Looking for toddler straw cup

stareegirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I'd like a cup like this. One that actually looks like it's for toddlers. But I'm not sure how leak proof it is, even after reading the reviews. I'm worried I won't be able to get anything out of the straw or it will mess up my teeth. Like the other nuby cups with the soft straws (solid colored no snack cup attached). Any suggestions maybe a different brand?
2dadce00-9beb-4278-bdf1-1b0ca96d28fe_1.6046a3780a699c3f0600ae9f5debf334.jpeg
I'm also on the lookout for toddler toys think sensory like sand tray, abstract like oddly shaped blocks and brightly colored animals and cars or anything else of that variety.

Not...sure how a soft silicone straw could mess up your teeth. At least not anymore than using a regular straw would.

As to leak-proofness, I don't know as I haven't had experience with cups like that. But I have seen them.

You're gonna be fine with a silicone straw. They're not like pacis or bottles. Straws are open, so they don't cause the pressure in the mouth that can move the teeth. If you want a cute straw cup, get one, definitely.

Maybe I was unclear on my question I was asking what silicone or soft straws cups with babish prints you guys have tried and or liked or disliked.

I was also asking about experience and recommendations for toddler toys, I seem to like them. But I'm not sure of everything that's out there or how well it works in that kind of mind set. Yes I know everyone is different. But hearing other experiences could help me figure out what to buy.

Most toddler things can't come out of the packages to try in stores and I can't go buying a bunch of stuff. The last nuby straw cup I tried had serious suction, could hardly get anything out and yes I do have minor dental problems from using the wrong cup.

That sounds like there was something not quite right with the cup. I have a few that 'seal', but it's not -that- tough to drink from. Some of the soft-spout ones are meant to be bitten down on slightly to get liquid out I think.

I have this one:

and its one of my most favorite ones. (They were/are sold at Kmart and Sears...so...yeah...you'll probably have to find them used.)

I also have a bat version. The straw is non-spill and very soft, you have to put it in and light suck on the straw or poke your tongue against the side and slurp to get liquid out. But it's not hard to do. But anytime I see one like this I'll grab it just because I like how it works.

I have all kinds of toys. I basically get whatever interests me!

Last night they had a sale on Fisher Price toys and I bought a rolly lion and a magnetic doodle board. It really depends on what you like to do in general.

IE: Do you like to crawl/scoot? Then you might like something like my roller lion. You like to lay still and bat at things? You might be happier with a mobile or a ball track. Do you like things that are interactive? A little learning toy might be nice.

Reactions: stareegirl
Ah, I understand better now. I think I might know why there was such serious suction as to cause the kind of pressure you experienced. Ouch, that hurts. I'm sorry, sweetie. See, nuby is a baby brand, and at the point they start using sippy cups, which is insanely young nowadays, they need all that suction, to control the flow, so nothing goes down the wrong pipe. It may also make it so less spills out.

I'll be glad to look at cups for you, and silicone straws that don't have über suction, because they're meant for people who know already how to use a straw, and aren't still learning. Do you want something big enough to make your hands feel small? For me, it's the bigger and cuter, the better! What colors do you like? What characters and motifs? Cool Gear Inc. makes some truly cute stuff. I have a ton of it. It isn't super spill-proof, but some is spill resistant, and most of it is cute. Bubba has some silicone straws, and nice cups. Mixing and matching might be a good bet.

As far as toys, what do you think you might like? Are you a chime rattle person? I heard one on a YouTube video, so you can see if you like that sound. Are you a natural cuddler? In that case, how about a plushy? What characters and motifs do you like, or think you may like, again, this time, in reference to toys? Kinetic sand or Play Doh sounds good for you. You could make a sand and water table, as the height of a kid one maybe difficult for you to play at. Maybe kiddy musical instruments, like xylophones, or pianos? Make a drum out of kitchen stuff, that way, you don't have to buy one? Art supplies? You sound a bit like me, the way you love sensory play.

I'll do whatever I can to help, now that I understand better. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: stareegirl
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Ah, I understand better now. I think I might know why there was such serious suction as to cause the kind of pressure you experienced. Ouch, that hurts. I'm sorry, sweetie. See, nuby is a baby brand, and at the point they start using sippy cups, which is insanely young nowadays, they need all that suction, to control the flow, so nothing goes down the wrong pipe. It may also make it so less spills out.

I'll be glad to look at cups for you, and silicone straws that don't have über suction, because they're meant for people who know already how to use a straw, and aren't still learning. Do you want something big enough to make your hands feel small? For me, it's the bigger and cuter, the better! What colors do you like? What characters and motifs? Cool Gear Inc. makes some truly cute stuff. I have a ton of it. It isn't super spill-proof, but some is spill resistant, and most of it is cute. Bubba has some silicone straws, and nice cups. Mixing and matching might be a good bet.

