Loss of Passion

DprEffect

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Anyone have any tips or suggestions that might rekindle passion in my life? Over the years it feels like everything i felt passionate about has faded away until nothing was left. That drive that pushed me to better my life is gone as well. I'm left feeling very empty now not sad or happy most days just empty.

Sapphyre

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Superficially, that sounds a lot like clinical depression. Certainly, I don't suggest running out and getting pills or anything, but therapy may not be out of the question.

Regardless, can you start to "pull the thread" and trace what is causing you to feel this way?

Marcus95

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Anyone have any tips or suggestions that might rekindle passion in my life? Over the years it feels like everything i felt passionate about has faded away until nothing was left. That drive that pushed me to better my life is gone as well. I'm left feeling very empty now not sad or happy most days just empty.
For me it sometimes help to force myself to do stuff and spend time with friends even when I feel like shuting myself in and do nothing for days.

Traemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
That sounds like Anhedonia, which is a major symptom of depression.
This is pretty much what I intended to say. Depression isn't the only mood disorder in that direction; it's probably worth the time to at least get a professional evaluation of that.

RedPandaDL

I love my Super Undies 😊
Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Not sure if you are religious or not, but religion is something that could certainly fill that void and give you something to be passionate about. It would provide you with a caring God and a church community to be supportive as well. Just something to consider. Definitely talk to your doctor or a therapist though.

stinkape

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I feel the same way, at 54 now many things seem not to matter much any more .
Everyday is much the same .

Anima

Anima
Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
Sounds familiar. I've struggled with depression all my life as well as other things. What you're describing does sound quite a bit like something in that direction. I hope you'll consider looking into that with a professional, since it sounds like it might not be something you're able to get out of on your own. Wish you the best.

KitsuneFox

Medically Incontinent & Diapered 24 / 7
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Carer
* sigh * At least I'm not the only one around here. Kinda sucks feeling hollow inside .

PCBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Incontinent
It certainly sounds like clinical depression, you should really see your Doctor about this.

PCBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Incontinent
Not sure if you are religious or not, but religion is something that could certainly fill that void and give you something to be passionate about. It would provide you with a caring God and a church community to be supportive as well. Just something to consider. Definitely talk to your doctor or a therapist though.
RedPanda, whilst It's great you have a belief and a faith, as do I. Faith or religion isn't the answer to everything. In fact there have been more wars fought in the name of religion than have been peace made. If your parents told you to stop wearing nappies, would you? Before you answer remember the 4th Commandment. And if it is as i suspect a long standing depression then religion may just drive him into it deeper.