Loose fit after taping tightly

This is not an issue for me during the day, but it is at night. I believe that it is caused by the plastic shell on the diaper stretching, and I solve it by reinforcing with packing tape. This only seems to be an issue with the upper tapes, not the lower. During the day I typically change my diapers every three to four hours, so perhaps they don't have time to stretch. At night I generally wear the same diaper for six to seven hours, and moving from back to stomach to side in my sleep is harder on the tapes and landing zone than being mostly upright during the day. I figured this out after leaking at the waist and wetting the bed during the night on a couple of occasions. Neither my wife or I were happy about that!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Sorta sounds like what I’m dealing with is the plastic stretching because of placement or general use. I have found that wearing underwear or compression shorts over the diaper helps prevent this but I know it’s counter productive as it makes it harder for the diaper to absorb. I would do more tests right now, but with 3 diapers left in my summer stash, I’ll have to wait to test later on.
i do wonder if the lack of a landing zone is what could be contributing as well.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Diapers become loose and start sagging due to movement and use, it is perfectly normal, even babies diapers do this. They are NOT supposed to fit like tighty whites underwear Or skinny jeans, I understand that this new trend is the in millennial thing but it foolish to turn a diaper into that trend. Also Diapers are supposed to be a little loose in the crotch.

Peepeegirl said:
I think it is normal happens to me all the time and I think the weight of the pee helps to let the diaper loose even falling a little I don’t like too, the good thing is that he Velcro one you can redo for me the best is tena because it is strong, I have never tear one trying to make thighs , tape again if gets loose, but is the that gives less trouble
Yes I also love Tena because of the wide velcro tabs! I have a chunky tummy, especially that lower poochy part, so stretchable velcro tabs are a must! Only time I wear tape tabs is my northshore megamax or their supreme brief at night (better with side leaks)..At least they have a landing zone for safe refastening! Perhaps that's the key to the original post? The landing zone for tabs makes or breaks it for me!

DiaperKat said:
Yes I also love Tena because of the wide velcro tabs! I have a chunky tummy, especially that lower poochy part, so stretchable velcro tabs are a must! Only time I wear tape tabs is my northshore megamax or their supreme brief at night (better with side leaks)..At least they have a landing zone for safe refastening! Perhaps that's the key to the original post? The landing zone for tabs makes or breaks it for me!
That is true baby diapers has them why adult diapers doesn’t

Reactions: DiaperKat
I prefer stretch tabs and hook and loop fasteners for this reason. I’ve yet to find a tape diaper that fits as well. The only taped diaper I can manage is a Megamax. Even with those, I still have to retape after standing up, but it’s easy to do with the landing strip.

Tena Stretch Ultra and Tena Stretch Super are my favorite at the moment. They aren’t perfect though...they lack leak guards along the legs. Not a major issue, but I’m not as confident wearing them due to them not being present. I haven’t found another brand in the price range with similar features. I’d love to try Rears Elite Hybrid, but I’m having a hard time finding them in the US without paying $3+ per diaper.

Last edited:
If you tape on your waist then the diaper will stretch, if you tape on your hips (top tape either straight across or just above your hip bone it should stay a little more snug for a longer period of time, sometimes it helps to angle the bottom tapes upwards and the top tapes straight across or slightly angled down wards.

Back