Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
why is it so hard to obtain in this day and age? or is it something so simple and obvious that we refuse to value it as an end all to all our problems? why are we so pent up with fear and angst that we can barely look at another passer-by in the eyes and say good morning? are we really that scary to one another?
if we each loved each other would our world cease to exist? would it create anarchy and destroy our beloved corporate system?

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
why is it so hard to obtain in this day and age?

or is it something so simple and obvious that we refuse to value it as an end all to all our problems?

why are we so pent up with fear and angst that we can barely look at another passer-by in the eyes and say good morning?

are we really that scary to one another?

if we each loved each other would our world cease to exist? would it create anarchy and destroy our beloved corporate system?
Are you implying that it is harder to obtain love now than in the past? Because the advent of the internet has made communication far easier, communication is needed in love, so I think love is easier to get.

Love is not simple, as a biology student the chemicals and neurons that fire off when a person is in love is so complicated that I can't even begin to explain it or understand it. So far all intents and purposes, love is magic to me.

Because if I said good mourning to ever person I see while I pass them on the street, I would annoy myself (And note, I'm a hospital clown, I say good mourning ALOT!)

I think love is based off the flaws and mistakes that people make, not how awesome they are at things. So a society based on love would be a society based on forgiveness, and individuality. How would that work on a macro scale, I have no idea. It works on a micro scale all the time.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i'm no expert on the subject, but it seems to me that a lot of people are unwilling to put any work into love. it doesn't just happen to you, it has to be tended and cultivated, whether you're talking about love for a specific person or love for humanity in general. people take it for granted, and then later when it's gone they look around them like "where did it go?" :dunno:

reminds me of the rolling stones! ^.^

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
funny you should mention the rolling stones avery, but i was thinking of the john lennon song 'all you need is love'. they were talking about it at church and it was one of those things that struck me when he was speaking because he was mentioning this and vaguely touching on the war and it just got me thinking about it on a micro and macro scale.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
On a strictly macro scale there around 6 billion adults in this world. Most of these six billion people are married and many of them have found love.
Having never been in love I'm not sure if I have the experience to say this, but I think everyone has a chance at true love at some point in their life - even if they don't know it when it happens.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
not married love, but you are loved, Tsendo, whether you know it or not.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Love is so powerful, able to create as well as to destroy.
How many stories did you read where, in the end, love was the key do defeat the enemy?
This remember me the song "The power of love"

Today love is not as important as sex; because Sex is cool, love no.
We must re-discover what real love is.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think we rush things too much, and we expect them too quickly.

Back in the day you met your husband at a young age, probably went to grade school with him. You grew up with him, and he either courted you, or you went out on a ton of dates before you finally married him. Your heart may have never beat fast, you may not have gotten butterflies; but you didn't get divorced either.

Things are too easy. You can go to Vegas and get married in a matter of minutes, and just as easily get divorced. You can have kids, and easily raise them separately.

I believe that love grows over time. I'm not talking about a parents love for a child or anything, but even love within friendships. You and your friends only get a stronger bond as you grow older. I have known my bff for about 12yrs. now. I trust and love her a whole lot more than my friends I've only known for 5 or so years. If I have a husband, I'm sure our relationship will get stronger the longer we are married, and I will only grow to love him more.

I'm not looking for that magical, sweep you off your feet kind of love; I'm looking for a life partner.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
If I have a husband, I'm sure our relationship will get stronger the longer we are married, and I will only grow to love him more.

I'm not looking for that magical, sweep you off your feet kind of love; I'm looking for a life partner.
You're right on the mark, Mandi! The key to a lasting relationship is to really know the person you marry, and you can't do that very well with a rush through engagement. A marriage is a life-long union which should grow stronger as time goes on. Live by the feelings you've expressed and you should truly have a lasting marriage when you decide you're ready to make that commitment.

Couldn't put your words any better myself!

~Pramrider

paradox54

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
To build on the points made by Mandy and Prmamrider, I think a large part of the problem is the confusion of love as an emotional state (the whole butterfly thing, attraction, etc.) with "true" love, that is, ethical love which loves the other person for who they truly are and what they are, and not for how that other person makes me feel or what I can get out of that other person. True love treats the beloved as a person, rather than as just an object of use or of pleasure.
True love may involve the feelings of emotional love, but it is not dependent upon such feelings, because, well, feelings are pretty fickle. If our view of love is based only on feelings, then we've really done ourselves in, because we'll be always be searching for someone who gives an unfading emotional high.
We've forgotten that it's not a question of the genuineness of feelings, but rather a question of whether the other person is really who I think they are, whether he or she has the qualities that I think he or she does. In other words, we never ask if our feelings are grounded in the truth of the other person.
To respond to the first post, love is so hard to find because we've forgotten what it is and what it involves. No one wants to be hurt, but love necessarily involves the possibility of being hurt. No one wants to be used as a disposable object, but our culture, especially in terms of sexuality, often views "love" as a relationship of mutual exploitation--I use you, you use me, and it all evens out. That isn't love.

Titus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
For me; Love is just an abstract idea. It doesn't exist in the same world we walk through every day in our lives. Like so much of that which we deem to be of great value, it is just an illusion. A magnificent, cruel illusion. It's a theory we all should strive to discover for ourselves. Something not all of us find in life. Something all of us deserve. The lack of which is the cause of human misery. But I'll say again, afterall, it us just a illusion. Like the splintered fragments of a broken mirror that show a mirrorimage of distortion, that is what love is for me, that is the way I see it, the only way it can exist in the world as I see it.

Confusing much? I feel poetic, but I might as well sound like a idiot.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
In my view, love's potential to bloom has been diluted by our enhanced levels of communication opening the doorway to a bigger pool of potential partners...

I mean, in the past you got to know everyone your own age in your own community, and someone would click not because they were the one, but because they came closest to what you wanted in the choices you had. Now, with the internet, and mobile phones and video calling and multinational dating sites and chatrooms et cetera..we think we don't have to settle anymore, and we cast our net far too wide and far too thin..

Or to put it another way, we sow seeds far outside our potential garden and can't hope to water them effectively. So how can love grow?

juriev

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
Love is so hard, hate is so easy. All of the hate in the world adds up, so does all of the love. It is our choice as a planet to decide which one will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.