Loss of Passion

DprEffect

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Anyone have any tips or suggestions that might rekindle passion in my life? Over the years it feels like everything i felt passionate about has faded away until nothing was left. That drive that pushed me to better my life is gone as well. I'm left feeling very empty now not sad or happy most days just empty.

Sapphyre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Incontinent
Superficially, that sounds a lot like clinical depression. Certainly, I don't suggest running out and getting pills or anything, but therapy may not be out of the question.

Regardless, can you start to "pull the thread" and trace what is causing you to feel this way?

Marcus95

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Anyone have any tips or suggestions that might rekindle passion in my life? Over the years it feels like everything i felt passionate about has faded away until nothing was left. That drive that pushed me to better my life is gone as well. I'm left feeling very empty now not sad or happy most days just empty.
For me it sometimes help to force myself to do stuff and spend time with friends even when I feel like shuting myself in and do nothing for days.

Traemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
That sounds like Anhedonia, which is a major symptom of depression.
This is pretty much what I intended to say. Depression isn't the only mood disorder in that direction; it's probably worth the time to at least get a professional evaluation of that.

RedPandaDL

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Not sure if you are religious or not, but religion is something that could certainly fill that void and give you something to be passionate about. It would provide you with a caring God and a church community to be supportive as well. Just something to consider. Definitely talk to your doctor or a therapist though.