Looking for “young” adults with common problems

Cammer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I would like to start a thread aimed towards looking for support from younger folks with Ic. I’ll start by introducing my self. I’m 23, turning 24 in January. I have had issues for a big part of my life but wasn’t fully ic until 6-9 months ago. I am still trying to adjust to a life in diapers and want to know how other people my age deal with friend circle, best friends, parties, and just being a person in there 20s who want to maintain a social life.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, LinkDL and RetroGirl15

Turfy

ADISC Discord Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
I find that getting quality products that will hold up is a big key.

That said, even among these groups, what is under your pants is no one else’s business. And your medical issues are NOT something you should be judged for.

I suspect, and sincerely hope, that you’ll find it doesn’t really make anything really different. Besides, you know, having a leg up on drinking nights (never a bit busy bathroom, in my experience)

Again though, I think the biggest active step you can take toward mitigating any impact this will have on your lifestyle is to use the right products and plan ahead a bit. For example, I can go 8 hours in what I currently use. I don’t usually, usually change around lunch, but I have that flexibility. I find that’s the most important part, getting quality, long lasting products so that you can change on your schedule, when it works for you.

You can thrive with this! Don’t let it affect anything really, it’s not like it’s an issue in almost any situation. Odds are, even the people you are closest too won’t really notice, so long as you aren’t self conscious about it too much. I live my whole life in diapers, dinners, work, shopping, parties, drinking… if anything it’s a convenience.

The real secret, like I said, is to build in flexibility, and plan for changing.

And if you do have really close friends you trust, talk to them about it. Support helps too!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dinotopian2002, PuffPuffPaci, nappywearingicman and 1 other person

Cammer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Turfy said:
I find that getting quality products that will hold up is a big key.

That said, even among these groups, what is under your pants is no one else’s business. And your medical issues are NOT something you should be judged for.

I suspect, and sincerely hope, that you’ll find it doesn’t really make anything really different. Besides, you know, having a leg up on drinking nights (never a bit busy bathroom, in my experience)

Again though, I think the biggest active step you can take toward mitigating any impact this will have on your lifestyle is to use the right products and plan ahead a bit. For example, I can go 8 hours in what I currently use. I don’t usually, usually change around lunch, but I have that flexibility. I find that’s the most important part, getting quality, long lasting products so that you can change on your schedule, when it works for you.

You can thrive with this! Don’t let it affect anything really, it’s not like it’s an issue in almost any situation. Odds are, even the people you are closest too won’t really notice, so long as you aren’t self conscious about it too much. I live my whole life in diapers, dinners, work, shopping, parties, drinking… if anything it’s a convenience.

The real secret, like I said, is to build in flexibility, and plan for changing.

And if you do have really close friends you trust, talk to them about it. Support helps too!
Thank you for the reply, I am trying to normalize it in my life, some days it just seems overwhelming to do things like stay over at my best friends house or work with someone who doesn’t know, and have to ask them to take me to the bathroom ever day at lunch ( I work in land surveying so finding a bathroom usually means a gas station) and then wondering about my bag

Turfy

ADISC Discord Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
Cammer said:
Thank you for the reply, I am trying to normalize it in my life, some days it just seems overwhelming to do things like stay over at my best friends house or work with someone who doesn’t know, and have to ask them to take me to the bathroom ever day at lunch ( I work in land surveying so finding a bathroom usually means a gas station) and then wondering about my bag
I feel you there, I really do. But your personal business is yours, and even if someone catches on, social decorum would have them keep it to themselves, or politely ask about it, if they are curious. The key really is to just be confident about it. If it’s a matter of fact issue that doesn’t seem to bother you, just a fact of life thing (which it is), it won’t be an issue, and you won’t be embarrassed.

That is the hard part to overcome, I’ll admit, but there truly isn’t anything to be embarrassed about.

It’s also worth noting that incontinence is a protected class under the ADA, so at work in particular you need tell no one anything, and any unwelcome commentary is harassment/discrimination. We do have rights!

And remember, this isn’t junior high anymore, adults are expected to treat such things in a respectful, dignified manner.

Last edited:
Reactions: PuffPuffPaci

ILuvDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I agree with finding and using good quality products. Being IC 24/7 can be daunting, but it doesn't, and shouldn't have to be. Incontinence is a disability, and therefore does afford you certain protection under the law. Try to make friends who accept you for you, and don't judge you.

There will always be cruel people, who attempt to boost their own ego's by belittling others, but if you have a small number of close friends around you, who are supportive, and non judgemental, then your confidence will grow.

There is always going to be challenging situations with being permanently IC, and I'd be lying if i said that it doesn't impact on your mental health, cause it does.

However you should never feel shame from wearing diapers, whether it be through need, or just cause you like too. I have never understood why people outside of the community have issues with people wearing diapers. It's essentially just protective underwear.

Reactions: chuck, Dinotopian2002, LinkDL and 1 other person

LinkDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Hi , I am 24 years old, I also have IC, I always wear diapers, I have not had problems at work and my life has become my underwear,If you feel uncomfortable or think that someone may judge you, I recommend that you wear underwear over your diaper.

It has not been a problem for me, I have friends and my family know that I wear a diaper but only the strictly necessary people should know this, Diapers have changed my life for the better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, ILuvDiapers and Dinotopian2002