As far as toys, what do you think you might like? Are you a chime rattle person? I heard one on a YouTube video, so you can see if you like that sound. Are you a natural cuddler? In that case, how about a plushy? What characters and motifs do you like, or think you may like, again, this time, in reference to toys? Kinetic sand or Play Doh sounds good for you. You could make a sand and water table, as the height of a kid one maybe difficult for you to play at. Maybe kiddy musical instruments, like xylophones, or pianos? Make a drum out of kitchen stuff, that way, you don't have to buy one? Art supplies? You sound a bit like me, the way you love sensory play.

I'll do whatever I can to help, now that I understand better. Sorry about that.
Thanks I think you answered my question about toys:)

I'm looking for flip top straw cups maybe with a snack container. I'd prefer the straw wasn't spill proof that might be painful. I really wanted something with a princess or animal on it but I'd settle for bright colors. I'll keep looking maybe post what I find. There isn't much information on toddler stuff on here.

stareegirl said:
Thanks I think you answered my question about toys:)

I'm looking for flip top straw cups maybe with a snack container. I'd prefer the straw wasn't spill proof that might be painful. I really wanted something with a princess or animal on it but I'd settle for bright colors. I'll keep looking maybe post what I find. There isn't much information on toddler stuff on here.

How do you feel about Elmo's face? https://www.amazon.com/ICUP-Sesame-Street-Plastic-16-Ounce/dp/B00ECXKTW0
You might have to buy a separate silicone straw, but hey, how cute is Elmo? They have M & M faces, too. Do you have an ideal princess? What aminal ya want? If you say Ana and Elsa, got you covered. https://www.zak.com/disney-frozen-movie-snack-cups-FZNN-S110

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
How do you feel about Elmo's face? https://www.amazon.com/ICUP-Sesame-Street-Plastic-16-Ounce/dp/B00ECXKTW0
You might have to buy a separate silicone straw, but hey, how cute is Elmo? They have M & M faces, too. Do you have an ideal princess? What aminal ya want?
Hey I didn't know they made stuff like that in adult sizes, but it is seaseme street after all. I didn't think about a different straw if it's not all one piece. A generic princess but I think I'll have to settle for Disney princess and any cartoon animal. Don't wear yourself out I'm looking now everywhere. There are straw cups at Dollar general with paw patrol and Vamperina not a big fan but one of them would work. It looks. Might be for preschoolers so it won't be as spill proof.

Does anyone know any all in one toddler toys? That's the hardest category to find I just thought about that.

stareegirl said:
Hey I didn't know they made stuff like that in adult sizes, but it is seaseme street after all. I didn't think about a different straw if it's not all one piece. A generic princess but I think I'll have to settle for Disney princess and any cartoon animal. Don't wear yourself out I'm looking now everywhere. There are straw cups at Dollar general with paw patrol and Vamperina not a big fan but one of them would work. It looks. Might be for preschoolers so it won't be as spill proof.

Does anyone know any all in one toddler toys? That's the hardest category to find I just thought about that.
You need a hand. It's what I'm here for. I'm not wearing myself out! You're absolutely fine! We're so much alike. You even like generic cute concepts like, "Princess," and, "animal"!

Is that so you don't feel pushed into a specific age? That why I like generically über girly, so I can float into how I feel. There are also ways to obtain spill-proofness without hurting your teeth, but it's hard to know which ones will, and which ones won't. I've never had that happen to me, but mine don't come from the baby section. The water bottles with straws among these, https://www.ddlgforum.com/topic/19460-sippy-cup-and-bottle-alternatives/ don't create a bunch of pressure. We've had several come through this house, which 2 of us being wheelchair users, prone to spilling. Haven't had that kind since about middle school, though. Remember, another straw connects to the silicone one, so it can touch bottom. It just makes things easier.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say im age fluid that would imply that I'm mixed but I do switch between ages sometimes rapidly and yes a generic little space definitely helps with that.

51kSS3f9u7L._AC_SY400_.jpg51jXws0Ms9L._AC_SY400_.jpg413zOv84ejL._AC_SY400_.jpg
I found some toys I really like. The train was what I was searching for it was hard to find. Maybe this will help others find toddler toys.

stareegirl said:
Does anyone know any all in one toddler toys? That's the hardest category to find. I just thought about that.
What do you mean by, "all in one toddler toys"?

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
What do you mean by, "all in one toddler toys"?
Like the train toys with multiple pieces that can be played with in multiple ways. If you play with that sort of thing too.

You're right. That is hard! Think, think, think. . . Oh, bother! Let me keep on it. That's my thinker, in case you smell smoke.

Back