Love cloth and hate disposables more and more

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Since going back to cloth pocket and terry towel nappies at weekends I’m finding my self hating disposables more and more 👿
With cloth if it’s a bit out it’s easy to adjust
Disposables it’s not that easy
Also I find I leak more in a disposable than cloth paired with the right pants
I don’t get so hot in cloth either

Reactions: howiebabe

WBxx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
parcelboy2 said:
Since going back to cloth pocket and terry towel nappies at weekends I’m finding my self hating disposables more and more 👿
Totally agree, flat being my favorite by far. So simple, if leaking just add another layer next time. And they’re easy to wash and quick to dry. You can’t beat them. Unfortunately the art of folding and pinning cloth diapers has largely disappeared.

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
parcelboy2 said:
An interesting topic of conversation. What sparked your interest in cloth nappies, was it mainly for practical reasons, was it just curiosity or was it something you were just really keen to try?
I know we are all very different, but when I came back to nappies as an adult, despite being in cloth and waterproof pants as a youngster, for some reason I had absolutely no interest in cloth/reusables at all and still have absolutely no desire to try them - I’m definitely a 100% disposable sort of guy!
However, choice and personal preferences is always good and it‘s great to hear that you’ve found a solution that works really well for you. 😊👍

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
DLmikey said:
An interesting topic of conversation. What sparked your interest in cloth nappies, was it mainly for practical reasons, was it just curiosity or was it something you were just really keen to try?
I know we are all very different, but when I came back to nappies as an adult, despite being in cloth and waterproof pants as a youngster, for some reason I had absolutely no interest in cloth/reusables at all and still have absolutely no desire to try them - I’m definitely a 100% disposable sort of guy!
However, choice and personal preferences is always good and it‘s great to hear that you’ve found a solution that works really well for you. 😊👍
1st I was a 70’s baby
2nd 🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷

Reactions: DLmikey

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
parcelboy2 said:
1st I was a 70’s baby
2nd 🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷
I'm a late 60s baby and was in cloth diapers but like DLmikey I too have absolutely no interest in cloth diapers. Yes I have a contour and flour sacks pins and plastic pants somewhere in my stash. I've tried them and yes they are soft and comfortable to a point but not near as comfortable and appealing as the fine line of ABDL disposables available today. They make me feel wet and the more I wet them the more uncomfortable they become.
Maybe I just didn't give them enough time. Some day I'll venture there again but I'm really in no hurry.

Reactions: Forced and DLmikey

toddler

I love wearing cloth nappies and plastic pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
parcelboy2 said:
I agree with you. I all also love cloth nappies and hate disposables nappies

Tigercub59

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I like cloth ones also but I also travel a lot so disposables for the road is ok.