Losing Control While Walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiddlemiller

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've been wearing CVS pull-ups day and night for several months and really enjoy the freedom of being able to pee whenever I feel the need. It's very easy for me, even while walking, if I have a full enough bladder. Lately though I've been noticing that I don't get that "I need to go" signal while walking until it's pretty urgent. I'm good for another block or two and then I start wetting no matter what. I haven't been brave enough to go without a diaper and see if I have the same urgency while walking. Have others felt that intentional wetting has gradually diminished their urinary control?

Once I started wearing nappies all the time my bladder control was soon lost.

I never noticed any diminished control and I've been wearing on and off (including the occasional few weeks of 24/7 wear) for nearly 10 years now.

Occasional diaper wearing (even once a day) will not affect your bladder control. Now wearing 24/7 could. Once you start getting to a point of usually just letting go, you have effectively started reverse potty training. Eventually you will start to loose control as a result.

I do know for most you just loose the sensation of needing to go and will pee without any warning. For some (like me), your bladder can shrink before your feeling does. This in turn could lead to full blown urge incontinence.

Of course, before it gets too bad you can go through normal potty training again to regain back that control and normal-ish function too. Alternatively, try focusing on always keeping your sphincter open. Never clench back down when you're done peeing. This will help you to get past feeling the need to go pee, and help with your diaper training.

I do not know if it has anything to do with wearing diapers or not, but know the feeling about a limited time to react to a full bladder. We me it is sometimes less than 10 minutes.

Slomo said:
Occasional diaper wearing (even once a day) will not affect your bladder control. Now wearing 24/7 could. Once you start getting to a point of usually just letting go, you have effectively started reverse potty training. Eventually you will start to loose control as a result.

I do know for most you just loose the sensation of needing to go and will pee without any warning. For some (like me), your bladder can shrink before your feeling does. This in turn could lead to full blown urge incontinence.

Of course, before it gets too bad you can go through normal potty training again to regain back that control and normal-ish function too. Alternatively, try focusing on always keeping your sphincter open. Never clench back down when you're done peeing. This will help you to get past feeling the need to go pee, and help with your diaper training.

It's difficult for me to avoid clenching, and I certainly can't do it unless I empty my bladder completely. But I'll make the effort. Thank you for your thoughts, and thanks to ST50 and imub too.

When I wear for periods at a time it becomes very easy to wet, almost subconscious, and I tend to do more settings but lesser volume so to speak, sometimes I don't realize I'm even going, never had an accident while not wearing, always regain full control so I have the best of both worlds going on

I would argue that wetting your diaper while walking is more a demonstration of good bladder control, because most find it very difficult (or impossible) to do without practice.

I started wearing protection about 4 years after a very humiliating event. I have since been diagnosed as mildly incontinent. I still use a toilet as much as possible. I went 24/7 with my diapers and plastic pants a little over a year ago and can go about my business with full confidence. I don't feel like I have any more loss of control than I had before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back