Looking for someone willing to teach me how to make gfx and better thumbnails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Hey so i would like someone who is willing to teach someone who sorta knows the basics of how to make a thumbnail but i want to learn more. If any of you make gfx or thumbnails and want to help it would be grateful. I use gimp for anyone that wondered.
Here are a few examples:
View attachment 22881
View attachment 22880
View attachment 22882
View attachment 22883
View attachment 22884
View attachment 22885
View attachment 22886
View attachment 22887
View attachment 22888
View attachment 22889

To be completely honest, a lot of it is getting the feel for it. Art is difficult to teach because there isn't a specific formula to follow, it deals a lot with the artist's imagination and personal abilities. My advice, just play around with stuff. Use blur tools, opacity, several layers, etc. Another tip, specifically for digital art, is when ordering layers, put the foremost things (ie anything closer to the viewer, something with nothing in front of it) at the top and background things (stuff with things in front of them) at the bottom. Also, its always helpful to have lines and color in different layers (with lines higher up on the list) because nothing sucks more than messing up a line while adding color (and its really hard to avoid empty space and not hit a line; your color layer will almost always go under the line). And also take advantage of locking and hiding layers! It'll save you a lot of time!

AshleyAshes said:
Can you explain what these thumbnails are for? Though not knowing their ogal, my first comment would be that they're too busy. The could make nice wallpapers, but as such small scales, they're very busy and noisy, a small thumbnail needs to communicate simply and effectively and you just have a LOT going on in most of those.

they are for my youtube channel thumbnails.

Snivy said:
F*** that game, i'm sorry.
it was easy to smash people in. I had so many people rage quit it was unreal.

copper360 said:
it was easy to smash people in. I had so many people rage quit it was unreal.

Game was not good at the beginning and I listed my reasons why and I actually hit like 30 reasons :p Advance warfare I find fun now which brought me back from the dead.

Snivy said:
Game was not good at the beginning and I listed my reasons why and I actually hit like 30 reasons :p Advance warfare I find fun now which brought me back from the dead.

advanced warfare is better than alot of then apart from mw2 and WaW.

I really am unfamiliar with GIMP simply because I've tried it a few times and found some of the abilities of it sort of eh. Like, part of the problem is GIMP is awful at resizing things.. making things look smaller even always comes out looking like a mess. So one tip I could give is to do any cropping/resizing on a different program or even website. Tons of image hosting sites allow you to edit an image afterwards, and have often found better results with their cropping at least in comparison to GIMP.

I wish I could help you more, but I'm so unfamiliar with that specific program. There are certainly some tips I could try to help pass with my meager skills if you get your hand on a Photoshop. Sorry, I'm sure that doesn't help much.

copper360 said:
advanced warfare is better than alot of then apart from mw2 and WaW.

I heard MW2 was popping, the Campaign and the Multiplayer.

well all i will say is this i am trying to learn GFX and i want to use a dedicated program apart from photoshop cause i dont have the cash. I also made my banner as i needed one badly so here it is.View attachment 22929

I use GIMP for pretty much all my graphics.

If you want you can take a look at some of them here.
http://1sb2gamer.daportfolio.com/

Teaching is a bit hard to do though. The only thing I could teach you is techniques, but not when or how to use such techniques as that would be up to you. The thing though is, you can find any techniques I show you all around the internet. Just look for tutorials and many of them show you ways to do certain things, even if the final product isn't the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back