:

Ian16545

M.O.M.M.Y.'s little sweetheart
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
Just the thing for my own changing table—complete with a Lammies pad underneath for extra protection, of course.

Bronie07

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
This is pretty sweet! Its amazing the stuff people create to fuel their inner little.

Status
Not open for further replies.